PDA

View Full Version : Fitting Child Seats in a Clubman

popscorcher
5th October 2009, 10:14 AM
Hi there,

Daughter is in process of buying a 57 plate Clubman and is looking for any comments re suitablity of the various makes / models of seats for a 3-year old child.

Has any body out there been through this process and have any comments ?

Thanks

Pops

GCA3N
5th October 2009, 10:53 AM
Take your car to halfords, they will let you try out their models and then you can select one that fits the best.

euan
5th October 2009, 12:23 PM
Take your car to halfords, they will let you try out their models and then you can select one that fits the best.

Likewise John Lewis and Mothercare.

I don't, but our friends have a maxi cosi but it's on the front seat (airbag off, obviously) as the buggy takes up all the space in the back.

camjay
5th October 2009, 01:02 PM
I have a Britax car seat, but also used to have a Maxi Cosi (my previous child and my previous mini)! Mothercare fitted it for me. I found it a bit difficult
though to find a seat that I liked that actually fitted!

Good luck, it aint easy getting a child in and out of a mini. That's dedication for you LOL!

Delboy
5th October 2009, 02:08 PM
I have a 5-year old and couldn't get his old Britax seat into the back of my Clubman - the base was too wide to fit between the interior side panel and the seat belt socket (which is rigidly fixed in position). This will be your biggest issue so you will need to try out various types of seat prior to buying as per the messages above.

leighj
14th October 2009, 10:28 PM
iv noticed a bit about car seat/prams on the mini2 forum

so you could maybe try there if you haven't already seen about it :)