PDA

View Full Version : Self Googling

Willie M
26th May 2004, 03:42 PM
Read and article in the paper recently about 'self googling'. Basically means looking up your own name on Google and seeing what results you get.

Discovered that I have a restaurant in Memphis :approve:, breed Rough Collies down in Ayrshire, played cricket for South Australia between 1877-78 :eek: and owned a chemists shop in Pollockshaws road in the early 1900's. The real me appears in some Mini Clan related stuff.

Go on, have a go ;)

Big Gordy
26th May 2004, 04:13 PM
Seems I'm one of Britains best organists (stop tittering Col and l-n-l) an Emeritus Professor of Public Health and a web designer from London :p:D:approve:

Fontal
26th May 2004, 04:33 PM
I seem to be a master sience manny and a super athelete:I:clown:

Big Col
26th May 2004, 05:14 PM
First page I get says:

"Colin Wilson is a thinker who, perhaps more so than any other writer working today, embodies the true spirit of what is called the "Renaissance man"

GAJ
26th May 2004, 05:44 PM
I am an Associate Professor of Music at Northern Kentucky University; a really bad 'artist' from Penn Yan, New York (topless Kate Moss, anyone?) and an RV (which I believe is American for caravan!) salesman employing my handsome sons, Aaron and Kirk, with the catchy strapline - 'imagine what you can see in a Gary Johnston's RV!' I think they mean 'from' rather than 'in' unless they are really into faux wood formica and orange and brown draylon!
http://www.garyjrv.com/images/left_top.JPG

I am also dead, and commemorated by the 'Gary Johnston Memorial Bluebonnet Tour...where Triumphs, MGs and lesser cars go on a run featuring the painted churches of Fayette County':I

duncan
26th May 2004, 05:44 PM
I did this a few years ago, and found my name in a (fiction) book.
I E-mailed the Author in the US, and asked them why they chose my name for the character, and recieved a very nice e-mail back explaining their reasons.

I'm also Sports Person of the Year for Miami State High School (1980), and a Sous Chef in a Top New Zealand Resturant :)

Heather
26th May 2004, 05:49 PM
well....i have an assistant privacy minister or canada and a country music singer as my name sakes:eek:

Wul
26th May 2004, 05:51 PM
After you get past all the Seann William Scott (Stiffler from American Pie) sites.....

William Scott. Associate Professor of Chemistry BS, Bates College Ph.D., University of California :D
and
William Scott [British Abstract Expressionist Painter, 1913-1989]

i'll go get me brushes! :p

or even better type: meguiars mini uk

And see what the second links takes you to! :p

Steve74
26th May 2004, 07:49 PM
Famous Hollywood Film producer and renowned Astronomer!! ;)

Starky
26th May 2004, 08:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Read and article in the paper recently about 'self googling'. Basically means looking up your own name on Google and seeing what results you get.

Discovered that I have a restaurant in Memphis :approve:, breed Rough Collies down in Ayrshire, played cricket for South Australia between 1877-78 :eek: and owned a chemists shop in Pollockshaws road in the early 1900's. The real me appears in some Mini Clan related stuff.

Go on, have a go ;)

Famous soldier in, wait for it....New England RANGERS Ya beauty.:D:D:D

Burple
26th May 2004, 10:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col
First page I get says:
"Colin Wilson is a stinker who, perhaps more so than any other writer working today, embodies the true spirit of what is called the "Pure mad Pi$hed up rocket man!"

Hey... cool..... :D:D

Burple
26th May 2004, 10:22 PM
ok.... So I'm:

- a lapsed film student who lives in Wellington, New Zealand and loves going to movies, whether good or bad,

- work for HEACF Student Volunteering Awards at CRAC (Eh???:I:I:question:) - Careers Research Advisory Centre before Col or Gordy Or Bri get here!!! ;)

- do some sort of dialogue editing for an computerised RPG, aka 'Tailrace Dragon' wtf?? ..Geek!!!

- Or the real me which is on the Dundee Uni website - and that page is ooooooh... only 2 and a half years out of date!!! - quite scary that that one is as far up as number 11 on the list!!

-ummm sonething in Dutch??? :question::I;)

and <ahem> a character in a book called 'Criminals'.... Hmmm.... ;)

Bazthemod
27th May 2004, 12:41 AM
I can't find anyone else but me!! :eek::cool:

broken_brian
27th May 2004, 01:12 AM
a famous singer (for those old enough remember the beach boys)

a peace activist

a politician :(

a professor of laser biophysics :cool:

and an artist :)

Heather
27th May 2004, 03:04 AM
quote:Originally posted by Wul

or even better type: meguiars mini uk

And see what the second links takes you to! :p

corporate hussy!:D

Julz
27th May 2004, 06:26 AM
Well, I'm a championship skier, in the age group of 7-8!!
I'm also a vice president of some fancy computer engineering thingy, I also had two children in one year, both of which were taken from me and then I died of cancer!!:eek::(

Steve74
27th May 2004, 05:52 PM
I quote:

"Kind of like you had two pencils in your belly wall coming from your pelvis up to either side of your navel and they can move up and down," explained Steve Reilly, associate professor of biological sciences at Ohio University and lead author of the study.

That man's a freak :eek:

Linda M
28th May 2004, 10:20 PM
I've got a PHD, M.A and B.A. I get called professor and Doctor........COOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :D

Willie M
29th May 2004, 12:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by Linda M

I've got a PHD, M.A and B.A. I get called professor and Doctor........COOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :D
B.A.?? Yep, you've got a Bad Attitude, that's for sure ;);):D

Astrohaggis
29th May 2004, 07:29 PM
a family doctor (how weird is that?!) in California! :cool:

a 22 year old Australian playing golf at the University of Hawaii.

the first elected Mayor of Charlotte,USA (1935-41) and got an airport built.

set up the Middletown Mansfields Baseball Club in the 1860s.

died in 1999 and there are a lot of poems on my eulogy.