PDA

View Full Version : Reaaaally P****D off!!

Fartin Martin
3rd October 2009, 02:13 AM
Is it just me, or is anyone else getting really really REALLY F****D off with glasgow roads???

Only just put my new wheels on last week that cost a good few hundred sheets and less than a week later..Bang..rail right in it!!:ragin::ragin::ragin::ragin::ragin:

and I am sick of constantly trying to avoid not only potholes, but actual trenches in the road!!!!!

raaaaaaaagh!!!..just dropped my mate off there and was driving home and got soooo angry..I started shouting abuse at the roads!!

remind me again whyyy exactly are you and I paying road tax????:confused::confused:..cos it ain't goin towards road maintenance thats for sure!!..instead the wee road guys are doin a fine job on the Erskine Bridge..which may I add the last time I nipped up there..there were nae potholes etc for this to be needing done!!

Rant over..I think!..cheers for listening!:D..feel abit better now!:thumbs up:

camjay
3rd October 2009, 08:27 AM
Ditto. Drive around as part of my job (actually cover your area). Just had to get 2 new tyres yesterday!! If its not potholes its bloody speedbumps!!! :ragin:

GCA3N
3rd October 2009, 08:55 AM
I put a post up about this a wee while ago because some one had the same issue. I told them to take a picture of the pot hole and send it in with a receipt for the new tyre (recorded delivery) to the raods department of the council responsible. A couple of months later they got a cheque in the post.
I done this too and also got a new tyre out of it.
Until everyone does this then the councils will get away wih it. Oh by the way you should see the Arran roads, they have got so bad that some of the main roads around the island have been declassified to C class roads. Anyway hope that helps, you will get the money eventually. And if it is too dangerous to revisit the pothole in question I am sure that you could find another offending hole to take a picture of.

illegalhunter
3rd October 2009, 09:16 AM
Go back and take picture of the pothole , make sure there is a land mark in the picture .Then call the council and get a claim forem . I got £575 from Renfrewshire council for one of the 19" alloys off my Type R . It took 4 months to get the cash tho.

Stewart
3rd October 2009, 01:49 PM
Hit one last night:argh:, late on just before going over the Kingston bridge, I was only going mid twenty’s so no damage I think and I’m thankfully on 16” Runflat. You feel it and cringe at the sound. I’d hate to be on more expensive low profile wheels.

Its not really my tyre but suspension that I’m always annoyed about when I hit a pothole. Basically the council in Glasgow should have a task force doing the roads.

I sent an email being pissed off to the Road department and local MP, saying try getting the roads sorted before spending any more money on this 2012 games, or fancy lighting around buildings.

You get to the stage your driving looking at the road surface and that cant be good for safety.

But take it as far as you can.

We had a team doing that blooming Red strip to say your going into a 20 zone, I'd rather they spent there time fixing the roads.

It was great to drive up North on the TWR on good roads for a change, Glasgow is such a mess.

Fartin Martin
3rd October 2009, 07:08 PM
Ditto. Drive around as part of my job (actually cover your area). Just had to get 2 new tyres yesterday!! If its not potholes its bloody speedbumps!!! :ragin:

aw do you..what is it you do??

Fartin Martin
3rd October 2009, 07:11 PM
I put a post up about this a wee while ago because some one had the same issue. I told them to take a picture of the pot hole and send it in with a receipt for the new tyre (recorded delivery) to the raods department of the council responsible. A couple of months later they got a cheque in the post.
Until everyone does this then the councils will get away wih it. Oh by the way you should see the Arran roads, they have got so bad that some of the main roads around the island have been declassified to C class roads. Anyway hope that helps, you will get the money eventually. And if it is too dangerous to revisit the pothole in question I am sure that you could find another offending hole to take a picture of.

I did not know that!!..hmmm..i'll give that bash, cheers guys!!:D

Ivano
3rd October 2009, 10:33 PM
I have snapped Suspension Drop Links in the past with hitting huge potholes..

It is very frustrating the condition of the roads. Renfrewshire is really bad too :ragin::ragin:

AndyP & Lenore
4th October 2009, 12:37 PM

Not always the case:ragin:. Scottish Borders Council do everything they can to prevent a pay out. We had a similar incident where we buckled a wheel and threw our alignment out - repair bill: £700. Council refused to pay out on the basis that they surveyed the road 2 weeks earlier and found no fault, and the only report they had received regarding the pot hole we hit came in 30 mins before we hit it, therefore they can't be responsible for it that quickly. All complete bollocks, I know, but I even had my solicitor involved and their insurance company and after a year of legal wrangling, they refused to pay out and basically told us to challenge it in court if we felt they were wrong. Cinema is busy but their pockets are still deeper than mine.:frown:

A.:frown:

Forbes
4th October 2009, 12:39 PM
It is the same in ABerdeen they refused to pay out last year After I mashed one of my Zito alloys. Not sure what the word is this year. But the roads are still in very very poor condition before winter properly kicks in. Can only get worse

GCA3N
4th October 2009, 05:39 PM
Not always the case:ragin:. Scottish Borders Council do everything they can to prevent a pay out. We had a similar incident where we buckled a wheel and threw our alignment out - repair bill: £700. Council refused to pay out on the basis that they surveyed the road 2 weeks earlier and found no fault, and the only report they had received regarding the pot hole we hit came in 30 mins before we hit it, therefore they can't be responsible for it that quickly. All complete bollocks, I know, but I even had my solicitor involved and their insurance company and after a year of legal wrangling, they refused to pay out and basically told us to challenge it in court if we felt they were wrong. Cinema is busy but their pockets are still deeper than mine.:frown:

A.:frown:

Did not know that, here is an idea then get some folks you know to complain about it prior to you putting your complaint in. This way the council will have had numerous complaints prior to yours. All seems like alot of effort though.

Ally S
4th October 2009, 06:53 PM
they are resurfacing a lot of roads just now. Erskine bridge (which is a pain for me to get home), motorway just after the bridge too which they do roadworks on 10 times a year! and a few roads in Erskine itself.

The worst roads i've seen are in Bearsden. Its taken a while but i've now managed to navigate a route through all the bumps and holes.

You would think that they could avoid putting those drain/water vents in the middle of the roads (they always sink after a while)

camjay
5th October 2009, 12:58 PM
aw do you..what is it you do??

District Nurse!

Delboy
5th October 2009, 02:16 PM
I've also successfully claimed Glasgow District Council for damage to wheels after hitting potholes. Photos of wheel/tyre damage and the pothole in question will be essential. They normally settle on a proportion of the cost, e.g. 75/25, as they say there was blame on both sides as you should be driving more carefully and watching our for holes in the road and such like :frown:.

I've heard it said that it is more cost effective to pay out on claims than repair the roads.........:argh:

Fartin Martin
5th October 2009, 02:23 PM
they are resurfacing a lot of roads just now. Erskine bridge (which is a pain for me to get home), motorway just after the bridge too which they do roadworks on 10 times a year! and a few roads in Erskine itself.

The worst roads i've seen are in Bearsden. Its taken a while but i've now managed to navigate a route through all the bumps and holes.

You would think that they could avoid putting those drain/water vents in the middle of the roads (they always sink after a while)

I HATE drivin through bearsden!!..its brutal!! i drive through it sometimes on a daily basis..a few mates stay in Cbank, and start to dread it now lol

bry_mini
5th October 2009, 04:37 PM
Those speed bumps round your way are horrible!!!! They are big!!! And either side of them are sinking making them bigger!! front bumper scrapes almost all of them.....aaaargh! :ragin::ragin::ragin: :argh: