PDA

View Full Version : New car - and the reason

euan
5th October 2009, 12:41 PM
So, I recently sold this car:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1220/530002628_df4de47d4c.jpg

I loved that car. It would swallow up miles easily, entertain in the corners and was a great all rounder. And people say BMW handle - this thing teaches you how good the rear wheel drive chassis can be done right.

However, I've recently sold it and bought this:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2577/3983746532_297b3c36b6.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2670/3956422222_8928cbd40c.jpg

Which is an Audi A4 S line Quattro Special Edition - 220BHP and goes like stink!

But the reason we did it was this - meet Alasdair :D:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2531/3770269960_c326c699fb.jpg

GCA3N
5th October 2009, 01:14 PM
Cute bairn, nice wheels too.:thumbs up:

Gismo
5th October 2009, 01:49 PM
You kept that quiet, about 9 months in fact :lol:
Congrats to both of you :thumbs up:

euan
5th October 2009, 02:04 PM
You kept that quiet, about 9 months in fact :lol:
Congrats to both of you :thumbs up:

Technically, 11 months as he's 9 weeks now - I'm still getting over the shock!:D:D:D

GCA3N
5th October 2009, 02:45 PM
Technically, 11 months as he's 9 weeks now - I'm still getting over the shock!:D:D:D

This will be your first then.

Burple
5th October 2009, 03:00 PM
Nice one! Congrats!!

.....and for Alasdair too!! :D:p:laugh::laugh::thumbs up::thumbs up:

doogz__
5th October 2009, 03:38 PM
Congrats.

Newer version of that car than mine, you liking it then?

camjay
5th October 2009, 03:51 PM
Ahh! What a wee honey! Congratulations! Sleepless nights are tough....but they're worth it! :thumbs up:

PS the car's not bad either!

euan
5th October 2009, 04:31 PM
This will be your first then.

Does it show :D

He's awesome though, just the best thing. As for the sleepless nights, you forgive them anything when they smile back!

Congrats.

Newer version of that car than mine, you liking it then?

It's different to the BMW - that car was all about poise on the road whereas the Quattro takes a bit of getting used to. The grip is immense though, and the engine pulls really well. It's well toyed up as well, loving the speech recognition on the phone for voice dialling (and it's accurate too), and the BOSE is brilliant, if a little too much treble. Absolutley no distortion though. Overall, very pleased with it, hunted quite a while to get the right car.

doogz__
5th October 2009, 04:41 PM
Dude youre sounds much nicer than mine. Mine doesn't do phone, and i just have the boggo audi stereo.

There's loads of grip, but if you push on in the corners, you really notice how much it weighs!

Is yours the 3.0 as well? Or is yours the 3.2?

Scottie
5th October 2009, 05:49 PM
great news congrats to you both.:thumbs up:

nice car too.

euan
5th October 2009, 05:59 PM
Dude youre sounds much nicer than mine. Mine doesn't do phone, and i just have the boggo audi stereo.

There's loads of grip, but if you push on in the corners, you really notice how much it weighs!

Is yours the 3.0 as well? Or is yours the 3.2?

It's the 2.0 Turbo, but with the special edition it's up 20 BHP on standard, so 220BHP. Still getting 30+MPG out of it as well. It's the same engine from the Golf GTi, with some bits from the Edition 30 so I'm told.

The full spec:
Phantom black pearl paint
Black valcona leather with S line embossing
Heated front seats
GSM mobile phone prep
Interior light package
Privacy glass
Black roof rails
Inlays – piano lacquer
Acoustic parking aid – rear
Bose sound system
Cruise control
Ipod adapter

Delboy
5th October 2009, 08:14 PM
Congrats with the wee one :thumbs up:. Lovely Audi too, sounds like a great car :yes nod:.

AndyP & Lenore
5th October 2009, 08:32 PM
Congrats on the wee one and the car too.:thumbs up:

doogz__
5th October 2009, 10:39 PM
It's the 2.0 Turbo, but with the special edition it's up 20 BHP on standard, so 220BHP. Still getting 30+MPG out of it as well. It's the same engine from the Golf GTi, with some bits from the Edition 30 so I'm told.

The full spec:
Phantom black pearl paint
Black valcona leather with S line embossing
Heated front seats
GSM mobile phone prep
Interior light package
Privacy glass
Black roof rails
Inlays – piano lacquer
Acoustic parking aid – rear
Bose sound system
Cruise control
Ipod adapter

Ah right, i see. Mine is the 3.0 V6. 20mpg :(

Crombers
6th October 2009, 08:46 AM
Beautifull car, love the A4 Avant :clap:

Pic of the wee one has vanished !

euan
6th October 2009, 09:11 AM
Beautifull car, love the A4 Avant :clap:

Pic of the wee one has vanished !

Sorry, he's back now :D I'd reset a load of permissions on Flickr and blatted that by accident.

Thanks everyone for your nice wishes though, much appreciated!

zimbo
6th October 2009, 02:31 PM
Can only see pics of the Audi. very nice, I've always loved the A4 Avant.
Congrats on both new arrivals.

euan
6th October 2009, 03:12 PM
Should be working now!

MrMischief
6th October 2009, 09:33 PM
Congrats on the little one, enjoy the disturbed sleep :D

Our Luca has just passed 5 months old now...great fun at this stage, responding to you, laughing loads & rolling over - doesn't take long for them to become mobile :eek:

Nice spec on your Audi too, I looked at the A4 but didn't think there was enough room in the back or the boot on the Avant compared to the Passat. Good car though :cool:

Enjoy them both

audrey
6th October 2009, 10:32 PM
Congrats cute baby :thumbs up:

:cool: car

euan
7th October 2009, 11:37 AM
Congrats on the little one, enjoy the disturbed sleep :D

Our Luca has just passed 5 months old now...great fun at this stage, responding to you, laughing loads & rolling over - doesn't take long for them to become mobile :eek:

Nice spec on your Audi too, I looked at the A4 but didn't think there was enough room in the back or the boot on the Avant compared to the Passat. Good car though :cool:

Enjoy them both

Yeah, the Passat is the sensible choice but my wife thinks they are too big so we needed something she was comfortable driving as well. I actually wanted to get a Legacy Spec B, but that was too big for her as well, so it's a bit of a compromise. Plus, there was no stock ANYWHERE in the UK for one on the used market without massive miles.

He's already smiling and very chatty, not laughing yet though but loads of cooing. You can really start to see the personality coming out more every day. Can't wait till he starts laughing!

MrMischief
7th October 2009, 10:35 PM
Yeah, the Passat is the sensible choice but my wife thinks they are too big so we needed something she was comfortable driving as well. I actually wanted to get a Legacy Spec B, but that was too big for her as well, so it's a bit of a compromise. Plus, there was no stock ANYWHERE in the UK for one on the used market without massive miles.

He's already smiling and very chatty, not laughing yet though but loads of cooing. You can really start to see the personality coming out more every day. Can't wait till he starts laughing!

You're right, it's amazing how their personality develops & shines through. Great fun...best thing (if I can get away with describing the wee man as a 'thing') I've ever done :D

I had a nosy round a Legacy Spec B at AutoEcosse in Broughty Ferry just after I'd bought the Passat. I thought about taking it for a spin as it looks pretty tidy, but would've been too much hassle for me at that stage to trade in again if I'd liked it :Whistle: Maybe next time...

euan
8th October 2009, 09:37 AM
You're right, it's amazing how their personality develops & shines through. Great fun...best thing (if I can get away with describing the wee man as a 'thing') I've ever done :D

I had a nosy round a Legacy Spec B at AutoEcosse in Broughty Ferry just after I'd bought the Passat. I thought about taking it for a spin as it looks pretty tidy, but would've been too much hassle for me at that stage to trade in again if I'd liked it :Whistle: Maybe next time...

The Spec B is just so well equipped, you just don't need to add anything to them spec wise, and a bit of a used bargain (though the real bargain is the 2.5 ;)), and it's enormous! Crap stereo though, like really, really bad. Nice drive, and a good choice for a family workhorse. The diesel is pretty good too, though it sounds and drives a tad agricultural!

And I know what you mean with the "thing" comment! Alasdair is now beginning to get into a better pattern with sleep and eating, so we can plan our days a lot better now. He's great in the morning, and grumpy as anything in the evening when he can't work out he's tired. Still, he likes his evening cuddles before bed, which are always good :D:D:D