PDA

View Full Version : E MINI Tryouts - 20 lucky people?

The Bull
4th September 2009, 11:05 AM
£330 a month to try it out for them?

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/09/03/bmw_e_mini_field_trial/

Big Gordy
4th September 2009, 11:38 AM
They pocket £25m of taxpayers money then still want 330 quid for the privelage of driving it....................ehhhh...........naw:ragin:

Forbes
4th September 2009, 11:56 AM
Is the E Mini the new GP? No rear seats. Different colour wing mirrors. Good bit of power

The Bull
4th September 2009, 12:49 PM
95 mph limited top speed.

Forbes
4th September 2009, 01:16 PM
Other than track use that is plenty

Smitty
4th September 2009, 03:21 PM
I'm hopefully going to get to trial one of these (along with other electric cars) through my work over the coming 18 months.

Looking forward to seeing how they perform :D

And like it or not....this is part of the future of motoring!!

The Bull
5th September 2009, 01:44 AM
You're right I know but I don't like e-cars. Just weird but I suppose the more of them there are the better they are going to have to be.

The Dogfather
5th September 2009, 08:34 AM
I'd be interested, I'd use it to get to work and back.

Gismo
5th September 2009, 08:44 AM
Surely BMW should foot the entire bill, including the electricity used by the consumer ;)

Forbes
5th September 2009, 10:24 AM
Surely BMW should foot the entire bill, including the electricity used by the consumer ;)

They should, but that would just see new car prices go slightly higher

Smitty
5th September 2009, 02:30 PM
I'd be interested, I'd use it to get to work and back.

I think your right there....the only way these are going to hit the mass market (or at least the petrol heads) is if people adopt them as a 2nd car. Use a electric cars as commuting/town run arounds etc and a proper petrol car for fun :D

I can say for certian that I will own an electric car within 5-7 years :cool:

Stewart
9th October 2009, 12:09 PM
As long as it was not totally silent I’d have one. I’d love the idea that on a Summers day you could have solar panels on your house roof trickling the car on the drive. Might look stupid but could they not have a layer of cells on the actual roof of the car to charge.