PDA

View Full Version : Screen wash jets, modern mist spray style. Which to use???

Gaz-Muir
5th October 2009, 07:56 PM
For a while the Mini screen wash jets have been annoying me because they're the oldskool type where its just 2 jets of water out each one.

Newer cars have these jets that spray a nice fancy mist of water onto the windscreen, id like to fit a set.

I bought ones from Citroen as i knew some of them use them, however the jets from them arent big enough to even cover the hole that they fit into in the bonnet..

Anyone know which jets would fit the bonnet? Do R56 Minis have these mist style jets?

Me want some!!!

GCA3N
6th October 2009, 06:16 AM
R56 mini's just have normal jets similar to yours.

Livi
6th October 2009, 07:13 PM
mostly your Audi/VW use them

you need to use a certain fluid for them though

Scottie
6th October 2009, 07:17 PM
mostly your Audi/VW use them

you need to use a certain fluid for them though

no you don't

Livi
6th October 2009, 07:19 PM
no you don't

i stock 2 different types for no reason :rolleyes:

Scottie
6th October 2009, 07:25 PM
i stock 2 different types for no reason :rolleyes:

I've no idea why you stock two types but on my Touaregs, Audi and Jeeps you do not need a different screen wash and not one of the dealers or in any of the hand books did it say anything about a different screen wash well not that I read anyway but may have missed it.

euan
6th October 2009, 09:33 PM
People buy screen wash from dealers?

Gaz - I'm afraid I can't help but I'd be interested in the answer as well!

The Dogfather
6th October 2009, 09:43 PM
I'd be interested as well MINIs are crap at screen cleaning.

Incidentally, the TT doesn't have a mist spray thing either but it does have wipers that wipe.

L13ARG
6th October 2009, 09:46 PM
to back up the parts department You are meant to use different screen wash for the vag models . NO body does unless filled up at dealership . If you dont use the right stuff it does lead to problems in long run -washer jets blocking-pumps clogging up.

Bazthemod
6th October 2009, 09:56 PM
Our Qashqai has the mist spray, much more efficient!

The fluid acts as a descaler to stop them blocking up... our water is fairly decent here though so shouldn't cause too much fuss :cool:

Scottie
6th October 2009, 10:03 PM
we have looked in to this and have tried the VW and Jeep mist heads the problem we had was the washer heads did not have the right angle to hit the windscreen.

The 1 series ones don't fit either.