PDA

View Full Version : One for all remotes

Ally S
15th October 2009, 10:45 PM
Anyone else got a one for all type remote control?

I recently got a Logitech Harmony and am well impressed. If it cant find your device it learns the buttons keys automatically when you press them. Has a nice lcd display on it too.

Well worth it to replace loads of remotes if anyone else is thinking on getting one.

The Bull
15th October 2009, 11:17 PM
I don't know what I'd do without my Harmony. Oh yeah, have to use loads of remotes. :shut up:

No really, they are the shiznits. Download the software from Logitech, pluc the remote via USB into your PC, tell it what models of TV, AMP, DVD/BD and SKY/Tuner you have and it sets the remote up for you. Obviously there are a couple more steps than that but they are really simple to configure.

I like how when I walk past it in the morning it switches itself on. It has really sensitive sensors inside!

I have the Harmony 555.

Probably the best feature is that you just push one button and it switches all of the relevant equipment on and selects the channels/inputs that the particular activity you have chosen require. also when you press the off button it switches all of your boxes off too! Nifty.

edit: The only downside that I have discovered so far is that it doesn't control my PS3 as it requires bluetooth signals however Logitech sell a IR to Bluetooth adapter specifically for this purpose.

C.Noble
16th October 2009, 07:11 PM
Personally, I love my new remote... cant find a device that responds to it tho!!

Sorry to hi jack your, otherwise sensible thread... couldnt resist!