PDA

View Full Version : MPG Marathon

euan
25th September 2009, 09:31 AM
So I was looking at the website for this years MPG Marathon and reviewing last years results and came across two interesting results.

One, that you can get 30MPG out of a Corvette(!) but that they managed to get 50MPG from a Cooper works!

http://www.mpgmarathon.com/results2008.pdf

The reason I was looking btw is that Ford have decided to enter a Focus RS with the aim to get 35MPG from it...

GCA3N
25th September 2009, 03:46 PM
Loads of folks get 50+ from the R56 cooper S. Well loads of grannies.
I tried it once nearly fell asleep at the wheel twice, but did get 51 MPG on 70 mile journey.

TheDoctor46
25th September 2009, 06:10 PM
I got 50mpg in my R53 MCS............................................... .............

Then i woke up and realised it was just a bad dream!!!!!:lol::lol:

The Dogfather
25th September 2009, 11:05 PM
I got 47.8 over 37 miles in my blue Clubman S

GCA3N
26th September 2009, 06:12 AM

certainly was'nt when i was trying to keep up with you;)

euan
26th September 2009, 08:14 AM
It's all on back roads, so no motorway runs and the roads they are on demand to be driven properly - I know I don't have the concentration or self control!

Sheilz
26th September 2009, 08:34 AM

Have you changed your clubman?

GCA3N
26th September 2009, 09:26 AM
Have you changed your clubman?

never even spotted that.

The Dogfather
26th September 2009, 11:34 AM
No I had a blue one before the white one but it was rejected after two engine rebuilds and a brand new engine

GCA3N
26th September 2009, 12:56 PM
No I had a blue one before the white one but it was rejected after two engine rebuilds and a brand new engine

oh dear:frown:

illegalhunter
26th September 2009, 07:45 PM
want is the average for a R56S as iam close to buying another one?

Craig
26th September 2009, 08:07 PM

your just trying to get out of that old farts motor john... :lol:

It all depends how you drive it... If I remember you like to drive your cars hard, so I would say on average you'll get mid to high 30's with motorway traffic. If your giving it the beans, you could get it down to low 30;s.

I managed mostly 40mpg all the time with my mixed driving. :yes nod:

GCA3N
27th September 2009, 06:21 AM

I get 36 mpg over a month period but i don't do any motor way, or atleast very little in that time, like craig says I think if you fairly easy on the accelerator you'll easily get 38-42mpg, push it a bit and it's 33-36. What i would say is though even in a month where it gets driven, "energetically" still get 32-33, not bad i think. my mate just took delivery of a VXR8 (6.2 V8) and he gets 8-14mpg:eek: oouch!

illegalhunter
27th September 2009, 08:48 AM
Well not quite Craig but thinking of a change again, could just be a cooper D tho

Sheilz
29th September 2009, 02:10 PM
I got good mileage on Sunday. Left Abz with car telling me I'd 105 miles to go before needing to fuel up. I drove to Lunan via the coast road and when I got there car told me I still had over 80 miles of driving to do, I think it was between 83 - 85. Was well impressed since the journey is over 42 miles. Was a bit embarrassing though driving like an old granny and being overtaken by the flat cap brigade. LOL
I haven't a clue what that means in mileage but its the longest one bar on the petrol guage has ever lasted. I couldn't drive like that all the time though, would do my nut in.

illegalhunter
30th September 2009, 10:57 AM
Sheliz what you getting from a tank full of fuel ?

Sheilz
30th September 2009, 02:23 PM
To be honest I'm not entirely sure. My average mileage thingy is now at 40.3. Slowly creeping up but no doubt will go down again after some trips to Bonnybridge, Stirling and possibly Lockerbie next week.

Craig
30th September 2009, 04:54 PM
To be honest I'm not entirely sure. My average mileage thingy is now at 40.3. Slowly creeping up but no doubt will go down again after some trips to Bonnybridge, Stirling and possibly Lockerbie next week.

I stay about 2 miles from B/Bridge and work in Stirling so I will keep an eye out for you and Dougall. :thumbs up:

ianking
30th September 2009, 05:04 PM
When I had my R56 s I was working for Borders Council and I used to drive down A roads everyday going through the local towns. I like to give some beans. From memory I think I got on average 42mpg.

With my R56 JCW I am just doing short journeys now and average 33mpg.

Sheilz
30th September 2009, 05:38 PM
I stay about 2 miles from B/Bridge and work in Stirling so I will keep an eye out for you and Dougall. :thumbs up:

I never see anyone when I'm out and about. Have to do quite a few regular trips to BB and now also going to be adding LAW to my repertoire of places I've no choice but to go to. Just seem to get one lot of kids back into the area and the process starts all over again. Being paid to drive a mini though is not so bad is it :thumbs up: