PDA

View Full Version : Just Sold The Car

alymac
30th September 2009, 11:19 AM
Hi all, as above just sold the car,funnily enough though it was bought by a main dealer who saw my ad in autotrader :D very easy to deal with and a nice guy, there coming to take it away tomorrow or friday, i will definately miss the car but for those of you over in the east there will be a belter of a jcw heading your way, they are hoping to have it in the showroom asap :thumbs up:

Forbes
30th September 2009, 11:26 AM
Who is buying it? What's the replacement?

alymac
30th September 2009, 02:41 PM
Who is buying it? What's the replacement?

Dont know what to do about a replacement yet, probably will sit tight and just keep an eye on pistonheads etc to see if anything catches my attention, quite fancy going back to an X5 or something similar but i will wait and see.

My car was bought by peter vardy mini, out the blue got a phonecall yesterday about my ad in autotrader and the guy came today and is coming back for the car tomorrow or friday, he said they were looking for young stock, i done better than i expected from a dealer so overall i`m fairly pleased and someone over in their neck of the woods will get a belter of a jcw, just waiting now to see it on their mini cherished section

ianking
30th September 2009, 02:44 PM
Did you remove the extra JCW stuff you bought for it or has it been left on.

Did you not like the car as you never kept it long?

alymac
30th September 2009, 08:06 PM
Hi ian, i left all the extra bits on it, they made me what i thought was a fair offer for the car as it sat & over that they are paying for the cherished number transfer, all in i am quite happy, i still have some original bits for it which i will probably bunch together and stick on e-bay or something.

As for why, i loved the car to bits but i also like to change them fairly often, i`m never happy :D it drives the wife mad and the downside is that i have in the past and probably will again lose money on cars, they are my vice unfortunately :argh:

Let the search commence...:thumbs up:

Crombers
1st October 2009, 11:32 AM
an X5 or something similar

Bit of a change from a R56 JCW :confused:

alymac
1st October 2009, 04:02 PM
Bit of a change from a R56 JCW :confused:

Hi there, i know what you mean but up until i bought the mini i have always had bigger cars, i currently have a cls merc which my wife drives but wanted to try something different so i got the mini as a second car and i really liked it but as i said earlier i`m never happy as far as cars go and the x5 stands out as one of the best cars that i`ve owned so far hence why i would quite like to go look at the new ones... we will see what happens :D

Cheers:thumbs up:

KenL
1st October 2009, 06:44 PM
As for why, i loved the car to bits but i also like to change them fairly often,

...but to an X5 :frown:

How about something good like a 3-series coupe, 135 coupe, white Scirroco 2.0T, Golf GTI etc.?

alymac
1st October 2009, 08:01 PM
...but to an X5 :frown:

How about something good like a 3-series coupe, 135 coupe, white Scirroco 2.0T, Golf GTI etc.?

They are all nice cars but all possibly a bit on the small side again, now a 535d sport and we could be getting somewhere :D strangely enough i quite like the 3- series sport touring aswell :hand: don`t know though, i`m going to try and not jump into something straight away, could be difficult times ahead..:lol:

Stewart
1st October 2009, 09:06 PM
You remind me of my mate, Changes his cars every few months. At one point he had a new Range Rover that the Seats cost more than my whole car, A M3 convertible and a White Cooper S with all the options that was bought for his wife and she drove once and got a fright and its been turned over and short trips garaged since. He got rid of the M3 and got a Saab Convertible that cost him £32K and eighteen months later was worth 17K.

Known him all my life and he’s had hundreds of cars and that’s not an exaggeration, he enjoys his cars but its blooming an expensive hobby. Good luck on your search.

Found your pictures of your car and its stunning, probably the Mini I would have. just dont tell the wee sole in the pic below.

alymac
1st October 2009, 11:25 PM
Thanks very much:thumbs up: i am fairly keen to see the car on their site once they get organised, its getting collected from me tomorrow. Out of interest i phoned the dealer that sold me the car to run the figures past him and he thought that i done really well aswell so i was happy with that, i kind of hope now that a fellow petrolhead buys the car when they put it on sale, they will definately get a good one thats for sure.

Cheers:thumbs up:

BigStuff
2nd October 2009, 09:23 AM
http://www.petervardymini.co.uk/used_mini/current_stock.html?gc=0150

Looks like they've priced it but not put piccies up yet.