PDA

View Full Version : locking wheel nut key dilemma..

Louboolicious
18th October 2009, 03:05 PM
Just put my car in for its first service since i got it, and it turns out that i dont have the locking nut key - or if i do the garage couldnt find it in the car.

I dont remember bein given it by the garage i purchased it from (but they did the first MOT for me before i took it home, so they must have had it at some point), are there any secret compartments in the car where it might be hidden? And if not...

Does anyone know how much it will sting me to get another one? :argh:

Gismo
18th October 2009, 03:12 PM
I actually might have a set in my garage, it'll take a couple of days to check cause i ain't at home, but will find out.

With regards to where your original key may be, check the front seat back netting bits, also the toolkit under the rear carpet and also in the glove box, failing that it's the old locking wheel bolt removal trick ;)

Scottie
18th October 2009, 05:54 PM
if it is a MINI locking wheel nut that you have then any MINI dealer will have master one that they use or they should have one. Take it to your local dealer.

Craig
18th October 2009, 06:04 PM
with yours being a Cooper S it's prob next to your battery under the boot floor. :thumbs up:

Louboolicious
18th October 2009, 06:53 PM
thanks guys! Found it under the boot floor, i didn't even know that was there.
I'm starting to wish i'd bought my mini from a mini dealership rather than a VW one.
They know nothing about the car... and i'm just trying to learn

Livi
19th October 2009, 10:15 AM
They are not expensive to replace, i think they are about £4 for a new one, but as Fi said, we cant tell what you have on the car so you would need to go to your nearest dealer to have the masterkit put on to find out what number. :thumbs up: