PDA

View Full Version : 102 minutes that Changed America - 9/11

Scottie
7th September 2009, 09:18 PM
Anyone else watching it. OMG:eek: it's on 4 It's Horrific what happened when you think back we all tend to forget.

illegalhunter > don't bother posting I can't be bothered reading your conspiracy theory.

AndyP & Lenore
7th September 2009, 09:28 PM
Fi, is that the one that's made up of camcorder and newsreel footage?

A.

Scottie
7th September 2009, 09:40 PM
yes most not been seen before until tonight.. footage from normal people and some news footage. It's just make you think again at how awful it all was.

For me (like many) I've been to ground zero it was just like a construction sight until I looked up at the space and the sky it brought all the footage I saw to the forefront of my mind again. Also the fire station that was right at the bit almost all the fireman were lost. You just can't imagine it unless you were there I guess and saw it all happening.

RyanK
7th September 2009, 09:43 PM
Got this recording, sounds good!

AndyP & Lenore
7th September 2009, 09:45 PM
That was on a few months ago. Maybe this time last year. A repeat I suspect.

Shocking programme. But very well made.

A.

Crombers
7th September 2009, 10:06 PM
Is this the docu by the french brothers Jules and Gedeon Naudet.

If so I have the DVD, unbelievable piece of filming

AndyP & Lenore
7th September 2009, 10:17 PM
Is this the docu by the french brothers Jules and Gedeon Naudet.

If so I have the DVD, unbelievable piece of filming

Crombers, if this is the programme I saw last year, it is a documentary made up of purely eyewitness camcorders, or mobile phone recordings of what was happening, as well as news footage. No real professional or otherwise "documentary" footage at all.

I've seen the Naudet brothers film too - harrowing.:sad:

A.

Forbes
7th September 2009, 10:38 PM
Puts it into a more personal feel. Helps put it into a better perspective, still couldn't imagine it though

baptie
7th September 2009, 10:53 PM
Got it Sky+ed

catching up with come dine.....no me.....honest

Delboy
7th September 2009, 11:23 PM
Saw this last year too - almost unbelievable. Very moving at times and shocking at other times. Well worth watching.

Gismo
8th September 2009, 04:29 AM
Anyone know if it's gonna be repeated? i'd really like to see it but will have to sky plus it to view when i get home

GP BILLY
8th September 2009, 09:21 AM
Here you go Alan:thumbs up: its on there site for 29 days

4 catchup
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/102-minutes-that-changed-america/4od#2934610

GCA3N
8th September 2009, 10:51 AM
Watched this last night, very very sad. It does all remind us of how the world has changed since 9/11.

The only thing that annoyed me was the ammount of adverts. I think there must have been one every 10 mins. Ended up pausing it and going back half an hour later. Still ended up watching it live for the last 20 mins as each advert was 5 mins long.

The film was worth watching though. It was the footage from when the second plane hit, from that flat, my hairs were standing on end.

euan
8th September 2009, 12:05 PM
I'm going to watch this I think. I was flicking channels at the weekend and wondered why United 93 was on at the same time as one of the other 9/11 films and thought "that's wierd" until I clicked it was September again. Seems a long time ago but just like yesterday when you watch these films.

Mrs JCP
8th September 2009, 12:59 PM
We watched this last night for the first time. Was a very moving programme, very shocking at times too!!

Did anyone see the 9/11 programme that was on Sunday night? I missed it :ragin: will have to see if its on catch up :thumbs up:

camjay
8th September 2009, 04:33 PM
I'll never forget that day - I was on a day off, watching TV when the newsflash came on! Watching this was really distressing. I couldn't imagine being there - its the poor folk jumping that gets me - horrific! Also watched the United 93 film - equally upsetting! :frown:

Livi
8th September 2009, 07:38 PM
Me and susan watched this last night.

and at the moment im just watching the phonecalls from the tower, which is also quite sad :sad: