PDA

View Full Version : Best spark plugs for r50 cooper

lowrider
21st October 2009, 10:49 PM
I am getting my cooper serviced and would like recommendations for the best spark plugs. I have used Bosch super 4's on previous cars and have read some reviews on the NGK Irriduims though they seem to be for the cooper S

Advice appreciated :thumbs up:

Hamish
22nd October 2009, 09:01 AM
Denso Iridiums are the way forward :D

stoney
22nd October 2009, 11:52 AM
Denso Iridiums are the way forward :D

i have the desnso ones im my s and seem to be very good :yes nod:

L13ARG
22nd October 2009, 01:47 PM
Is that what you use in your cup car Hamish ? If so where do you get them from ? any idea on price ? :thumbs up:

stoney
22nd October 2009, 02:24 PM
sparkplugs.co.uk cheepest i found them i only paid £24 i think for a full set

lowrider
22nd October 2009, 07:04 PM
Nice. I have found the Deso's at Euro car parts. I 'll see if they will price match (tight fisted Scot!) :thumbs up:

Could some nice techy let me know how the plugs on a 2002 r50 copper (just incase there are some tips) After reading the reviews I can't wait to fit these, I was going to get my mechanic to do it, but will do it myself tomorrow with good instructions. Cheers.

GCA3N
23rd October 2009, 06:20 AM
It's dead easy. What I would recommend is getting a haynes manual there fantastic. As far as tips, make sure you change them one at a time (ie so you dont mix up the HT leads. Get the correct removal tool (eg at halfrauds) when you put the new ones back in don't over tighten. Like i said though get a haynes manual as well.

Crombers
23rd October 2009, 07:04 AM
One's that fit :thumbs up:

Hamish
23rd October 2009, 08:54 AM
Is that what you use in your cup car Hamish ? If so where do you get them from ? any idea on price ? :thumbs up:

We have to use standard plugs alan :( which is a bit crazy... the Bosch have four electrodes, so that will inhibit the spark.

Only thing I would say is when ordering online check the carriage charges... sometimes they wack on a big charge to 'hide' a low product cost :rolleyes:

I have Denso Iridiums in the Honda, love them.

lowrider
25th October 2009, 06:38 PM
Denso's bought from eurocarparts. Even got discount, cheaper than online prices! I was going to fit them today but my stanley 21mm spark plug socket is too big damn.