PDA

View Full Version : Passenger headlight bulb

kamza
1st November 2009, 06:08 PM
Hi all :bigwave:

Replaced the passenger headlight bulb on the wife's R50 Cooper and the dipped light still doesn't come on. I thought at first it could be a fuse but on testing the main beam light, it came on!

Could it still be a fuse? Checked the fuse box under the bonnet but don't really know what to look for. :blush:

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

L13ARG
1st November 2009, 09:47 PM
dip beam and high beam have a fuse each left and right:thumbs up:

GAJ
2nd November 2009, 08:31 AM
dip beam and high beam have a fuse each left and right:thumbs up:
They are separate bulbs too; are you sure you changed the correct one and it is seated correctly?:Whistle:

kamza
3rd November 2009, 12:01 AM
They are separate bulbs too; are you sure you changed the correct one and it is seated correctly?:Whistle:

Same bulb actually!

Had the both driver and passenger bulbs out from their respective units but stiill connected to the wiring. Turn light switch on to dipped lights and only the drivers dipped light comes on...move light stalk to main beam position and both driver AND passenger beam lights come on! Tried 3 different bulbs and all give me the same answer! :argh:

This one's got me really foxed...looks like a trip to Douglas Park as much as I don't want to go there!

GAJ
3rd November 2009, 09:34 PM
Same bulb actually!
Emm, no, Different bulbs actually! The main beam is behind the round cover at the bottom, I suspect this is the one you have changed. ;) The dipped beam is behind the sort of squarish cover at the top. I suspect you have not noticed this. :frown:

kamza
8th November 2009, 03:26 PM
Emm, no, Different bulbs actually! The main beam is behind the round cover at the bottom, I suspect this is the one you have changed. ;) The dipped beam is behind the sort of squarish cover at the top. I suspect you have not noticed this. :frown:

Dear oh dear GAJ...sincere appologies! :blush:

I WAS changing the wrong bulb all this time! What can I say, it was dark and it had started to rain!

Cheers :thumbs up:

GAJ
8th November 2009, 05:00 PM
Dear oh dear GAJ...sincere appologies! :blush:

I WAS changing the wrong bulb all this time! What can I say, it was dark and it had started to rain!

Cheers :thumbs up:

No worries, it's not obvious from a cursory look. It's worth checking that the bulbs are seated correctly as it can be quite tricky and even a small change can really affect the throw, as I have found out the hard way!