PDA

View Full Version : Few body parts required

Fartin Martin
15th October 2009, 01:39 PM
Hey guys,

A friend of mine crashed her wee mini cooper at the weekend there!!:(..she doesnt want to go through the insurance as it will send it soaring next year, so shes just going to pay for it herself. shes looking for a few parts to get fitted, so I said i would ask on here to find out if anyone happened to have any of them for sale of knows of anyone/anywhere to get them at a good price

parts needed:

bonnet
bumper
radiator
headlight cases, the inside is fine

i think thats all she needs for now

thanks in advance

martin

RyanK
15th October 2009, 01:49 PM
facelift or pre facelift?

I've got front and rear Pre facelift bumpers finished in Pure Silver taking up room in my shed.

I'll give them away for nothing as long as postage is covered

ianking
15th October 2009, 02:12 PM
yeah handy to know if its prefacelift or facelift R50 or if its an R56

Fartin Martin
15th October 2009, 02:30 PM
facelift or pre facelift?

I've got front and rear Pre facelift bumpers finished in Pure Silver taking up room in my shed.

I'll give them away for nothing as long as postage is covered

its an 04 plate..hers is the same as mine so i'm pretty sure that its the face lift model?

strike that guys..its a pre-face lift model so the bumper should fit?:D..how would she be able to sort out postage?

she also needs a new steering wheel and air bag?

thanks guys

ianking
15th October 2009, 03:12 PM
The air bag is seperate from the steering wheel so should only need the bag unless she actually damaged the wheel from hitting against it or such like.

Are you sure it wont need a new front panel as well as it sounds like a bit of a hit if its deployed the bag.
The front panel is the big aluminium panel behind the bumper.

Fartin Martin
15th October 2009, 03:30 PM
The air bag is seperate from the steering wheel so should only need the bag unless she actually damaged the wheel from hitting against it or such like.

Are you sure it wont need a new front panel as well as it sounds like a bit of a hit if its deployed the bag.
The front panel is the big aluminium panel behind the bumper.

hmmm i seee!..well the actual steering wheels fine, so just a new air bag

she doesn't know about the front panel..she's your typical girl lol..i'm gonna go out later and have a proper look myself, but from what shes said then it seems fine!

cheers

Fartin Martin
15th October 2009, 03:43 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mini-Cooper-05-bonnet_W0QQitemZ280408437358QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4149a5326e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

would this fit a pre face lift model?

RyanK
15th October 2009, 04:00 PM
that bonnet is a facelift, would fit a pre facelift car though no worries. Just that you would have the updated headlights.

I have steering wheel and airbag aswell...£30 +postage if interested. Its a pre facelift 2 spoke wheel

ianking
15th October 2009, 04:08 PM
Remember a one steering wheel will be different from Cooper.

An 04 cooper with chilli will have 3 spoke wheel. It its no pack or Pepper pack then its a 2 spoke wheel with leather trimmed.
One wheels with salt or no pack are plastic.
The bags are different for 2 and 3 spoke wheels.

RyanK
15th October 2009, 04:14 PM
Yup mine is plasticky crap

john
15th October 2009, 05:16 PM
she will also need an airbag module;)

G19RNT
18th October 2009, 09:18 PM
i have a black cooper s front bumper in my garage taking up room its a bit scratched so would need resprayed tho