PDA

View Full Version : 1100 Miles Round trip this weekend

koolsville
7th October 2009, 05:00 PM
I'm off on an 1100 miles round trip in my MINI this weekend - me and the Mrs are off to Great Yarmouth for a break away from the kids.

This will be the furthest I taken the car since I bought it.

How do you find long journeys in the wee motor?

Craig
7th October 2009, 05:15 PM
we normally do a trip to MINI Mecca (aka Oxford) every year and it is about 800 mile round trip in 2 days and it's a breeze.:yes nod: It prob helps that we normally have about 20 MINI's round us to keep you entertained. :thumbs up:

euan
7th October 2009, 05:24 PM
I'm off on an 1100 miles round trip in my MINI this weekend - me and the Mrs are off to Great Yarmouth for a break away from the kids.

This will be the furthest I taken the car since I bought it.

I did a monster trip round France in mine, was totally fine though you do need to pack light :D

Gismo
7th October 2009, 05:31 PM
I used to attend a lot of MINI2 runs and i always had to do a round trip of 1,000 miles not including the run itself.

The MINI is more than capable on a long run, no tiredness at all

Sheilz
7th October 2009, 06:38 PM
I've done Nottingham and back with no overnight stop and it was manageable. Got home without my legs having seized up or anything. As long as you take regualr breaks the mini is fine.
I think it gets a bit monotonous and defo tiring when its on a daily basis. Yesterday I was at Bonnybridge, today Stirling, tomorrow north and east of Huntly. Friday's a dawdle out to Banchory. All these long road trips play havoc with the mph. Only got todays trip to Stirling via Arbroath out of a newly filled tank. Last two markers lit up when I got into Abz. Yesterday I got to Bonnybridge and a bit of a detour via the coast road home and then to Blairs but had only one bar left when I got home. I think I need to buy shares in an oil company!

stoney
7th October 2009, 06:50 PM
I have done loads of long trips in my mini and it's fine shoul be know prob just have to strech the old legs

AeroJonny
7th October 2009, 07:01 PM
we normally do a trip to MINI Mecca (aka Oxford) every year and it is about 800 mile round trip in 2 days and it's a breeze.:yes nod: It prob helps that we normally have about 20 MINI's round us to keep you entertained. :thumbs up:

I do a similar journey every couple of months and the car's fine for long cruises, just chill out, sit back and play i-spy :cool:

Forbes
7th October 2009, 10:32 PM
I have put on near on 4000 miles this summer on my MINI runs this summer and never complained once. Unlike in Dads Freelander when I can't last till Glasgow.

RyanK
7th October 2009, 10:38 PM
All will be well, I have done around 9k since June lol. England a few times and Edinburgh and the likes every other weekend, nice comfy little car to trek in. Furthest I have been is London, think it was a 1500 mile weekend as me and Ben were all over the place nosying about ha!

Forbes
7th October 2009, 10:41 PM
And our backs were fine. Including a 12hour stint to Northampton, traffic couldn't have been worse.

RyanK
7th October 2009, 10:42 PM
Lol 4 hours to get to edinburgh

Crombers
8th October 2009, 07:39 AM

Absolute doddle :yes nod:

s-a-l-t-i-r-e
11th October 2009, 03:36 PM
Just back from a trip to London and a few other places...1500miles.. Clubman handled it well, and that included being involved in a police chase on the motorway (not me they were chasing by the way)... :D

koolsville
13th October 2009, 08:03 PM
Got back yesterday and I have to say the drive was a treat in the MINI. handled the A1 with ease, while the Mrs took the wheel for the A66, I sat back and enjoyed the scenery.

Here the MINI outside our chalet at Hemsby.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/play-itcool/DSC00493.jpg

and this is a lowered pickup just along from us.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h220/play-itcool/DSC00499.jpg

talk about slammed to the deck.

Craig
13th October 2009, 09:09 PM
now that pickup is :cool::cool::cool:

Glad the trip went well.. :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
13th October 2009, 09:47 PM
now that pickup is :cool::cool::cool:

Glad the trip went well.. :thumbs up:

Aye, and it can even handle a Disco on the back.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

A.:D