PDA

View Full Version : just got a PS3 slim

t18tav
1st September 2009, 11:21 AM
Just traded in my old PS3 for the new PS3 slim at GAME and all i had to pay was £70 as my old one was the 60gb, the price you pay for the 80gb and 40gb then went up. loving the new look though it fits under the tv like a DVD player which is nice plus you get the 120gb with it, the only one thing that is a little annoying is you cant play PS2 games on it.

AndyP & Lenore
1st September 2009, 11:30 AM
Hmmmm.... Sounds interesting.

How can I tell which PS3 I have?:confused:

A.

t18tav
1st September 2009, 11:44 AM
you still got the box it will say on there.

AndyP & Lenore
1st September 2009, 11:47 AM
you still got the box it will say on there.

Nope.:sad:

I bought it on the day it was released, so is one of the very first machines.

A.

The Dogfather
1st September 2009, 11:49 AM
It says on the game website that it becomes half price which is £125 not £70, are the stores doing a better deal?

AndyP & Lenore
1st September 2009, 11:49 AM
In "System Settings" > "System Information" it says: "Free Space 42GB / 55GB"

A.

AndyP & Lenore
1st September 2009, 11:50 AM
It says on the game website that it becomes half price which is £125 not £70, are the stores doing a better deal?

Yeah, just seen that too.:confused:

A.

The Dogfather
1st September 2009, 12:32 PM
Wouldn't mind having a look at one as mine is terrible for dust, and with two hairy hounds in the house I'm cleaning it every day.

t18tav
1st September 2009, 01:28 PM
if you got it when they first came out it must be a 60gb dose it have 4 USB points and a bit that flaps up for memory card next to the slot that you put the game in? not sure why it is not on the web site but the store in Aberdeen is doing that deal and i even got a game free with it too which makes it an even better deal.

AndyP & Lenore
1st September 2009, 03:01 PM
if you got it when they first came out it must be a 60gb dose it have 4 USB points and a bit that flaps up for memory card next to the slot that you put the game in? not sure why it is not on the web site but the store in Aberdeen is doing that deal and i even got a game free with it too which makes it an even better deal.

Thats the one. I'm guessing it must a 60gb model.:yes nod:

A.

Gismo
1st September 2009, 03:04 PM
Damn, i'm gonna have 2 PS3's to sell before i move to the USA, these slim jims are gonna wreck the price :sad:

AndyP & Lenore
1st September 2009, 03:21 PM
Damn, i'm gonna have 2 PS3's to sell before i move to the USA, these slim jims are gonna wreck the price :sad:

Get a power converter and take them with you.:thumbs up:

A.

Gismo
1st September 2009, 03:31 PM
Get a power converter and take them with you.:thumbs up:

A.Would have the hassle of playing UK games on an NTSC telly :frown:

AndyP & Lenore
1st September 2009, 03:42 PM
Would have the hassle of playing UK games on an NTSC telly :frown:

Hmmmm.:sad: Then you need to add in a PAL to NTSC2 (never the same color twice) converter. It all gets a bit messy really.

Easier just to ditch the lot and buy anew.:Whistle:

A.:D

Big Gordy
1st September 2009, 04:11 PM
He's missed the boat now tho:Whistle: there only worth about thruppence each now:rolleyes::moonie:

zimbo
1st September 2009, 06:34 PM

I'll give you £30 for the newer one Alan :yes nod:

And yes Andy you have the older (better looking) PS3 just like the rest of us, coz the new (just released) slim version doesnt really look that nice and as has already been mentioned it does not play older PS games...

Scottie
1st September 2009, 06:35 PM
I'll give you a tenner for one Alan.:smilewinkgrin:

Ferengo
1st September 2009, 06:54 PM
60GB model is worth more as it's backwards compatible and none of the rest are, therefore it's more desirable so you get a better trade in value. So Alan, if you have these then the value hasn't dropped as they're still fetching high prices on fleabay.

If you did take the ps3's to the states then you couldn't play their games as the PS3 is a region locked console so there's that to consider above the TV compatibility.

Gismo
1st September 2009, 07:15 PM
If you did take the ps3's to the states then you couldn't play their games as the PS3 is a region locked console so there's that to consider above the TV compatibility.Already anwsered Andy to that effect :rolleyes: :Whistle:

t18tav
1st September 2009, 07:41 PM
I'll give you £30 for the newer one Alan :yes nod:

And yes Andy you have the older (better looking) PS3 just like the rest of us, coz the new (just released) slim version doesnt really look that nice and as has already been mentioned it does not play older PS games...

I think the new one looks a lot better than the old one, the old one was too big and scratched to easy:argh:

Mrs JCP
2nd September 2009, 11:39 AM
are the stores doing a better deal?

The stores down here are mad!! Lassie in my work traded in her state of the ark PS2 and 2 games....got the new slim line plus a game for 70 quid!!!! CRAZY!!!

The Bull
2nd September 2009, 02:04 PM
Where was that? :eek:

Mrs JCP
2nd September 2009, 03:39 PM
Where was that? :eek:

Was in Game :eek: