PDA

View Full Version : Offshore workers

Jack678
26th October 2009, 11:49 PM
Just wondering were all you offshore boys work etc? Im an apprentice for TAQA Bratani and work on the Eider Alpha....:D

Gismo
27th October 2009, 05:20 AM
I'm a completions and intervention supervisor and work in Baku, offshore in the Caspian Sea

GCA3N
27th October 2009, 06:59 AM
I am an Instrument Tech on the Brent Delta.

dellie
27th October 2009, 09:45 AM
My other half works for Talisman and is just back from the Claymore, heading off to the Bleo Holm next

john
27th October 2009, 10:02 AM
I work all over the place, last job was Nigeria and next week I'm heading to Denmark.

Gismo
27th October 2009, 10:12 AM
I work all over the place, last job was Nigeria and next week I'm heading to Denmark.about time you did something :Whistle:

john
27th October 2009, 01:54 PM
about time you did something :Whistle:

I can do a full days work and run after you too :moonie:

m8cxc
27th October 2009, 07:43 PM
and my other half still lookin for work offshore as a rigger aint havin much luck:argh:

GCA3N
27th October 2009, 07:56 PM
and my other half still lookin for work offshore as a rigger aint havin much luck:argh:

There is so many cut backs just now it's scary. Massive changes in the offshore, for the first time ever I am worried about my job!

Sheilz
27th October 2009, 08:12 PM
I'm a completions and intervention supervisor and work in Baku, offshore in the Caspian Sea

You might have come across my middle son. He's a completions engineer with Haliburton, Abdn based but sometimes in Montrose. He looks after the Conaco contract (or he did though to be honest I lose track. Started off in Sakhlin - his idea of hell). Think his job title is professional associate though promo to sen eng has been spoken about.

Mini_Disaster
27th October 2009, 08:13 PM
Instrument Tech on the Nelson

Jack678
27th October 2009, 09:14 PM
Instrument Tech on the Nelson

Do you know a boy Duncan Mcgill on there? he's an Electrical Tech.

Smitty
27th October 2009, 09:49 PM
My other half works for Talisman and is just back from the Claymore, heading off to the Bleo Holm next

Your other half might know my old man and my brother then :thumbs up:

Scottie
27th October 2009, 10:29 PM
I work all over the place, last job was Nigeria and next week I'm heading to Denmark.

yummy Danish Pastry.

John if your onshore and get time off you should go to lego land it's brilliant nothing like the one here in the UK.

dellie
28th October 2009, 09:58 AM
Your other half might know my old man and my brother then :thumbs up:

What's their names? Will ask him

If they break their pcs often they will know my other half as he's one of the guys that goes out to sort problems, swap over computers, etc

Just Jade
28th October 2009, 02:56 PM

Jack I think you might find out he not only knows him, but is a lot closer to him atm than we care to think about !!! :eek:

Mini_Disaster
28th October 2009, 03:30 PM

Im sharing a room with Duncan this trip.

My snorings been keeping him awake:shut up::smilewinkgrin:

Smitty
29th October 2009, 12:32 AM
What's their names? Will ask him

If they break their pcs often they will know my other half as he's one of the guys that goes out to sort problems, swap over computers, etc

Old man's name is Ian Smith - he was Wells Manager and is now Ops Manager up at the oil Terminal at Flotta.

Brother is Mark - he was doing a summer placement as he is still at uni, and continuing on one day a week. No idea what he has been doing!! Engineering stuff :Whistle:

Jack678
29th October 2009, 12:52 AM
Im sharing a room with Duncan this trip.

My snorings been keeping him awake:shut up::smilewinkgrin:

Jeez it's a small world, went to college with him for 18months! Top Guy!:thumbs up:

dellie
29th October 2009, 09:46 AM
Old man's name is Ian Smith - he was Wells Manager and is now Ops Manager up at the oil Terminal at Flotta.

Brother is Mark - he was doing a summer placement as he is still at uni, and continuing on one day a week. No idea what he has been doing!! Engineering stuff :Whistle:

Your old man will probably know my other half as he was up at Flotta for two weeks in August swapping out the pcs, his name is David Skinner.

NorthSea888
18th November 2009, 05:32 PM
I work on the scott platform as a metering tech...:thumbs up:

john
18th November 2009, 06:35 PM
I work on the scott platform as a metering tech...:thumbs up:

I did my first ever trip offshore on the Scott, lots and lots of stairs:argh:

I am currently on the Safe Esbjerg off of Denmark:bigwave:

john
18th November 2009, 06:37 PM
yummy Danish Pastry.

John if your onshore and get time off you should go to lego land it's brilliant nothing like the one here in the UK.

I picked up the flyer for it at my Hotel so if I get the chance when I get back onshore I will do just that.:thumbs up:

Maxxed Ross
25th November 2009, 11:04 AM
I'm a Mech Tech on the Nelson... and it's flippin findy out here just now!

Big Gordy
25th November 2009, 06:52 PM
Iand it's flippin findy out here just now!

I take it you mean WINDY:Whistle:

Maxxed Ross
29th November 2009, 10:37 AM
probably