PDA

View Full Version : How many minis do you see each day?

Ally S
22nd October 2009, 08:36 PM
A thread a while back got me thinking about how many Minis people see each day?

I started counting and got to over 10 on my 25 minute drive to work - some quite nice ones too.

Is this a lot or is it just cos I drive through yuppyville on my way to work?

Delboy
22nd October 2009, 09:32 PM
I was thinking this recently - there appears to be more and more Minis on the road every day! I'm even seeing Clubmans more often too :eek: (a nice dark silver with light silver roof Cooper S passed me near Silverburn tonight on the way home from work :cool:).

I regularly see 7 or 8 Minis on my 15-minute journey to work each day (not including the 5 that park in the same section of the work's car park as I do - and there are several more in the other sections!).

RyanK
22nd October 2009, 10:52 PM
I am not trying to be funny here whatsoever, in all seriousness I honestly see about 30

G17RDY
22nd October 2009, 11:20 PM
Yep loads for me too, driving from Moodiesburn to Ibrox everyday you do see a good few of them on that M8

A very very popular wee car, reasonably priced and very attractive giving the amount of options available although i have to say its unusual for me to see one tricked out, they are normally 'standard' looking wee cars.

Also, is it just me or are there more and more cooper S on the roads nowadays - mind you can't argue with that price!!!!

Stewart
23rd October 2009, 12:03 AM
As I’ve been saying over the last few months, there seems to me to have been an explosion of Mini’s about. On the Southside I can count 20-30 easy on a short trip. As I said in another post we had five in a row in Shawlands one night and one of the cars facing us was a mini.

When I got my car I was the second Mini in the street, the guy up the road got a Red Cooper a few months before me but now we have been joined by another four, two being convertibles that girls are driving and my neighbour got a 56 plate silver one that sits across the road and the guy across the roads girlfriend has a white mini cooper. That’s not counting the two or three that visit.

So I can see the attraction of having something like that new Coupe that will be a total head turner.

Crombers
23rd October 2009, 07:08 AM
Too dark on the 'graveyard shift' for me to count em :yawn:

L13ARG
23rd October 2009, 07:19 AM
i do a wee trip to a different town couple of times a week and i see 4/5 minis every time plus ones going about the town has gone up . YOUR thinking thats not very many but i do live in the Borders . I keep seeing a lot of diesel coopers ,3 in Hawick all pepper White (best colour mind lol)

antihero3000
23rd October 2009, 09:42 AM
The same 4 mini's on my 35 mile drive to work everyday.

One of them swapped their black R50 for a siver R56 a couple of months ago and kept the alloys.

rpn
23rd October 2009, 12:18 PM
There must be about 10 in my work's carpark and seem loads too on the road.

Kren__
23rd October 2009, 12:20 PM
I was reading this thread earlier so when I went out for lunch I decided to pick my head up see how many MINI's were going about. Walking down North Esplanade West (in Aberdeen) from my office to the BP garage takes 10 minutes there and back. I saw no less than 13! :eek: And I don't have mine in today so I'm not even counting that...

john
23rd October 2009, 01:41 PM
I was reading this thread earlier so when I went out for lunch I decided to pick my head up see how many MINI's were going about. Walking down North Esplanade West (in Aberdeen) from my office to the BP garage takes 10 minutes there and back. I saw no less than 13! :eek: And I don't have mine in today so I'm not even counting that...

OK so where do you work? and what do you drive?
I can see the BP garage from my office window.

Forbes
23rd October 2009, 01:51 PM
Stalker!

john
23rd October 2009, 01:52 PM
Stalker!

You better believe it:off topic:

Forbes
23rd October 2009, 01:55 PM
I see a stupid amount on my pointless little journeys. But then there is 6 out of 10 cars at work on the same shift that have MINIs, I'm the original though

RyanK
23rd October 2009, 02:09 PM
you must look like the m&s mink!

Kren__
23rd October 2009, 02:13 PM

Should I be afraid... :knife: :D

Petrofac, up the other end from the BP Garage. I'm in a Red Cooper S some days and a silver Corsa others. But you'll have to be an early riser to catch me. (And have night vision at the moment)

Sheilz
24th October 2009, 12:36 AM
Gave up counting minis in Aberdeen, far too many of them- and a right snooty bunch some of them are too. I did get a wee smile from a woman at Sainsbury's garage tonight driving an all leccy blue one or cooper and a tentative smile from another woman in a mellow yellow with zany animal print roof. Suppose to be fair when its rush hour its not the best time to be gawping out for minis but I get quite irritated when smiles are deliberately ignored. I mean its not like I'm drving an old beaten up rust bucket that doesn't have a tax disc with a pit bull terrier hanging out the back window. I mean for f*ck's sake anyone can lay their hands on a mini, its not like there aren't plenty of used ones on the market. They're not exactly status symbols.

But best smile today came from myself when visiting the Sheill garage in Montrose for there was this wifie in her slippers, blue jammies and fluffy pink dressing gown stading filling up her wee blue pug. Fabulous :laugh::laugh::laugh:

GCA3N
24th October 2009, 06:16 AM
Gave up counting minis in Aberdeen, far too many of them- and a right snooty bunch some of them are too. I did get a wee smile from a woman at Sainsbury's garage tonight driving an all leccy blue one or cooper and a tentative smile from another woman in a mellow yellow with zany animal print roof. Suppose to be fair when its rush hour its not the best time to be gawping out for minis but I get quite irritated when smiles are deliberately ignored. I mean its not like I'm drving an old beaten up rust bucket that doesn't have a tax disc with a pit bull terrier hanging out the back window. I mean for f*ck's sake anyone can lay their hands on a mini, its not like there aren't plenty of used ones on the market. They're not exactly status symbols.

But best smile today came from myself when visiting the Sheill garage in Montrose for there was this wifie in her slippers, blue jammies and fluffy pink dressing gown stading filling up her wee blue pug. Fabulous :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think its probably down to most people who drive mini's (nowadays) are not as fanatical now (obvioulsy NMS, NM etc folks excluded) I was getting fuel recently and when i got to the girl to pay I said
"pump2"
she replied with a high pitched tone
" what , the Mini?"
i said
"yes, why"
she said "
oh it's just you don't look like a mini driver"

Now take that how you like not really sure what she ment, i just paid and left before she said anything else.

Sheilz
24th October 2009, 11:51 AM
I think its probably down to most people who drive mini's (nowadays) are not as fanatical now (obvioulsy NMS, NM etc folks excluded) I was getting fuel recently and when i got to the girl to pay I said
"pump2"
she replied with a high pitched tone
" what , the Mini?"
i said
"yes, why"
she said "
oh it's just you don't look like a mini driver"

Now take that how you like not really sure what she ment, i just paid and left before she said anything else.

Best just taKe it as a compliment :lol:

MiniSnaps
25th October 2009, 03:16 AM
On my 3 mile run down the road in the morning I see probably 20 MINIs, there are 7 or 8 parked on the route and probably another 10 or so in the railway station car park - Fairbairns must be doing well :lol:

MINI William
25th October 2009, 02:41 PM
I see 3 MINIs as I step out the door every morning :laugh:.Then on my travels in to work i see loads (to many to count) and a chilli red cooper with a very nice blonde on the bridges :Whistle:

Louboolicious
25th October 2009, 06:52 PM
i'd never noticed how many minis there were until i got my own one..now i literally see one every 5 minutes of driving time!!

big pete
22nd November 2009, 08:53 PM
When I got mine i reckon there was 3 ,maybe 4 at a push in Fort William. Wanted a Black S and was lucky to get a solid Black with loads of toys . Guess what, now I reckon there is easily 6 or 7 black in the town not all S's and some with striping . Like to say I started something but more down to it being a great wee car. Parked at the supermarket the other day and a woman came and spoke to me to point out her car, yep you guessed it . Identical bar the number and front door card colour. Now put on different wheels to make it a bit different again.

koolsville
23rd November 2009, 04:00 PM

I drive home along North Esplanade West every night... it's amazing how many MINI's there are along that road and on Riverside Drive too.

I've gave up counting.

Sheilz
23rd November 2009, 09:51 PM
The week I got Dougall some rellies of a family along the street got themselves a chilli clubbie with black roof etc. Since then I've now seen another chilli red clubbie with silver which I wasn't too keen on - think the silver looks really good with nightfire red but not chilli. I think I've also seen another black and chilli clubbie but having not noted the reg amn't sure if its the one that's sometimes parked along the street or not.

One thing that surprises me is how few minis I see out on the open roads. I do loads of driving for work and I really dont see very many at all on the motorways and stuff. I think I didn't see more than a couple on Friday from Abz down to Coldstream. Defo seem to be treated as just wee runbout town cars.