PDA

View Full Version : Back Box Corrosioin

Fartin Martin
28th September 2009, 03:10 PM
I've noticed recently that my back box is corroded quite badly, not only on mine but other mini's i have seen

was thinkin of replacing it either with a new standard one or aftermarket, to give it a wee groan!:p..any suggestions on what I should get and prices i should excpect to pay?

cheers!:D

ianking
28th September 2009, 03:24 PM
to be fair the back box on the r50 is made up of a double skin and its normally just the outer skin that corrodes. The bracket corrodes badly but you can get a new one for about £20 and its easy to fit.

However if you go aftermarket then 'playmini' seems to be the exhaust of choice.

Just noticed on your avatar that you have put 'midnight black' but I think your car will either be 'solid black' or 'astro black' as midnight just came out about 2 months ago.

Astro is metalic and has an obvious blue and green flake in it. Solid is solid and is non met.

Fartin Martin
28th September 2009, 03:35 PM
to be fair the back box on the r50 is made up of a double skin and its normally just the outer skin that corrodes. The bracket corrodes badly but you can get a new one for about £20 and its easy to fit.

However if you go aftermarket then 'playmini' seems to be the exhaust of choice.

Just noticed on your avatar that you have put 'midnight black' but I think your car will either be 'solid black' or 'astro black' as midnight just came out about 2 months ago.

Astro is metalic and has an obvious blue and green flake in it. Solid is solid and is non met.

oh right..i see!..I'll check that out!;) cheers mate

well see thats what I thought, but I was told this from arnold clark..and a friend of mine who has the same colour as me was told the same!..so now i really dont know wat colour my car is!!l:lol:..its a funny black..can look almost bluish some times?..any ideas?

Big Gordy
28th September 2009, 04:13 PM
i really dont know wat colour my car is!!l:lol:..its a funny black..can look almost bluish some times?..any ideas?

Astro is metalic and has an obvious blue and green flake in it

:Whistle:

Fartin Martin
28th September 2009, 04:32 PM
:Whistle:

lol..Oops..never read that part properly!!..apologies!!

Craig
28th September 2009, 04:51 PM
yeah playmini all the way. It's stainless steel so won't rot and is great looking and sounds the doggies walapers... :thumbs up:

EDIT: also price is about £250 for the back box and unsilenced front pipe. You can buy from Playmini (the company) or P & L Mini is where I bought mine from.

Crombers
29th September 2009, 11:37 AM
Yup, 'Playmini' all the way :thumbs up:

Fartin Martin
30th September 2009, 12:39 AM
yeah playmini all the way. It's stainless steel so won't rot and is great looking and sounds the doggies walapers... :thumbs up:

EDIT: also price is about £250 for the back box and unsilenced front pipe. You can buy from Playmini (the company) or P & L Mini is where I bought mine from.

Yup, 'Playmini' all the way :thumbs up:

Cheers guys..had a quick look the other night but never really had time to pay much attention, but i'll let you know how i get on!:D

cheers

martin

Fartin Martin
30th September 2009, 12:14 PM
Had a better look last night and had a search on youtube for a vid and I think its what i'm looking for, but is there anyone who stays near me that maybe wouldn't mind meeting up with me and letting me hear it in person?..cos i've only ever seen one mini with an exhaust fitted! lol..but it ws abit loud TBH lol

cheers

:D

Forbes
30th September 2009, 12:20 PM
Had a better look last night and had a search on youtube for a vid and I think its what i'm looking for, but is there anyone who stays near me that maybe wouldn't mind meeting up with me and letting me hear it in person?..cos i've only ever seen one mini with an exhaust fitted! lol..but it ws abit loud TBH lol

cheers

:D

http://pikespeakparentnews.freedomblogging.com/files/2008/06/too-loud-for-kids.jpg

KenL
3rd October 2009, 10:33 AM
l..its a funny black..can look almost bluish some times?..any ideas?

That is Astro Black - same as I have.

bry_mini
11th October 2009, 08:58 PM
if you replace your exhaust the playmini catback is well worth the doe!