PDA

View Full Version : Very strange but slightly charming!!

Mini_Disaster
13th October 2009, 01:25 PM
My latest courtesy car :-

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/5609/clubby.jpg

Very very odd...........thankfully I was spared the tenner highway robbery for this one.

Yesterday when out in the M3 I experienced almost total break failure:eek:

I had put it in for a service a few weeks previous & then left it on the drive for my trip offshore. Hadnt used it much but where its sat there is a few drips of fluid.

It was pretty obvious at the time & was confirmed today that someones 'forgot' to nip up the bleed nipple when it was in :argh:

AndyP & Lenore
13th October 2009, 03:22 PM
It was pretty obvious at the time & was confirmed today that someones 'forgot' to nip up the bleed nipple when it was in :argh:

That's shocking.:eek: The potential consequences don't bear thinking about. Don't they have secondary checks for this sort of thing? Like when a garage changes your wheels, the nuts are torqued then checked by another technician to make sure they are torqued correctly.

A.

Mini_Disaster
13th October 2009, 03:44 PM
Yeah it doesnt really bear thinking about what could have happened!! No brakes on an M-car is a recipe for disaster!! Thankfully nothing did happen but on another road/on another day I might not have been so fortunate!!

Thankfully they have been very good about it, the cars been taken back to the garage & had a full brake inspection. The bleed valve is being replaced & I should get the car back tomorrow.

Goodwill gesture of the next service on the house is a welcome buffer but still i'll be pretty cautious of the car for some time.

Im not sure how their QC proceedures operate, they never went into detail. I would have expected there would be checks to sign the car off when complete but who knows. I can accept that mistakes do happen, I make them myself at work, although brakes should be basic mechanics to be fair, a time served tech should be able to do these bob on in their sleep!!

They have also agreed to 'work something out' for the repair of Jades PAS pump. So thats good, im glad they are valuing my custom again. Last night, I was reeling & franticly looking at what Audi I liked!! :lol: But I love my BMW's & Jade loves her mini's so we dont want to have to look elsewhere.

Anyway I hope this doesnt reflect Eastern in any way or deter any of you to not use them a thats not what I want to achieve with this thread, I still rate them as a professional outfit and one of the better BMW/mini dealers ive used. I was relieved they had arrived nearby and impressed with the new set up when I visited, i'll still use them for both cars for now, & hope this has just been a small hicup and things will improve from here on.

Best bit is I get to keep the clubby overnight yey!! :D :lol:

doogz__
13th October 2009, 04:11 PM
They're obviously being very decent about it, but still, that's a hell of a mistake to make when servicing someone's car!

You seem to be happy enough with the outcome, so that's what matters i guess.

Mini_Disaster
13th October 2009, 04:29 PM
Im mostly cheesed about the free service, because its due an inspection 2 in around 2k miles. Which runs into 4 figures, but they have agreed to carry it out as goodwill so that has been greatly recieved.

Or should I hold out for a E92 V8 as a replacement vehicle..........haha I wish.:lol:

No I think ive now been treated as I should and their offer of gratitude is greatly recieved. As I said we like our current cars and hope to see ourselves upgrading to newer models in time and not having to buy some other junk because our mini doesnt want to steer & our BMW doesnt want to stop!!:argh: