PDA

View Full Version : Great news.........NOT!!

Big Gordy
22nd October 2009, 10:13 AM
Well went into work today at 8 and at 9.30 was made redundant:sad:
Totally out of the blue....heavy bummer man:frown:
Good job I don't have any overheads and the redundancy package is pretty good but it still means I need to look for another job AGAIN:ragin: This will be about the 8th time:thud:It's getting that I quite enjoy interviews now:rolleyes:

john
22nd October 2009, 10:15 AM
I believe its a good time of year for part time work:smilewinkgrin:

Better stop shaving and start growing a beard:bigwave:

Craig
22nd October 2009, 10:36 AM
Holy Feck man :frown::frown:

thats not good mate.... hope you find something soon and don't have to get rid of any of your toys... ;)

Scottie
22nd October 2009, 10:38 AM
There is always temp work at post office the now. :p;)

GCA3N
22nd October 2009, 10:41 AM
Nightmare Gordy, gutted for you.:frown: Hope you find work soon. What is it you do as a matter of interest?

Delboy
22nd October 2009, 10:56 AM
Sorry to hear this Gordy. Can't believe you have been made redundant 8 times already :eek:.
Hope you find something else quickly. Clearly, you must be good at interviews so that should help :thumbs up:.

Big Gordy
22nd October 2009, 11:24 AM
What is it you do as a matter of interest?

Anything remotely mechanical really:Whistle: Mostly mechanical CAD draughting but have done some civil stuff, contract management, site surveying...etc
Was just starting to dabble in 3D too:sad:

Big Gordy
22nd October 2009, 11:26 AM
There is always temp work at post office the now. :p;)
Was talking to our regular postie this morning (as I was back in the house by then:sad:) Says he won't be on tomorrow tho:frown:

Big Gordy
22nd October 2009, 11:28 AM
and don't have to get rid of any of your toys... ;)

No chance of that happening bud:ragin: They're all bought and paid for:thumbs up: I'll find the wife a full time job before that happens:laugh:

doogz__
22nd October 2009, 11:36 AM
If you're a qualified draughtsman, get in touch with East Kilbride Engineering Services (EKES).

They're the agency i've been with for over 3 years now, friendly helpful guys, and decent rates. They've got people all over Scotland, England, Germany etc.

stoney
22nd October 2009, 11:43 AM
Sorry to here that

Hope you find some thing soon

Big Gordy
22nd October 2009, 11:54 AM
If you're a qualified draughtsman, get in touch with East Kilbride Engineering Services (EKES).

They're the agency i've been with for over 3 years now, friendly helpful guys, and decent rates. They've got people all over Scotland, England, Germany etc.

Cheers for that:thumbs up: I'll give them a phone:yes nod:

RyanK
22nd October 2009, 12:15 PM
Sorry to hear of that mate

Gismo
22nd October 2009, 12:48 PM
Sheesh :eek: gutted for ya Gordy

baptie
22nd October 2009, 12:49 PM
Sorry to hear that, its happening more and more.

Best to get into the 3D modelling, I have a hooky copy of solidworks, you could draw mechanichal doofers in your bexers and long beard.

Hope something comes up

Burple
22nd October 2009, 12:52 PM
Eep.. that suck big man...

any good at pulling Sleighs?? ;):laugh:

Only messin', hope something comes up soon for ya! :thumbs up:

Big Gordy
22nd October 2009, 02:00 PM
Sorry to hear that, its happening more and more.

Best to get into the 3D modelling, I have a hooky copy of solidworks, you could draw mechanichal doofers in your bexers and long beard.

Hope something comes up

I actually have official discs of both solid works and AutoCAD 2010 3D Architect but never used them as I had enough of that at work without starting to do doing it at home:rolleyes: I'll have plenty of time now tho:argh:

Big Gordy
22nd October 2009, 02:02 PM
Sheesh :eek: gutted for ya Gordy

You could always start looking at jobs for me in Florida:Whistle:I could stay with you:thumbs up::laugh:

zimbo
22nd October 2009, 02:04 PM
You could always start looking at jobs for me in Florida:Whistle:I could stay with you:thumbs up::laugh:

Yeah that goes for me too :D

Sorry to hear your bad news Gordy mate, i really hope you find something soon. Fingers crossed mate.

Big Gordy
22nd October 2009, 02:05 PM
Whats happening with you Ali..?? You still looking..??

zimbo
22nd October 2009, 02:10 PM
Yeah i'm still looking!! :ragin:

Big Gordy
22nd October 2009, 02:14 PM
Cripes:eek:....how longs that been...3 months and nothing:sad: Bad times indeed:frown: There seems to be a few drafies jobs in Aberdeen tho...but its a fair commute for me:thud:

Colin
22nd October 2009, 03:53 PM
Total bummer dude, :frown: that was out the blue. Brians gone too! All the guys in the office were well shocked. Hope you find something soon. Who am I gonna talk to about cars now.

Fester
22nd October 2009, 04:10 PM
Sorry to hear about the job Gordy, know how you feel, job hunting myself.

rpn
22nd October 2009, 05:30 PM
Nae good news Gordy. :sad: Hope you fix up soon.

Mini Ecosse
22nd October 2009, 05:31 PM
Sorry to hear your bad news.
Hope something turns up soon.

Just Jade
22nd October 2009, 05:52 PM
Sorry to hear your news, hope you find something else soon :(

Looks like I'll be in the same boat when my temp contract expires in March :( I work for the local council and apparently they won't be renewing ANY temp contracts when once they expire :(

Bumble
22nd October 2009, 07:36 PM
Fingers crossed you get fixed up with something soon Gordy :)

AndyP & Lenore
22nd October 2009, 10:38 PM
Total bummer Gordy, really sorry to hear that.:sad:

A.

audrey
22nd October 2009, 11:03 PM
Sorry about your job :frown:

Hope you find something soon

Stewart
23rd October 2009, 01:07 AM
:frown:

dougie_dfc
23rd October 2009, 01:54 AM
Never good to hear about someone losing a job, but at least your still learning new skills which can only help set you out from other applicants...if your ever needing a copy of 3d software like 3dstudio/max then just give me a shout!

Crombers
23rd October 2009, 07:03 AM
:eek: Bo!!ocks :frown:

Sheilz
24th October 2009, 12:15 AM
Good luck with the job hunting :thumbs up:

Big Gordy
24th October 2009, 08:48 AM
Thanks guys/gals.......I'm feelin the luuuuuuuuuuuuurve:bigwave:
Now that the missus is over the shock she's happily making a LIST of all the things she wants doing while I'm off.....sheesh:rolleyes:
Hope I get a job soon......you should see how long the list is already:eek::laugh:

GCA3N
24th October 2009, 08:56 AM
Thanks guys/gals.......I'm feelin the luuuuuuuuuuuuurve:bigwave:
Now that the missus is over the shock she's happily making a LIST of all the things she wants doing while I'm off.....sheesh:rolleyes:
Hope I get a job soon......you should see how long the list is already:eek::laugh:

Typical, i get the same when i get home from offshore.

Gismo
24th October 2009, 09:15 AM
Typical, i get the same when i get home from offshore.Agreed :Whistle:

Craig
24th October 2009, 11:40 AM
:lol:
Typical, i get the same when i get home from offshore.

Agreed :Whistle:

my heart bleeds for you guys only having to work half the year... :thud::rolleyes: your only slightly worse than teachers... :Whistle:

Ally S
24th October 2009, 10:43 PM
hope you find something soon

GCA3N
25th October 2009, 07:08 AM
:lol:

my heart bleeds for you guys only having to work half the year... :thud::rolleyes: your only slightly worse than teachers... :Whistle:

Excuse me I get 31 weeks off a year, ie I work 4 weeks in 10 :p :lol:

Actually if you work it out most folks work a 37 hour week, with 4 weeks holidays and a week statutory.
37 hours x 47 weeks = 1739 per year.

I work 167 hours a trip I get no holidays therefor
167x10(trips)= 1670 hours per year

A difference of 69 hours not as much as you would have thought, plus I don't get to see my family every night. And have to miss so much stuff,eg next years highland tour:frown:, christmas , birthday's etc. Right get yer hankies oot.

I do like the time off and money but it is no picnic out here.

Sheilz
25th October 2009, 08:12 PM
Excuse me I get 31 weeks off a year, ie I work 4 weeks in 10 :p :lol:
it is no picnic out here.

No cooking , no laundry, no DIY, no housework, no homework, no nagging, no -in-laws, no shopping four weeks out of ten :rolleyes: have to agree most definitely not a picnic :frown::rolleyes::D

Big Gordy
25th October 2009, 09:12 PM
69 hours LESS work and 3x as much money:eek:.....aye its a hard life indeed:rolleyes: Where do I sign up.?

Gismo
26th October 2009, 03:59 AM
No cooking , no laundry, no DIY, no housework, no homework, no nagging, no -in-laws, no shopping four weeks out of ten :rolleyes: have to agree most definitely not a picnic :frown::rolleyes::DTrust me, the oil field is littered with men that are worse than wimmin :ragin:
The higher their position or authority and they forget where they come from, jumped up self ego'd full of their own importance @ss***** you get my drift.
doesn't make it an altogether easy life, the wife's nagging can be a blessing sometimes :D

GCA3N
26th October 2009, 07:07 AM
No cooking , no laundry, no DIY, no housework, no homework, no nagging, no -in-laws, no shopping four weeks out of ten :rolleyes: have to agree most definitely not a picnic :frown::rolleyes::D

You have a point, but it really is no picnic. I miss my wee girl (and my wife) so much out here, I've actually missed her last 2 birthdays and will miss this years too. And trust me a platform full of men is not that great, Alan's right some of the guys out here are the biggest bunch of sweetie wifes out, the bitching is terrible sometimes.
Anyway not complaining I have a job so I thank God for that everyday.:thumbs up:

Stewart
26th October 2009, 07:33 PM
Trust me, the oil field is littered with men that are worse than wimmin :ragin:
The higher their position or authority and they forget where they come from, jumped up self ego'd full of their own importance @ss***** you get my drift.
doesn't make it an altogether easy life, the wife's nagging can be a blessing sometimes :D

Baku, You dont know Archie Cormack do you?

Gismo
27th October 2009, 05:22 AM
Baku, You dont know Archie Cormack do you?Sorry, no

Big Gordy
26th November 2009, 01:46 PM
Anyway.........it seems my solidworks disc is just the the training one and need proper solid works on before it will work:argh:.........Paul (baptie) you have a PM mate:Whistle:

Sheilz
27th November 2009, 08:59 PM
You have a point, but it really is no picnic. I miss my wee girl (and my wife) so much out here, I've actually missed her last 2 birthdays and will miss this years too. And trust me a platform full of men is not that great, Alan's right some of the guys out here are the biggest bunch of sweetie wifes out, the bitching is terrible sometimes.
Anyway not complaining I have a job so I thank God for that everyday.:thumbs up:

Are you and Alan in the production side of things? Munro agreed with the bitching in some sectors but he said its not like that in the drilling side, not that he's found it to be like that and he's been offshore apart from two years office based for the past 25 years.

GCA3N
27th November 2009, 09:06 PM
Are you and Alan in the production side of things? Munro agreed with the bitching in some sectors but he said its not like that in the drilling side, not that he's found it to be like that and he's been offshore apart from two years office based for the past 25 years.

I'm in maintenance, but I see how the drilling crew are much more tightly knitted.

Crombers
28th November 2009, 03:26 PM
Trust me, the oil field is littered with men that are worse than wimmin :ragin:
The higher their position or authority and they forget where they come from, jumped up self ego'd full of their own importance @ss*****

So your pretty high up the ladder then :rolleyes: :Whistle:

john
28th November 2009, 04:38 PM
I work 9-5 five days a week, go offshore at a moments notice and never know how long for, as a result I can't plan anything in advance and when I do I usually end up cancelling ( like this weekend) have been offshore forthepast 16 days and still don't know when I will be back.

Big Gordy
28th November 2009, 05:07 PM
But at 300 quid a day your no complaining are you......sheeeesh:rolleyes::p