PDA

View Full Version : Bad Times / Good times

Fester
8th October 2009, 07:42 PM
Well you can add me to the list of the unemployed. Have been made redundant, our firm has decided to close 30 branches whos lease was either up or due to expire. So after 8 years as a Debt Collector:eek: that me now on the search for a new job.

Not that worried as it has now elliminated alot of stress out of my life and now gives me a wee while to play about with the car, in the meantime got a great new place to play in while doing it. Some of you will know I am the Vice Chairman of the Strathmore Vintage Vehicle Club and we have been building our own offices and storage warehouse so as you will see I have made sure that there will be room for a valeting bay + get to be an apprentice Bob the builder until it is finished.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/stevedear/28092009082.jpg
tempory office while constructing the proper one

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/stevedear/28092009083.jpg
my play space

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v140/stevedear/28092009081.jpg
the goodies to play with

Cheers
Stephen

Sheilz
8th October 2009, 07:59 PM
Sorry to hear that. Not much fun being put out to grass, well, for a short while maybe, but then there's the anxiety when the bills hit the mat. Surviving on benefits is a challenge. I often wonder if the people who decide how little the unemployed etc are given to survive on would be a bit more generous if they had some statutory obligation to live on benefits for a week never mind several months. Its the poor people who manage on very little without accruing debts who should be put in charge of the country's finances. Might end up with less folk being thrown out of work.

Fester
8th October 2009, 08:17 PM
Cheers Seilz, thankfully there is a half reasonable redundancy package so will keep me going for a good few months until I find something. Dont even want to think about what happens after that. mind you after 8 years of dealing with bad debt at least I know all the ways to avoid paying debt :lol:

baptie
8th October 2009, 08:23 PM
sorry to hear news, kinda on the same track as company is on severe downturn.
never knew about SVVC, good to know.

With that cupboard full of autosmart gear I am sure thegreen godess will be gleaming.

Hope something comes up man.

Craig
8th October 2009, 09:31 PM
all the best man, when times are hard, it's good to have a hobbie/interest... :yes nod::yes nod:

fingers crossed you find something you want to do when your ready. :thumbs up:

GCA3N
8th October 2009, 09:42 PM
Absolutely gutted for you dude hope things work out for you.

Gismo
9th October 2009, 12:55 AM
Can only hope something turns up for you, good luck

Delboy
9th October 2009, 08:40 AM
Sorry to hear this - hope you find a new job quickly.

In the meantime, it sounds like you are going to enjoy some time off - enjoy :thumbs up:.

Hamish
9th October 2009, 09:20 AM
thats bad news and wish you all the best... you're positive attitude impresses though and with that I'm sure you'll come out on top.

Fester
12th October 2009, 08:47 PM
Cheers guys, comments much appreciated, I'm in a very fortunate position that I do not have to worry about finances for the moment and I am confident i'll be back to work soon!!! In the meantime really enjoying the time off and spending time endulging in my hobby.