PDA

View Full Version : Taz needs campsite

taz2822
23rd May 2004, 04:21 AM
Ok, loved Scotland so much, coming up camping with Mrs Taz and Taz junior next weekend May 29th. Bearing in mind Little Taz is 10 he needs FUN!!! any reccomendations for either campsites or locations for the Taz's?

cheers

( Unfortunetley bringing the Audi not the Mini }

phantom
23rd May 2004, 04:31 AM
quote:Originally posted by taz2822

Ok, loved Scotland so much, coming up camping with Mrs Taz and Taz junior next weekend May 29th. Bearing in mind Little Taz is 10 he needs FUN!!! any reccomendations for either campsites or locations for the Taz's?

cheers

( Unfortunetley bringing the Audi not the Mini }

What about Anstruther, Fife as 140 plus minis will be ariving here on the Thistle Run fron the Falkirk Wheel to Anstruther on the 30th May.Now wont that be a sight for young Taz!:D
There are 2 camp sites in St Andrews only 11 miles from Anstruther.

Heather
23rd May 2004, 05:36 AM
great idea! plenty of beaches for the wee yin if its nice and the towns are not bad either. 140 minis arrriving on the 30th will be the highlight though:D:D

redpoint rallying
24th May 2004, 07:29 AM
Depends what you're after of course, The Glen Nevis campsite in Glen Nevis, Fort William is excellent. Have spent years going there when climbing on the Ben. Its now a very good site with top notch facilities and at that time of the year no blood sucking midges!

Cheers

Julz
24th May 2004, 03:39 PM
Kenmore camp site is good, lots of water activities and pretty things to see up there!!:cool:

Wul
24th May 2004, 04:39 PM
Ditto the Glen Nevis site, theres a swimming pool with slides etc 2 mins along the road too - although if you went to Anstruther - you wouldn't need to worry about dinner after a trip to the best chippy in the world! :D

Scottie
24th May 2004, 07:05 PM
Hope the weather holds for you. I am a fellow camper well caravanner actually. There are many lovely sites in Scotland all depends on the area you prefer to visit. SauchHope Site in Crail (Fife) is my favorite for that area. Toilets/showers clean. Swimming pool (outside). Site right down by the sea (firth of forth) looking over to Edinburgh coast.
Close enough to travel to Perth (Leisure Pool), Dundee and all their stuff. Also you have Edinburgh Castle, Stirling Castle, Wallace Monument. All with good shopping centers. Or if you want to be more central Callander would be my next choice if you decide the area and want to know any sites let me know.

Burple
24th May 2004, 07:35 PM
Or you could head up to Fort Augustus..
nice clean camp site, right beside Loch Ness. Boat trips on the Loch for some Nessie spotting? (Go on the Royal Scot (http://www.cruiselochness.com/), it's the best one - I know the guy who runs it ;))
You can also visit Urquhart Castle (http://www.castles.org/Chatelaine/URQUHART.HTM)... It's well worth the trip! ;):D

There's nice big campsite at Pitlochry too (we passed it on the Way up the A9 on the RB run!)

There's also another good one up at Tummel Bridge with a nice indoor pool and stuff - was up there on Saturday at a friend's house for a Barbie :D:cool: - Scenery is amazing!

:cool::D

taz2822
25th May 2004, 04:08 PM
thanks folks, busy checking out them all today on my BIG MAP!!!!! I'll let u know where we decide. cheers