PDA

View Full Version : Viper Stripes - How WIde?

koolsville
23rd September 2009, 09:44 AM
How wide are your viper stripes? I'm about to get some cut by a signmaker friend and I've seen Vipers listed as 150mm wide, that seems a bit narrow to my mind.

Forbes
23rd September 2009, 10:24 AM
But 2 together will be at least 320mm (gap in the middle) that is reasonably wide I would say.

koolsville
23rd September 2009, 11:16 AM
My plan is Gold vipers with a gap the width of the bonnet badge. 150mm is probably OK after I thought about it.

... also, how much more BHP can I expect?

Forbes
23rd September 2009, 11:54 AM
My plan is Gold vipers with a gap the width of the bonnet badge. 150mm is probably OK after I thought about it.

Please don't, leave the gap the width of the circle in the Mini badge. See Baz's cars. Any wider is too far apart imo

Will they have silver stars on the vipers:laugh:

Kren__
23rd September 2009, 12:10 PM

Gotta be at least 25bhp, if you squint your eyes... :D

Bazthemod
23rd September 2009, 12:12 PM
Yeah don't leave the gap that wide it looks awful... IMHO :p

koolsville
23rd September 2009, 12:41 PM
I've a good root around t'internet and most MINI's with Viper stripes go for the full badge gap, however, the narrower gap is more in line with the origins of the trend "Cunningham Stripes" according to wikipedia.

So, narrow gap it is... and no sparkly stars.

Bazthemod
23rd September 2009, 05:21 PM
Officially the narrow gapped stripes are called sport stripes and the wider gapped stripes are vipers :thumbs up:

If you google sport stripes you might find more pics with narrower gap :smilewinkgrin:

koolsville
24th September 2009, 05:23 PM
I've made my 'vinyl' decision. I got a swatch book of various vinyls from my man and the Gold looks naff against the Velvet Red and Chrome work -but I found a very nice deep silver metallic that looks the dogs. Decided on 150mm wide stripes, 50mm gap and 5mm pinstripes down the outer edges. I can't wait. I'll post pictures when the job is done.

GCA3N
24th September 2009, 05:35 PM
I've made my 'vinyl' decision. I got a swatch book of various vinyls from my man and the Gold looks naff against the Velvet Red and Chrome work -but I found a very nice deep silver metallic that looks the dogs. Decided on 150mm wide stripes, 50mm gap and 5mm pinstripes down the outer edges. I can't wait. I'll post pictures when the job is done.

sounds quite like mine, that's what I done. A bit closer though.
http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo280/greigallan/003.jpg