PDA

View Full Version : US Open Tennis

Gismo
7th September 2009, 06:02 AM
I'm managing to watch a good bit of the US Open Tennis, some shocks with low seeded women going out.
Kim Clijsters did a good job of disposing of one half of the Williams duo.

Am still disgusted at the way the ball boys/girls are expected to continually hand the players a sweat drenched towel between each point, i know i wouldn't be keen on it, surely a hook or chair could be positioned such that they could get their own towel.

Anyway, Murray is proceeding well and is well on course for another final appearance :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
7th September 2009, 08:34 AM
I've only managed to see one of Murray's matches so far. All his other matches have been on waaaay after my bedtime. I see he did well against Taylor Dent last night too.:thumbs up:

A.:D

Delboy
7th September 2009, 09:16 AM
Am still disgusted at the way the ball boys/girls are expected to continually hand the players a sweat drenched towel between each point, i know i wouldn't be keen on it, surely a hook or chair could be positioned such that they could get their own towel.

Anyway, Murray is proceeding well and is well on course for another final appearance :thumbs up:

Totally agree on the towel thing. Andy Roddick is one of the worst and actually throws the towel at the ball boy/girl, normally without even looking at them. And how much does he sweat :eek:?!

As for Andy Murray, I didn't see last night's match but according to the reports he breezed through - awesome :thumbs up:.

AndyP & Lenore
8th September 2009, 09:20 PM
Andy's out.:sad:

Gutted.:argh:

Wasn't even able to watch the demolition, had to listen to the match on Usopen.org radio.:sad:

Can't say anything else or I'll throw the keyboard out the window.:sad:

A.:sad:

Delboy
8th September 2009, 11:21 PM
I saw most of the match and he was rotten :sad:. It was not pleasant to watch :frown:.

He said in the post-match interview that he had no energy :confused: - I just don't get that. Very disappointing.

AndyP & Lenore
9th September 2009, 12:37 AM
I saw most of the match and he was rotten :sad:. It was not pleasant to watch :frown:.

He said in the post-match interview that he had no energy :confused: - I just don't get that. Very disappointing.

How can the worlds number 2 player, playing in the fourth round of a grand slam tournament, after a full days rest - HAVE NO FRIKKING ENERGY?:argh::argh:

I can see it after two Masters tournaments in a row, with playing world class tennis almost every day for 4 days on the trot for the second week on the trot. Del Potro had real trouble in the final of the Montreal masters, because he'd just won the ATP 500 tournament the week before, then jumped right into the Montreal 1000 tournament and got to that final also. Del Potro won the first set, Andy took the second but Del Potro had burnt out and gave no fight for the third.

It's not easy to comment because I didn't watch the match, but I just find it confusing how he can blame a match loss on "no energy".:confused:

Unless he's ill I suppose.:confused:

A.

Gismo
13th September 2009, 11:37 AM
Bizarre ending to the woman's semi final seeing the other Williams sister losing out to a code violation, the dummy was well and truly spat out :D

euan
14th September 2009, 08:10 AM
Murray - there was a suggestion from McEnroe that he is over training at times and not giving his body time to recover between games. Could well believe it when you look at him and how driven he is to suceed. Or it could be his diet, you just don't know. Either way, nothing a few tweaks to his plans in tournaments won't sort.

As for Serena, shocking behaviour really, she deserved to be binned for that!