PDA

View Full Version : Orange to stock iphone 3GS

The Dogfather
28th September 2009, 10:50 AM
For those of you who haven't seen the news the best 3G device will soon be available on the network with the best 3G coverage :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8278073.stm

Bazthemod
28th September 2009, 10:59 AM
Pricing will be interesting ;)

TheDoctor46
28th September 2009, 12:25 PM
I wish they could give more info on when this will happen as i'm about to get the phone on my O2 upgrade next week!!! :argh:
Mind you, saying that, i get a totally SH*TE reception with Orange when i'm in my house so may just stick with O2???

Stewart
28th September 2009, 12:31 PM
I got my free upgrade in june on 3. Got a free Nokia E63 that is nice phone but has its problems. But its an I-phone next.
Reception on 3 has never been a problem.
By the time my contract is up there should be better deals.

TheDoctor46
28th September 2009, 12:40 PM
Actually, having just thought about it, i'm gonna stay with O2 :thumbs up:
All the time i have been with them i've never had a problem, and if i ever had to phone them for a query they were always very helpful :thumbs up:
Just phoned them actually and i can get my Iphone from today!!! :smilewinkgrin:

euan
28th September 2009, 12:52 PM
I've always held off for a variety of reasons, cost being a big one, so I'll be interested to see what kind of deals they give to existing customers. My guess would be very little! If it's a direct like for like deal with O2 then I won't be bothering.

GAJ
28th September 2009, 02:28 PM
I've been holding off too, due to cost. I don't expect Orange will be in a position to offer radically better deals than o2 due to the cut that Apple take. This article is quite interesting - http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/apples_iphone_not_profitable_for_carriers.php
I hope to be proved wrong though!

Andrew
28th September 2009, 04:26 PM
Pricing will be interesting ;)

What will be interesting with pricing will be data usage. Data limits similar to O2's unlimited data would have to be included. For me one of the biggest attractions of the iphone is the internet access. As far as I am aware Orange limit this to 500mb at the moment.

Smitty
29th September 2009, 01:45 PM
Add Vodaphone to the list too. Hopefully there is no secret handshake between the 3 operators, and there will actually be a bit of competition to drive down price! :D

euan
29th September 2009, 03:53 PM
Add Vodaphone to the list too. Hopefully there is no secret handshake between the 3 operators, and there will actually be a bit of competition to drive down price! :D

Interesting that Vodafone are saying it's to be used to give to existing customers, so should mean some good deals with them. Hopefully Orange will follow suit.

Smitty
29th September 2009, 09:59 PM
Interesting that Vodafone are saying it's to be used to give to existing customers, so should mean some good deals with them. Hopefully Orange will follow suit.

Interesting - that should really mean a drive down in iPhone prices.

I don't want to leave O2 - i'm really happy with them. But I just wouldn't mind my next upgrade being a bit cheaper - both for the handset and the tariff! :yes nod: