PDA

View Full Version : EVO magazine

Big Gordy
10th October 2009, 09:52 AM
Decembers EVO magazine has a group test of 6 of the best mini's to celebrate its 50th birthday:thumbs up:
On test are.....Austin Cooper 'S', 1275GT, Rover Mini Cooper, BMW Mini Cooper, Works GP and JCW 'S'
I'm off on holiday for a week but I can pdf the article when I get back to work for anyone who wants it without splashing out on the magazine:Whistle:

baptie
10th October 2009, 07:28 PM
Like Evo but prefer to snaffle .pdf when you post it up

Big Gordy
11th October 2009, 08:35 AM
OK:thumbs up: I'll pdf it when I get back:yes nod:

Ally S
14th October 2009, 08:20 PM
aye that would be cool if you can get that scanned. cheers

Kren__
15th October 2009, 11:31 AM
It's a decent enough article but by EVO's standards it could've been so much better. I just felt they could've gone into more depth about each model, especially when looking at 50 years worth of motors.

But worth a read if you buy EVO anyway (or if it finds it's way on to here via pdf...)

By way of a teaser, those of you with the first BMW MINI Cooper should be feeling rather pleased with yourselves...

Crombers
15th October 2009, 02:48 PM
By way of a teaser, those of you with the first BMW MINI Cooper should be feeling rather pleased with yourselves...

C'mon then, whadit say then :yes nod:

Kren__
16th October 2009, 07:45 AM
C'mon then, whadit say then :yes nod:

***SPOILER ALERT*** Ignore the text below if you don't want to know the outcome... Highlight it if you do...

That the original of both the classic and the new Minis are the best examples... 5 Stars, which is high praise indeed from the EVO team

Delboy
16th October 2009, 08:28 AM
***SPOILER ALERT*** Ignore the text below if you don't want to know the outcome... Highlight it if you do...

Now that was clever! :thumbs up:

Gismo
16th October 2009, 09:24 AM
Now that was clever! :thumbs up: :off topic: That technique was used a lot on another MINI community to intimidate and to take the micky out of mods etc, was amusing at the time but time consuming for the mods to clear up :Whistle:

Delboy
16th October 2009, 10:52 AM
:off topic: That technique was used a lot on another MINI community to intimidate and to take the micky out of mods etc, was amusing at the time but time consuming for the mods to clear up :Whistle:

I take it back :blush: - it's not smart and it's not clever :hand:.

Getting back on topic :p, I really must buy that EVO magazine :lol:.

Crombers
16th October 2009, 07:13 PM
Still keen to know what it said ................. :Whistle:

Crombers
18th October 2009, 05:16 PM
Bought the mag :clap:

I've got one of these cars :hand:

Off to buy 15's :D

Big Gordy
19th October 2009, 08:21 AM
I'm back at work today (booooooooooooooooooooooo:sad:) but forgot to bring the mag in with me...dohh:rolleyes: i'll try and remember it tomorrow:thumbs up: Can I attach a pdf to a post:confused:

Gismo
19th October 2009, 08:35 AM
I'm back at work today (booooooooooooooooooooooo:sad:) but forgot to bring the mag in with me...dohh:rolleyes: i'll try and remember it tomorrow:thumbs up: Can I attach a pdf to a post:confused:E-mail it to me and i'll host it on the NMS server

Big Gordy
20th October 2009, 01:02 PM
Email with pdf sent Alan:thumbs up:

Gismo
20th October 2009, 01:25 PM
And here it is, caution - 4mb file :eek:

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/link.gif (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/downloads/mini50.pdf)

Edit: Please let me know if you can't download it

Big Gordy
20th October 2009, 03:17 PM
Loads up fine for me Alan:thumbs up: