PDA

View Full Version : Mini TLC XL.......

TheDoctor46
9th September 2009, 06:32 PM
My '54 plate MCS TLC runs out on Friday. The car has only done 34k mls from new but has been serviced at Mini whenever it needed it. To get TLC XL you need to renew it before the old TLC runs out, so i need to make up my mind by Friday!! It isnt due a Oil change service for another 9k mls and isnt due its Inspection 2 til next year at some point. Is the Inspection 2 Service every 3 yrs?? If thats the case, it isnt due it til September next year.
So i was just wondering if its worth it??
Bearing in mind, i'm still really enjoying the car at the moment but.......knowing me, i may not have it come next September!!!:lol:

Crombers
10th September 2009, 10:41 AM
I bought TLC XL & basically you get the last oil service FOC compared to paying over the couter service prices. I'm sure David will be along soon with the cost of an oil service for us but IMHO it was a good deal.

My MINI is now 5 years old with 63K on the clock having had the 'big' service via TLC XL with one oil service remaining. Wonder if you can keep buying TLC XL or am I now 'aged barred' ?? :rolleyes:

TheDoctor46
10th September 2009, 11:35 AM
When is the big service (inspection 2) due?? Is it based on mileage or time wise??

Livi
10th September 2009, 06:58 PM
I think depending on the service would depend on the price.

im not in the office at the moment as i have been on training this week and will be back tomorrow.

i think it was around the 300 mark for the TLC XL??

and i have had questions on discount for these in which i cant do as BMW GB set the prices and not the dealer.