PDA

View Full Version : MINI Adventure - Orlando style

AndyP & Lenore
22nd September 2009, 02:18 AM
Before we came out to Orlando we called Orlando MINI to order some grille badge holders as you can't get them in the UK. We arranged to pick them up at the start of this week so this morning after brekkie we headed over to the dealership - only 5 miles from our hotel.

Got to the dealership to find it deserted, all the doors shut, lights off and some tumbleweed crawling slowly across the lot. We went round the back and found a parts guy slowly loading the last stock from the dealership into the back of a van. We asked him what was happening and he said they had moved over the weekend. It turned out the brand new dealership building was 20 miles north, into the Winter Park area (for those who know Orlando you'll know Winter Park is waaaay up north, past Orlando Downtown.)

So, looking very bemused at the guys directions he said, "I'll be heading up there once I have the van loaded, so you can follow me if you like." The offer of a guide was too much to turn down so I readily agreed. I had a quick look in the guys van and the inside of the service bay and realised we could speed things up, so I offered to give him a hand to load the van.

So there I was, in Orlando, USA, helping a parts guy from MINI USA load his van with MINI Batteries and storage bins and boxes of parts. Once the van was loaded he led us up to the new dealership. The new premises look cool but the showroom isn't finished yet so no MINI's to look around inside, just the ones in the lot. And, strange as it may seem, they all looked like MINI's.

Was good just to be around MINI's though even if for just a short spell. I asked if they did MINI hire as we would hire a convertible next time we're out but they don't. Shame really, convertible MINI around Orlando would be cool.

Despite the fact they had just moved the entire dealership in 2 days, the parts guys found our order within 2 mins - top marks to them. I commented that it looked a bit like chaos, to which the parts manager replied, "No. It's a MESS. Chaos would be a step up. We could deal with chaos." Despite all this they were in good spirits and we were well looked after.

Anyway, our wee MINI adventure. Just thought I'd share.:thumbs up:

Oh, yeah, and.... these guys have a great web site URL: www.iwantamini.com - Class!!:clap:

A.:D

ianking
22nd September 2009, 08:32 AM
No pics?

GCA3N
22nd September 2009, 09:24 AM
yeh no piccies.

Great story though.:clap:

Kren__
22nd September 2009, 12:22 PM
Nice wee story.

Could you imagine trying that in the UK? At best you might get a grunt and a finger pointing in the general direction... :argh:

We could still learn a thing or two from our Yank cousins.

Just Jade
22nd September 2009, 12:39 PM
Andy and Lenore, between dealing with me and running around after car parts while on holiday, you'll be needing a holiday by the time you come back ;) haha!! Enjoy the rest of you stay :D

AndyP & Lenore
22nd September 2009, 01:02 PM
Took one pic with my iPhone. Will post it up when I get back.:thumbs up:

Jade, it's a pleasure. Giving Mark a call later today.:hand:

A.;)

Craig
22nd September 2009, 01:48 PM
great story. :-)

Best bit being that you have my badge holder. . :-) lol

Crombers
22nd September 2009, 03:58 PM
great story. :-)