PDA

View Full Version : Bulgaria

camjay
6th September 2009, 01:39 PM
Guys. looking for some advice. Thinking about booking for Bulgaria next summer. Is it a yes or no? What part should we go to? Is it still as cheap as its supposed to be?

We've been asking around and it seems to be mixed reports on holiday forums, but we don't actually know of anyone who has been. Some help would be appreciated. Ta x :thumbs up:

m8cxc
6th September 2009, 04:56 PM
was there 7 yr ago and it was a brilliant holiday sunny beach prob the most known part watch the hotels some of them are right dumps check trip advisor usually you can tell which ones r the better hotels hope this helps :D

Livi
6th September 2009, 06:08 PM
went back in 2006 before they were part of europe.

we were at a place called Elenite which was around 20 mins from sunny beach.

i thought it was an OK holiday, but i wouldn't go back again.

Sunny beach to me didn't seem quiet and safe, as the hotels around all the shopping stalls, where at Elenite village, it was enclosed and was quiet and safe :thumbs up:

when i was there it was 40p to 1 lev :thumbs up:

camjay
7th September 2009, 09:02 PM
Cheers. :thumbs up: Still kinda undecided. My hubby's not to keen to go, but I thought it would be good value if its cheap. Don't fancy ending up somewhere absolutely minging though! I checked out Trip Advisor, but opinions are so varied - what one person thinks is ok - another thinks its the pits! I'll have to think about it. x;)

Forbes
7th September 2009, 09:18 PM
Never been but mates Family have been 5 times in 4 years to different parts. Never said anything bad about it

MiniSnaps
18th September 2009, 01:21 PM
Sunny Beach is great -if you like buying counterfeit watches, fake sunglasses, flick knifes and nunchucks then you'll love it. The main promenade is full of stalls selling such gear.

There are money-changing scams galore and venture two streets back from the beach (which is indeed sunny) and you're in the third world.

Oh aye and the airport is an old soviet-era military one, with no waiting areas, so you have to stand outside in the road until your flight is due to board...

Wild horses wouldn't drag me back.

Craig
18th September 2009, 02:31 PM
Sunny Beach is great -if you like buying counterfeit watches, fake sunglasses, flick knifes and nunchucks then you'll love it. The main promenade is full of stalls selling such gear.

There are money-changing scams galore and venture two streets back from the beach (which is indeed sunny) and you're in the third world.

Oh aye and the airport is an old soviet-era military one, with no waiting areas, so you have to stand outside in the road until your flight is due to board...

Wild horses wouldn't drag me back.

you make it sound soooo appealing... :laugh::yes nod:

camjay
19th September 2009, 07:37 AM
Mmmmm. That'll be a no then!:frown:

MiniSnaps
19th September 2009, 02:41 PM
you make it sound soooo appealing... :laugh::yes nod:

I may have painted a rosier picture than is actually the case :D

Think "Ayia Napa" but without the culture...:laugh:

camjay
19th September 2009, 05:17 PM
I'm getting visions of lots of Eastern European (ahem) "ladies" kicking around....would I be right?? :p

MiniSnaps
19th September 2009, 07:58 PM
I actually didn't see any, although what I did see were a lot of young guys driving Lambos, Ferraris and Bentleys, in a country where you can't get hp to buy a car - cash only