PDA

View Full Version : SCOTLANDS SECRET BUNKER - CANCELLED!!

ny152
22nd May 2004, 07:22 AM
Bad news folks :(

Due to a few changes being made at work my Saturdays are no longer going to be my own so I wont be able to host (or attend) the Bunker Run. It would be a shame for the Run not to take place, so if anyone wants to take over it they are welcome.

Sorry for the short notice but I just got back from a week abroad and got made an offer I couldn't refuse (even if it does mean no more MINI runs for a while :().

YOUR MISSION SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT...

...is to join the NMS light infantry in a siege of Scotlands Secret Bunker.

UPDATE

Now that Ronald McDonald has been evicted from the bunker (just like Big Brother) who fancies a wee run to see what all the fuss is about? (www.secretbunker.co.uk).

The cost per person would be £6 (group rate) which gets you access to the bunker and its cold war secrets. If you dont want to go down into the depths you can always stay outside and look at the collection of army vehicles and the amazing humping cows in the adjoining field :eek:. But that wouldn't be any fun would it.....

Also highly recommended is the optional hand held audio tour of the facility and its an absolute bargain at only £1.50.

The route will be cross country up to the Bunker from Stirling. These roads are fun :D. Starting point would be the Stirling Services which are easy to reach off the motorway from all sides (Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow).

After visiting the Bunker there would be the opportunity for food either at Anstruther (best chip shop in the world, etc) or St Andrews, followed by a quick blast back down the road via Dundee and Perth (return route subject to change!)

REMEMBER!! Your NMS needs YOU ;).
-----------

TROOPS ON THE MARCH
01) Duncan Stewart and Helen
02) Phantom
03) Goldmini and Tricia
04) Willie M
05) Julz
06) Shoppie
07) Nenah M3RPM
08) AndyP and Lenore
09) Neil and Lorna
10) Crombers
11) Sheilz
12) Duncan
14) R7 ETH and Marie
15) MartinSullivan and Passenger
16) Jeff
17) Eddie44
18) Scottiecoop
19) Smiler
20) stevenmax80
21) chris + others
22) sleepyrascal
23) ianking + 1
24) Jim Mackay and Louise
25) Checkgirl and Julie
26) Tribal & GAJ
27) Steve74

phantom
22nd May 2004, 04:30 PM
quote:Originally posted by Goldmini

YOUR MISSION SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT...

...is to join the NMS light infantry in a siege of Scotlands Secret Bunker.

Looking at the events coming up there seems to be a gap between the West Coast Run on June 5th and Arbroath on July 3rd.
On the way to Anstruther one night last week I went past Scotlands Secret Bunker (www.secretbunker.co.uk). I reckon this would make a great place to visit, accompanied by some excellent roads on the way :).
Afterwards we could even go through to Anstruther for fish and chips (a la Mini Clan) before blasting back down the coast to Stirling.

At the moment this is just a tester to see how many people would be interested. I'd like to get the West Coast completed first, but that wouldn't give a lot of time to organise this, so if you think you might be up for this one as well, please stick your name down...

Hello! check out the run to Doune on that date:p

ny152
22nd May 2004, 06:26 PM
Whoops, sorry Chris.
My heads not right just now!

Ah well, going to be a lonely run myself then :-(

Willie M
22nd May 2004, 10:04 PM
Good idea for a wee run though Allen (jings, you're really getting the bug ain't ya? ;)). I'm sure you'd get a few folks interested in this, just a matter of getting a suitable date.

ny152
23rd May 2004, 01:15 AM
I've edited the first post in this topic to take out the date so there is no conflict with Doune now.

Will need to take a look to see what other dates are possible, so will update once I check things out.

EDIT: How does Saturday September 25th sound to people?

phantom
23rd May 2004, 02:13 AM
Hi Allen, dont forget that Wul is organising the go kart run on the 26th Sept, so might be better to choose a different date.:)

seany
23rd May 2004, 02:36 AM
put me and una a maybe

ny152
23rd May 2004, 03:10 AM
quote:Originally posted by phantom

Hi Allen, dont forget that Wul is organising the go kart run on the 26th Sept, so might be better to choose a different date.:)

Chris the next time I think about dates, I'm going to email you first :clown: Thanks for the heads up on the go-karting.

Maybe we could make it an event of MINI weekends then?
Or another possible date would be Saturday 11th September.

Could people give their preference for the 11th or 25th when posting please.

phantom
23rd May 2004, 03:28 AM
Allen, how can I say this without feeling like its not our day:I The 11th is the day before Mini in the Park at Silverstone. Maybe not many will be going to this so could be a good day, unfortunately I will be so if this the day I wont make this one:(

ny152
23rd May 2004, 03:43 AM

Allen, how can I say this without feeling like its not our day:I The 11th is the day before Mini in the Park at Silverstone. Maybe not many will be going to this so could be a good day, unfortunately I will be so if this the day I wont make this one:(

Thanks Chris
So if it was the 25th do you think that would suit better? Give people a weekend of MINI adventuring to look forward to!

phantom
23rd May 2004, 03:50 AM

Thanks Chris
So if it was the 25th do you think that would suit better? Give people a weekend of MINI adventuring to look forward to!

Obviously for me it would, but lets see what others think, might be a lot of driving for some. I live only 7 miles from secret bunker so fairly easy for me!:D Fingers crossed!;)

ny152
23rd May 2004, 03:52 AM
quote:Originally posted by Willie M

Good idea for a wee run though Allen (jings, you're really getting the bug ain't ya? ;)).

You're right it is addictive Wullie :D

Doing the runs for the West Coast has given me a few ideas for the future but I want to walk before I can run (or should that be drive :clown:).

Also have a cunning plan for a Burns Country run early next year when there is not so much going on but will keep that on the backburner for a wee while yet ;)

broken_brian
23rd May 2004, 03:53 AM
i have been to the secret bunker :D it is very interesting and i would recomend going so come on ppl lets all put our names down for this one. and the roads are good fun as well :cool:

so put me down for this one but will confirm nearer the time :D

ny152
23rd May 2004, 04:06 AM
quote:Originally posted by broken_brian

i have been to the secret bunker :D it is very interesting and i would recomend going so come on ppl lets all put our names down for this one. and the roads are good fun as well :cool:

so put me down for this one but will confirm nearer the time :D

Thanks for the support Brian :D
Going to take my daughter up in a couple of weeks time to see it. Think I'm looking forward to it the most though!

phantom
23rd May 2004, 04:06 AM
How embarissing to say after 23 years in fife I still have not visited the bunker yet, so this could be me chance, what better way of doing it than in the Mini!:p

3GGG
23rd May 2004, 04:16 AM

How embarissing to say after 23 years in fife I still have not visited the bunker yet, so this could be me chance, what better way of doing it than in the Mini!:p

I was there when it first opened to the public - obviously i didn't know about it before as it was a secret;)

Have you checked what they are charging to get in nowadays? - I seem to recall it was a bit expensive when I went. Though it might be worth asking if they would do a group deal for NMS.

phantom
23rd May 2004, 04:25 AM
Were abouts in Fife are you then Dave, cant ever recall seeing you on the roads:)

ny152
23rd May 2004, 04:30 AM
quote:Originally posted by 3GGG
Have you checked what they are charging to get in nowadays? - I seem to recall it was a bit expensive when I went. Though it might be worth asking if they would do a group deal for NMS.

They do a group discount so once I have an idea of numbers will email them to get a costing. Do you want your name put down for it 3GGG?

3GGG
23rd May 2004, 05:14 AM

Were abouts in Fife are you then Dave, cant ever recall seeing you on the roads:)

Its top secret.;) - But we were beat 3-1 today:disapprove:

3GGG
23rd May 2004, 05:15 AM

quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

They do a group discount so once I have an idea of numbers will email them to get a costing. Do you want your name put down for it 3GGG?

I'll take a rain check on it for now thanks, as I am not sure yet about dates in September.

Willie M
23rd May 2004, 10:20 PM
Count me in Allen. 11th would suit me better but I daresay I could possibly manage 25th if that's the date you decide on.

Duncan Stewart
24th May 2004, 12:44 AM
I'm up for it if 25th. I'm away on my holidays on 11th - Mini in the park, a week in North wales, then south Wales for the Rally GB, a mini run would be a great way to finish of the 2 weeks holiday.
I've been to the bunker before - well worth a visit. I don't remember the cost but was a bit pricey.

Burple
24th May 2004, 06:02 PM
hey, that's pretty close to me too..
Put me down as a maybe, but I'm not sure about the dates yet...

Don't want to put a downer on the idea, but there is one other thing to think about...
Don't think it would be wise to have it on the 11th September.
That's when the Airshow is on at RAF Leuchars.. you can forget trying to get ANYWHERE round Fife that Saturday!! ;):eek:

shoppie
24th May 2004, 09:41 PM
Sorry folks, can't manage any of these dates.
At the Airshow on the 11th and on my hols from the 17th.

ny152
7th June 2004, 08:05 PM
Okay folks. Time to pick this one up again!
Have taken a look at dates and moved it back to Saturday 9th October. Please see the first post for a full update.

Anyone interested?

Duncan Stewart
7th June 2004, 08:55 PM
Sat 9th Oct fine for Helen & I. Sign us up to the list please.

phantom
8th June 2004, 02:43 AM
9th October is fine for me too, I think!:p

broken_brian
8th June 2004, 07:21 AM
nope not for me this time:( will be going to the miniworld actionday at castle combe on the 9th oct :D

Willie M
8th June 2004, 03:20 PM
May depend on football fixtures but I'd say I'll more than likely be there.

Julz
8th June 2004, 05:21 PM
Oh go on then, add me to the list!!;)

ny152
8th June 2004, 07:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by Julz

Oh go on then, add me to the list!!;)

Sure you'll be moved in by then Julz :D.

ny152
9th June 2004, 02:11 AM
If you have been watching the news today then you may well have seen that someone has broke into the bunker and is going around playing with the guns and trying on uniforms.

I would like to point out that it is not me :clown:.

There is also no truth in the reports that Bonnie Scotland refuses to go because he hates bunkers and that Willie M is boasting that he could get a hole in one from it :p.

Anyway if all this publicity has wet your appetite to see inside Scotlands Secret Bunker why not add your name to our bunker adventure :).

phantom
9th June 2004, 03:15 AM
And theres me thinking you were making sure it was available for us!:p;):)

Willie M
9th June 2004, 03:20 PM
:D:D LOL Yeah, I thought you'd taken run recce-ing to new extremes there Allen :clown:
Goldmini checks out the Secret Bunker (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3785945.stm)

shoppie
10th June 2004, 05:41 AM
Add me for this one please.

KAH
10th June 2004, 07:06 PM
If the gut is out by then I'll be up for this one!!!

KAH
10th June 2004, 07:10 PM
i meant to type if the "guy" (who's calling himself ronald mcdonald!!!! brilliant!!!) is out by then. Aparently he has enough resources to last 3 months!!!

Duncan Stewart
10th June 2004, 07:24 PM
Nuke him I say! :evil:, oh but that won't work will it! :clown: ;)

seany
10th June 2004, 11:06 PM
he is now in the cells

AndyP & Lenore
14th June 2004, 08:00 AM
Hi Allen,

Add Lenore and I to the list if you would please. Now the guy's out we can go see what damage he's done.

I seem to remember when we visted the bunker it had something like 3,000 telephone lines going into it. I'm pretty sure when something like this happens the police try to call the perpetrator on the 'phone. I can just hear the conversation now...

Inspector: "Sergeant Perkins, place a call for me please, lets see if we can get him talking."
Perkins: "Yes sir, would that be on 01333 310301, 01333 310302, 01333 310303, 01333....?

You can see where I'm going with that.

AndyP

Neil and Lorna
21st June 2004, 05:39 AM
Hi Allen

We have chosen to accept your mission.:D
So could you please put myself and Lorna on the list.:)
Hopefully my pc wont self distruct in 5 seconds.:eek:

Neil and Lorna
21st June 2004, 05:41 AM
Nope it didn,t. :D:D:D

ny152
21st June 2004, 09:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by Neil

Nope it didn,t. :D:D:D

Your applictation has been accepted.
Your pc may now self detonate at any time :eek:.

Crombers
21st June 2004, 08:59 PM
Can I be added to the list please.
(Wee Shoz now 2 weeks old and Crombers cannot take smile off face :cool::D:cool:)

Cheers

Sheilz
6th July 2004, 04:25 AM
I'd like to come too. haven't been to the bunker. Should be interesting. That will be me and possibly three others.:D:D

duncan
6th July 2004, 04:50 AM
Hi Allen, can i be a possibly.
The Fixture list is clear for that day, but i guess it'll be for a League Cup match.
I'll confirm when the draw is made!

ny152
6th July 2004, 04:52 AM
Sheilz and Duncan, thats both of you added to the list now.
Thanks for the interest :).

R7 ETH
7th July 2004, 09:18 PM
Can you put me am Marie down for this one !! Please

MartinSullivan
7th July 2004, 09:21 PM
This definitely sounds like an interesting one - can u put me on the list please + 1 passenger

Cheers :D

Jeff
8th July 2004, 03:33 AM
I'll take the opportunity to come along on this one, any excuse to visit the chip shop in Ainster!

eddie 44
8th July 2004, 03:42 AM
its 50/50 @ mo .... as might be working early shift :(

Nenah
5th August 2004, 01:11 AM
Please add me to the list (TBC) for now + Jai will join me for another scary ride :eek:- dont want to miss out if there is a limit on the number of cars. Cheers Nenah

[/quote]

Scottie
5th August 2004, 05:29 PM
If my car is back from getting the respray and new seats fitted I would like to come.

KAH
5th August 2004, 06:27 PM
Allen can you take me off the list for this as i will have sold my Mini by the time you are all going :(:(:(

ny152
6th August 2004, 07:22 AM
quote:Originally posted by KAH

Allen can you take me off the list for this as i will have sold my Mini by the time you are all going :(:(:(

:( - the deed is done...

smiler
10th August 2004, 03:27 AM
Allen

Please could you put me down on the list and I will confirm if still OK nearer the time.

Cheers. :)

stevenmax80
10th August 2004, 06:51 AM
Hi goldmini. have u got any detaILS OR PLACES LEFT FOR THE RUN. I AM VER INTERESTED IN ATTENDING. PLEASE GET BACK WITH A POST OR EMAIL ME

ny152
10th August 2004, 07:33 AM
Hi Steven
I've sent you an email :).

chris
10th August 2004, 10:54 PM
could you put us down for this cheers 2+2

sleepyrascal
10th August 2004, 11:13 PM
Sounds like a good one. I'm in if thats ok?

ianking
13th August 2004, 06:29 AM
hi sounds good for me too. Count me in with one passenger also.
I will be leaving from edinburgh area if anyone fancies travelling up in a wee convoy.

ny152
15th August 2004, 05:04 PM
The first post has now been updated with all the 'mobile units' taking part in the mission :).
I'll be doing a recce next week (camouflaged of course!) and will report back with more top secret info....

In the meantime if anymore civilians would like to volunteer for action please step forward - or everyone else take a step back ;).

Jim Mackay
24th August 2004, 06:18 AM
Volunteering for duty.
What time do we parade for inspection?
Mufti order acceptable? (I have a pair of camouflage trousers but can never find them!)
Jim & Louise
Coo-ool Blue MC Convertible

ny152
24th August 2004, 08:37 AM
quote:Originally posted by Jim Mackay

Volunteering for duty.
What time do we parade for inspection?
Mufti order acceptable? (I have a pair of camouflage trousers but can never find them!)
Jim & Louise
Coo-ool Blue MC Convertible

Welcome Soldier!!

Inspection will be at 10:00 hrs prompt at the Stirling basecamp.

Camouflage trousers are not required.
Brown trousers may be supplied by the end of the tour of duty :eek:.

If you do not bring your mess tin rations may be purchased at the Anstruther Chippie.

A full Mission Briefing will take place once a full recce is made of the combat zone.

Stand easy soldier :cool:.

checkgirl
26th August 2004, 11:59 PM
Hi, please add Julie and I to the list....Thanks

Nenah
27th August 2004, 04:18 AM
I'm going AWOL for most of September - I'll be back in time for duty - albeit only by 2 days...mmm...fast speeds and jetlag, could be interesting! My co-pilot will still be on his tour of duty & wont be able to join me - so please take Jai off the list.

MartinSullivan
27th August 2004, 04:23 AM
quote:Originally posted by Nenah-M3RPM

I'm goin going AWOL for most of September -

Nenah I'll look after your car :):D:p

Nenah
13th September 2004, 06:39 AM
quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

quote:Originally posted by Nenah-M3RPM

I'm goin going AWOL for most of September -

Nenah I'll look after your car :):D:p

Get in line Martin! Youre offer is about the 5th so far...but maybe the most likely person I'd trust my car with!:D

Willie M
14th September 2004, 08:28 PM
Sorry Allen, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to scratch from this one :(
Been called up by another army (Tartan variety) to go see our national team give Norway a damn good thrashing that day ;)

Yours faithfully,
Delusional in Denny

Gismo
14th September 2004, 09:07 PM
So, Wul has metamorphosed into willie M ;)

Monsta Mo Mini
14th September 2004, 10:11 PM
I may be allowed out for a wee while that day so hopefully I'll get along for at least the East Neuk leg of the run.

<goes away to earn more brownie points bearing in mind he's already got a 2 day pass in mid October......>

I may be pushing my luck!

Wul
14th September 2004, 10:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

So, Wul has metamorphosed into willie M ;)

Oh come now you lot!:clown: I could never wear that pimpin coat the same way as the moffatmeister wears it!:p:evil:

Willie M
15th September 2004, 03:38 PM
:cool:

Steve74
15th September 2004, 05:40 PM
Sign me Up Sgt Major!

:dead::p:eek::clown:

Heather
15th September 2004, 08:22 PM
Allen can you recruit me for this tour of duty. I believe the all powerful mod GAJ sould also like to serve his online community;):D

Jeff
17th September 2004, 03:01 AM
Allen, I have suffered the same as Willie M above and have been called up for Tartan Army duty also I dunno when I will get my accident damaged car back

ny152
21st September 2004, 08:29 PM
Bad news folks :(

Due to a few changes being made at work my Saturdays are no longer going to be my own so I wont be able to host (or attend) the Bunker Run. It would be a shame for the Run not to take place, so if anyone wants to take over it they are welcome.

Sorry for the short notice but I just got back from a week abroad and got made an offer I couldn't refuse (even if it does mean no more MINI runs for a while :().

Duncan Stewart
22nd September 2004, 04:00 AM
Sorry to hear that Allen. How about changing it to the Sunday then?

ny152
22nd September 2004, 04:21 AM
Hi Duncan
A Sunday could be looked at (the Bunker is open right through till the end of October).
However I have family commitments every Sunday, thats why I used to only make it out to play on a Saturday.
My 9 year old loves the MINI but I dont think she'd enjoy it so much for the whole day. Apart from that she's far too sensible for most of the NMS lot ;).

eddie 44
26th September 2004, 07:57 PM
sorry the run is not going a head .
so what we all gonna do ? anyone
have any other plans for this date
the mini is in need of a wee run out !:D