PDA

View Full Version : Brazil - Interlagos

baptie
17th October 2009, 09:18 PM
Moan Ruby, got shivers when he got pole.

Oldest guy on the track and gets pole! :thumbs up:

Toughy for Button

baptie
18th October 2009, 08:06 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2737/4022561429_3bd8e5a11b.jpg

Top Race!

Well Done Jenson

The Dogfather
18th October 2009, 08:12 PM
Two consecutive British World Champions, hopefully Hamilton will have a more competitive car next season and Brawn manage to stay up there.

Threats will come from Alonso and Kimi I expect.

Craig
18th October 2009, 08:56 PM
really felt for all of the Brawn guys. Jenson could hardly speak, his dad was a wreck and Ross Brawn cried on TV.... ;)

Well done to the team that everyone thought wouldn't even exist this year and to big Ross or having the guts to put his name and cash behind it. :clap::clap:

Jenson did an awesome job and deserves all the plaudits. Just having a :beer::beer: to celebrate with them. :yes nod:

GCA3N
18th October 2009, 09:13 PM
Two consecutive British World champions. t.

yes pity the commentators don't think like you. As they put it 2 consecutive ENGLISH world champions. Had it been a Scottish/welsh/Irish driver then it would have been Brittish, typical.

The Dogfather
18th October 2009, 09:32 PM
They said British on the BBC in the summing up, I heard them...

They did say English when he crossed the line, because its the first time an Englishman had succeeded another Englishman.

The Dogfather
18th October 2009, 09:39 PM
Brits had been consecutive before with Graham Hill > Jim Clark > John Surtees > Jim Clark and Graham Hill > Jackie Stewart

Scottie
18th October 2009, 09:45 PM
they said British on the BBC and frankly I can't be bothered with this English Irish Welsh Scottish thing so what if they said English big deal we are all still part of the British Isle and I was proud that he won no matter who said what. end of. I'm still more a Lewis fan and hope he is back on top next year.

GCA3N
18th October 2009, 10:46 PM
they said British on the BBC and frankly I can't be bothered with this English Irish Welsh Scottish thing so what if they said English big deal we are all still part of the British Isle and I was proud that he won no matter who said what. end of. I'm still more a Lewis fan and hope he is back on top next year.

It's a big deal to me. I consider myself Brittish and hate how scots who do well are called Brits but English are still English. Sorry for expressing my opinions.

Craig
18th October 2009, 11:01 PM
don't apologise greig... it's always been the same with the english media... there are more of them than us, so they seem to forget the smaller nations... :rolleyes::argh: Like you I am proud to be Scots and will shout it out whenever required... :thumbs up:

I would think it's not intentional by them, however if so, remember 1314 :clap::clap::lol:

GCA3N
19th October 2009, 12:01 AM
don't apologise greig... it's always been the same with the english media... there are more of them than us, so they seem to forget the smaller nations... :rolleyes::argh: Like you I am proud to be Scots and will shout it out whenever required... :thumbs up:

I would think it's not intentional by them, however if so, remember 1314 :clap::clap::lol:

Cheers bud. :thumbs up:

The Dogfather
19th October 2009, 12:32 AM
1314? Kronenburg's new beer? ;)

baptie
19th October 2009, 07:26 AM
Drivers briefing was a laugh.

Webber
Kubica
on to Hamilton............Nope

Cut to Jenson's garage for all the fun!

euan
19th October 2009, 07:47 AM
Apparently the reason Hamilton wasn't pleased is that the"fans" had been throwing nuts at him. As far as they are concerned, he's caused two of their own to miss out, still not acceptable.

Anyway, champions drive from Button, he's been eeking this out for the last few races just getting points but just went for it big style today, just goes to show you can do it if you have the balls.

Loving Kobayashi though - boys a lunatic.

Oh - and did you see Kovi got a 25 second penalty for unsafe pit release, McLaren getting a $50,000 fine? If you watch the replay, it was the driver who left before the lolipop, typical FIA.

GCA3N
19th October 2009, 10:47 AM
Apparently the reason Hamilton wasn't pleased is that the"fans" had been throwing nuts at him. As far as they are concerned, he's caused two of their own to miss out, still not acceptable.

Anyway, champions drive from Button, he's been eeking this out for the last few races just getting points but just went for it big style today, just goes to show you can do it if you have the balls.

Loving Kobayashi though - boys a lunatic.

Oh - and did you see Kovi got a 25 second penalty for unsafe pit release, McLaren getting a $50,000 fine? If you watch the replay, it was the driver who left before the lolipop, typical FIA.

I thought Button's drive was amazing like you say and well deserved champion.

baptie
19th October 2009, 12:50 PM

Trulli getting fined US$10,000 for not leaving the track after an incident as directed by a marshal!

Think the drive through is right and the penalty, no matter the pressure on team and driver during a race, that was shocking

mini saltire
21st October 2009, 09:50 AM
Great drive by Button, huge pressure for him to cope with and he deserved the Championship.:clap:

Pit lane fire was a shocker, I will be glad to see the back of refueling next year.

Good drive by Kobayashi, I was hoping he would take off his helmet and Pete Posslethwaite got out (watch the Usual Suspects if you don't get that joke!!)

baptie
21st October 2009, 10:11 AM
Good drive by Kobayashi, I was hoping he would take off his helmet and Pete Posslethwaite got out (watch the Usual Suspects if you don't get that joke!!)

Sad really, after the final result we went our weekly food shop.
In the car on the way down I was quoting "Give me the keys, you f*****g c**k sucker" in the accents just because of the Kobayashi link :frown:

euan
21st October 2009, 10:26 AM
Kobayashi is a legend in the making, at least he raced, unlike the guy who said he'd "keep out of the way" - your paid millions to race, not just a nice drive on a Sunday.

Kimi apparently didn't have his visor completely down in the pits, bet he doesn't do that again. Mind you, could always sooth it with an ice cream :-)

zimbo
21st October 2009, 10:37 AM
Yup big congrats to the whole Brawn team :clap: a job VERY WELL DONE.
I am a big Team Brawn fan, dare I say it but I prefer Rubens over Jenson. Rubens is my favourite driver on the grid, I did feel pretty sorry for him getting pole and having the dissastrous race that he ended up with, he just never has any luck when it comes to his Home race it seems. I really felt for him and his Brazilian fans.
I wonder where he is going to be racing next season now?

As for Kobayashi, I dont think he should be allowed behind the wheel of an F1 car again, he is dangerous as far as I am concerned.

2010 is definately going to be exciting if anything, what with 4 new teams also arriving so means new drivers (probably unheard of ones too).

I cant wait for next season to start :clap: :clap: