PDA

View Full Version : Whats achievable?

Mini_Disaster
23rd September 2009, 09:16 PM
If buying a brand new coop S, what sort of discount should we be able to haggle, or are they going to hit me with 'sorry, mini's arn't discounted'!!?

Ive never bought brand new before, always buy used so not clued up in this department. Anyone care to share their experiences?

Think were going to place an order at the weekend, maybe....possibly.:yes nod:

Bazthemod
23rd September 2009, 09:31 PM
When i bought my new Cooper last year i got around £1500 off in the end... but those were bleak times for dealers lol i think its a bit brighter for dealers these days and im not so sure discount will be so easy.

Your probably unlikely to get discounts but make sure if you are taking finance you get as low an APR etc as possible. That is something they probably can/will budge on.

GCA3N
23rd September 2009, 09:52 PM
Baz is right on both parts there get a low as possible apr. You might not get much discount but you should be able to haggle on extras. Wee tip though buy at the end of the month about 4 days before. That way they may be wanting to make targets and will give you a better deal. Also don't go in saying I want a new car, don't be too keen, even to the point where they think they are talking you into buying a new car. Last tip if the deal is not right walk away tell the dealership you are going to shop around. Even play a couple of dealers against each other. It will take a bit of work but remember the ball in firmly in your court you hold the cards. Hope this helps.

KenL
24th September 2009, 08:01 AM
If you are not too fussy on spec, consider a pre-built car that a dealer may have in the showroom or in stock somewhere.

antihero3000
24th September 2009, 08:57 AM
Definately deals to be had just now if you're a serious buyer. I got a text last week promoting the 59 plate offers from my local dealer.

ianking
24th September 2009, 09:04 AM
You should be able to get £500 at the moment on a cooper S but I think that finishes at the end of this month.

Gismo
24th September 2009, 09:19 AM
If you are not too fussy on spec, consider a pre-built car that a dealer may have in the showroom or in stock somewhere.I agree with Ken :eek: having bought too many brand new cars the loss driving out the dealer's yard is hard to take, unless you intend keeping the car for along time, then, as everyone has said, good luck :thumbs up:

Kren__
24th September 2009, 12:50 PM
I managed to haggle about a grand off the price of my Cooper S plus the salesman managed to get me about £700 over the book price for my trade in. Which was nice! :D That was at the beginning of the month with John Clark in Aberdeen who are notorious for refusing discounts.

But I did buy right off the showroom floor. The upside is that it wasn't registered and was only built in August so it hadn't been sitting around for long.

I think if you're ordering it will be more difficult to get big discounts. But they can still be had if you make it clear you're a serious buyer and ready to do a deal that day if the price is right.

KenL
24th September 2009, 09:12 PM
I agree with Ken :eek:

Coming round to my way of thinking :thumbs up:

N12 JLK
24th September 2009, 09:24 PM
If you are not too fussy on spec, consider a pre-built car that a dealer may have in the showroom or in stock somewhere.

I can vouch for that, we got a good deal on a showroom car.