PDA

View Full Version : Another Glasgow Newbie!:D

Fartin Martin
23rd September 2009, 12:18 AM
Joined aaaaaages ago and had totally forgot about it..so this is me just getting round to saying hello!

sooo..I've got a Black(soon to be white)mini cooper called Loopy Coopy(by my friends..not me might I add!:p)

here's a few pics

hope you like...lots an lots more mods to come..so will be needing plenty of advice as am not the brightest!!!:lol:

cheers!:D

Mini Ecosse
23rd September 2009, 06:46 AM
Hi :welcome:

baptie
23rd September 2009, 07:19 AM
welcome along, hope you enjoy your stay

stoney
23rd September 2009, 07:34 AM
welcome where in glasgow you from ??

Gismo
23rd September 2009, 07:53 AM
:welcome: :bigwave:

Forbes
23rd September 2009, 08:01 AM
Are you painting or vinyling?

TheDoctor46
23rd September 2009, 08:39 AM
:welcome:

V500EMA
23rd September 2009, 08:54 AM
Heeey and :welcome:

Fartin Martin
23rd September 2009, 09:13 AM
welcome where in glasgow you from ??

Stay in a place called Milton, dunno if you will know it, its near Springburn and Bishopbriggs etc

what about yourself?

:D

Fartin Martin
23rd September 2009, 09:14 AM
Are you painting or vinyling?

Going to be getting it painted..can't wait!:D

Forbes
23rd September 2009, 10:22 AM
Going to be getting it painted..can't wait!:D

How much will that cost if you don't mind me asking:confused:

shaunbhoy67
23rd September 2009, 11:29 AM
hey welcome along to the site :thumbs up:

Delboy
23rd September 2009, 12:00 PM
Hello and :welcome:.

Kren__
23rd September 2009, 12:30 PM
:welcome: Although technically you were here before me, which is a bit like me saying 'welcome' as I enter your place... :confused: :D :bigwave:

Crombers
23rd September 2009, 03:25 PM
Welcome to NMSland :cool:

Why are you changing colour :confused:

Can't help but think that it will cost a few bob to respray & then in turn devalue the value of your car :confused: :confused:

RyanK
23rd September 2009, 03:47 PM
Welcome

stoney
23rd September 2009, 04:14 PM
Stay in a place called Milton, dunno if you will know it, its near Springburn and Bishopbriggs etc

what about yourself?

larkhall aka the blue walls

will give you a flash and a :bigwave: if i see you about

Fartin Martin
23rd September 2009, 05:05 PM
How much will that cost if you don't mind me asking:confused:

well its a friend of a friend charges 250b sheets!!!:D..i knoooo..mega cheap but does a good job..its like a homer sorta thing!

Fartin Martin
23rd September 2009, 05:07 PM
larkhall aka the blue walls

will give you a flash and a :bigwave: if i see you about

good stuff Big Yin!!..i'll do the same obv!!;)

you drive about town much no??pretty much no just about every mini that does as i PR in town at the weekends lol

bry_mini
23rd September 2009, 05:40 PM
Hello!! :welcome:

Im sure iv seen this car about

i stay in bishopbriggs just up the road from milton, will give you a peep next time i see you about!!:cool:

S111_SOT
23rd September 2009, 07:19 PM
:welcome: nice MINI u have there, should just leave the colour as it is, get some clear side repeaters fitted though:thumbs up:

Colin
23rd September 2009, 10:31 PM

GCA3N
24th September 2009, 09:36 AM
welcome can't wait to see it painted, is it an aspen white you are painting it?

Duncan Stewart
24th September 2009, 03:57 PM

audrey
24th September 2009, 10:04 PM
Hi :bigwave:

Fartin Martin
25th September 2009, 10:01 AM
Hello!! :welcome:

Im sure iv seen this car about

i stay in bishopbriggs just up the road from milton, will give you a peep next time i see you about!!:cool:

yeahhhhhh thats how i've seen you!:D

your just round the corner from me kinda!:lol:

Fartin Martin
25th September 2009, 10:02 AM
welcome can't wait to see it painted, is it an aspen white you are painting it?

thanks!:D..well see i dunno yet..there are sooo many whites to choose from..but i just want it WHITE as white..same as the new audis

Forbes
25th September 2009, 10:22 AM
That would be IBIS white. My mate just resprayed his Cayenne in that and the bill was over £4k including him pre prepping the car.

Fartin Martin
25th September 2009, 06:12 PM
That would be IBIS white. My mate just resprayed his Cayenne in that and the bill was over £4k including him pre prepping the car.

well am not payin that for sure!!:P..thats a hell of alot of money lol!

Ivano
26th September 2009, 12:32 PM
Hello and :welcome:

Rhymes
5th October 2009, 12:45 PM
Welcome.

No offence intended but i know someone who had their Mini painted for just over a grand and to put it nicely, It was ****e. That was a homer aswell. No matter who's doing it, Unless its yourself there is no way it will be a decent job for £250. Decent paint alone wont be far off that.

And for 250 i assume its not a bare shell respray so when you open your white Mini's door and boot, It will be black.

Im not saying this to put you down mate, I just think you'll regret it and realise you had a tidy wee Mini before you painted it.

Its only my opinion of course, Its your car but i think you'd be silly to paint it let alone for 250. Looks smart the way it is.

Forbes
5th October 2009, 12:56 PM
Its your car but i think you'd be silly to paint it let alone for 250. Looks smart the way it is.

Got to echo this statement + you will need to contact the DVLA for permanent change of colour and will reduce the resale value.

White is sweet though:Whistle:

GCA3N
5th October 2009, 01:16 PM
Welcome.

No offence intended but i know someone who had their Mini painted for just over a grand and to put it nicely, It was ****e. That was a homer aswell. No matter who's doing it, Unless its yourself there is no way it will be a decent job for £250. Decent paint alone wont be far off that.

And for 250 i assume its not a bare shell respray so when you open your white Mini's door and boot, It will be black.

Im not saying this to put you down mate, I just think you'll regret it and realise you had a tidy wee Mini before you painted it.

Its only my opinion of course, Its your car but i think you'd be silly to paint it let alone for 250. Looks smart the way it is.

Wise words, very wise.

Fartin Martin
5th October 2009, 02:29 PM
Welcome.

yeah and i totall agree with you!..but theres a reason why its so cheap for reasons i cant disclose lol..but its a fully professional job he does..although, i am starting to wonder if i do want it white..keep going back and forth! lol

Rhymes
5th October 2009, 03:45 PM
yeah and i totall agree with you!..but theres a reason why its so cheap for reasons i cant disclose lol..but its a fully professional job he does..although, i am starting to wonder if i do want it white..keep going back and forth! lol

Stolen paint or not, £250 would not make it worth while for someone to do a good job. The amount of man hours alone is bad enough for the money legit companys charge (£1500+), So i cant imagine how soul destroying it would be doing it for 250.

Materials dont come into it, Even if he was getting everything for free, The guy doing the job isnt going to put in effort for 250 pound coins.

Again, Im not trying to come across as a ****, I'v just seen it happen too many times and people end up spending £4-5k sorting out a paint job that initially cost them £600, Or in your case £250.

Your not far from me and i know a few good bodyshops if you really want it done but personally i'd leave it black cos in a year or two you'll look back and see you wont get that money back when you sell, And like someone said, If you colour change, Not only will you not get the money backfor it, But you'll probably loose money for it not being original.

:nag: DONT ****ING DO IT!!

Honestly, Dont think about.

Seriously.

I can tell your still thinking about it.

Stop, Stop it now.

Racist.

GCA3N
5th October 2009, 03:52 PM
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/tumbleweed.jpg

brian g
5th October 2009, 04:14 PM
i also agree with the reasons for not getting it done

but the reason i wouldn't do it is because black is much nicer than white

i can appreciate how good some of the newer cars like golf GTIs, TTs and BMWs look good in white, mainly because it just hasn't been popular for about 20 years but the mini with black mouldings just wont look right IMO

if you realy want it white try a vinyl wrap at least you can take it off a week later when you've changed your mind:smilewinkgrin:

Fartin Martin
5th October 2009, 07:19 PM
i also agree with the reasons for not getting it done

but the reason i wouldn't do it is because black is much nicer than white

i can appreciate how good some of the newer cars like golf GTIs, TTs and BMWs look good in white, mainly because it just hasn't been popular for about 20 years but the mini with black mouldings just wont look right IMO

if you realy want it white try a vinyl wrap at least you can take it off a week later when you've changed your mind:smilewinkgrin:

i know..i like the black too, just want to be different lol..seen too many cars looking pretty much the same as mine!:(

was gonnie get the car colour coded in white too