Mom has finally agreed to some mods to The Van :D

210 bhp Works engine
JCW brake kit
JCW side skirts and bumpers
Colour code roof to white
leave black S spokes of course and 4 spots
remove "suicide door"
remove 244mm from the length
;) anyone want to buy a very nice specced Clubman?
Without spots and with Silver Crown Spokes. Any offers over £12,600
No food supplied :thumbs up:

Craig
31st August 2009, 11:20 PM
All the best with the new motor and hope you get what you want for yours. :thumbs up:

oh aye and don't let lesley drive yer Beemer - you want to keep the wheels nice... :Whistle::lol:

GCA3N
31st August 2009, 11:34 PM
Mom has finally agreed to some mods to The Van :D

210 bhp Works engine
JCW brake kit
JCW side skirts and bumpers
Colour code roof to white
leave black S spokes of course and 4 spots
remove "suicide door"
remove 244mm from the length
;) anyone want to buy a very nice specced Clubman?
Without spots and with Silver Crown Spokes. Any offers over £12,600
No food supplied :thumbs up:

thats a shame lovely car, hope someone on here buys it. can't wait to see the new one.

Scottie
31st August 2009, 11:36 PM
Cabrio?

Gismo
31st August 2009, 11:44 PM
No Recaros :Whistle:

AndyP & Lenore
31st August 2009, 11:48 PM
New car sounds nice Malcolm.:thumbs up:

Spill on the colours...

A.:D

stoney
1st September 2009, 07:47 AM
very nice looking forward to seeing the new car

MINI William
1st September 2009, 10:06 AM
Sounds nice Mum and Dad :yes nod:

Ferengo
1st September 2009, 10:24 AM
That sounds an awesome spec. Look forward to seein that.

Good luck with the sale of the clubman. I may be looking for one when our wee one comes along but that's only if we can't hack it with the cooper, but that's a couple of months off yet.

weefossy
1st September 2009, 01:02 PM
Going for the subtle look, all white. :yes nod:
Sioban has already found a name for it.......

"Heather" AKA "Lucky White Heather" :rolleyes:

Fi, it was a big fight and up to the last minute it was going to be a Cabrio, but in the end Mom gave in (a first) just to make an old man very happy!!
Rest assured, I'm paying for it big style as you would expect.

Alan, defo needs Recarros, but Sioban spent my Recarro fund buying a Recarro baby seat for Niamh, our grandaughter. I was hoping a very nice man was going to sell me his old ones, cause he couldn't take them to America!!

ianking
1st September 2009, 01:13 PM
Sounds good Dad. When does it arrive?
I really like white all over.

If I go for another MINI I want to get it all one colour.

Stewart
1st September 2009, 01:52 PM
I really liked your Clubman, but I'm sure the new motor will be stunning.

Does that mean the Coffee and Biscuits are off the Menu.;)

weefossy
1st September 2009, 04:47 PM
Going to fit a trailer for the tea & biscuits ;)

Crombers
1st September 2009, 04:53 PM
Going to fit a trailer for the tea & biscuits ;)

That'll be plan 'B' then eh !! :rolleyes: :Whistle:

Gismo
1st September 2009, 04:54 PM
Will it be another Clubman?

Scottie
1st September 2009, 06:37 PM
not if he is removing 244mm from the length of the vehicle.

Mini Ecosse
1st September 2009, 07:54 PM
Looking forward to seeing new motoe in the flesh when it arrives:thumbs up:

Sheilz
1st September 2009, 08:19 PM
Took me a few mins to work out that YOur leaving the Van Gang :confused:
Any particular reason for getting rid of the clubie or just fancying a change ?
Good luck with the new motor. All PW white sounds really nice. Love the contrast of a quiet discreet exterior hiding all that power under the bonnet. :thumbs up:

weefossy
1st September 2009, 10:49 PM
Sheilz, we loved the Van but I was getting really frustrated at not being able to do mods. We originally bought it with Works conversion and side skirts ordered, only to be told on delivery that they were not available......that was 2 years ago and we are still waiting. Promised at mini 50 that they would be available by July....still not here. Sioban wanted another convertible and I wanted a Works hatchback, so Sioban let me have my way.... this time.

Sheilz
2nd September 2009, 12:38 AM
O its not just me then! While I'm not planning on works kits or anything like that - see the price of petrol nowadays :argh: its been pretty hard to find other wee bits and pieces for Dougall. Other than the antennae (spelling?:blush:) and door scoops there doesn't seem to be that much around for the car. Even getting winter mats had me spending ages on the net to find out that there's two options - checkerboard and rubber. They're afa dear too :eek: £50 just for the two front ones. Sign of the times when buying car mats has to be done over two shopping sprees :frown: Standard ones that came with the car must be the cheapest they could get hold of :frown:
I know this is off topic :off topic: and I apologise for that but do you find your van more willing to roll a bit on the road? I was thinking that Dougall might benefit from the side thingies that would go in place of a rear strut brace. Not sure if anyone has noticed this in their vans or equivalent age of cooper. Its maybe the softer suspension that's making me think that esp after the SS+ on Specy. ?

weefossy
2nd September 2009, 11:17 PM
Sheilz, never had a problem with the handling or performance of the Van. Have had some nice "ding dongs" with Craig, Fi, Crombers etc on runs, but being a man always wanted the "biggest" ie "210BHP" for straight line showing off.:cool: Check the tyres and pressures, makes a huge difference?
Re mats, We've got a spare set of winter ones you can have. they are R53 rubber ones, adjusted for Van ,fit fine and at £0 they are even nicer:D

The Dogfather
3rd September 2009, 06:41 AM
I can confirm what Malcolm is saying about the clubman's handling its every bit as good as the hatch if not slightly better.

The R56 is a lot softer than the R50/R53 though which will give you the roll. I had sport suspension on my last clubman and it was a lot better in the twisties, although the ride wasn't as good. I'm thinking of some coilovers next year, our sponsor Coastal Racingdo them fitted for £800.

Sheilz
3rd September 2009, 07:47 PM
The glowing reports I've heard from you 'older' van owners about handling was one of the reasons I went for a van. Will check out the TP just in case its wrong. Came through some hellish flooding on single track roads today and bless his wee rubber socks, Dougall came through with glowing colours though dont think he appreciated being 'bathed' in muddy/poopy water pouring out of farmyards. Yuk! Water was so high it was rolling over the bonnet. Lucky I wasn't smoking out of the window at the time :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Thanks for the offer of the mats unfortunately I've already ordered new ones :thud:Bad timing or what!

Crombers
4th September 2009, 10:29 AM
I'm thinking of some coilovers next year, our sponsor Coastal Racingdo them fitted for £800.

:eek: that cheap :eek:

Crombers
8th September 2009, 08:04 AM
What 'rims' are you going for Malcolm :Whistle:

Are we leaving the 'S' Spoke club :eek:

GCA3N
8th September 2009, 10:30 AM
Came through some hellish flooding on single track roads today and bless his wee rubber socks, Dougall came through with glowing colours though dont think he appreciated being 'bathed' in muddy/poopy water pouring out of farmyards. Yuk! Water was so high it was rolling over the bonnet. Lucky I wasn't smoking out of the window at the time

Tell me about it I know the feeling, just ask Del Boy about My track to the house, it is worse than i remebered, even the 4x4 Honda is minging after it goes on it.

MINI William
8th September 2009, 11:03 AM
What 'rims' are you going for Malcolm :Whistle:

Are we leaving the 'S' Spoke club :eek:

Says on the first post that its black S spokes :smilewinkgrin:

Crombers
8th September 2009, 11:18 AM
Says on the first post that its black S spokes :smilewinkgrin:

:blush: schoolboy error ;)

MINI William
8th September 2009, 11:22 AM
:blush: schoolboy error ;)

Ill let you off this time but next time :Whistle: :smilewinkgrin:

weefossy
13th September 2009, 09:43 PM
There is only one wheel for the Mini :D However you can choose the colour, black white or silver :p
Although somebody did once have blues S spokes :frown:
Do like thse new S spokes for the Mayfair ??

ianking
14th September 2009, 08:33 AM
Will the S spokes fit over the JCW brakes?

Duncan Stewart
14th September 2009, 08:41 PM
:D Sounds great :D Enjoy it when it arrives

weefossy
14th September 2009, 08:45 PM
Ian are you serious or are you winding me up?????

Can't have a Mini without S spokes.:ragin:
Anyone out there know the answer, without continuing the wind up:hand:

Suppose I could use spacers?

Forbes
14th September 2009, 10:44 PM
Ian are you serious or are you winding me up?????

Can't have a Mini without S spokes.:ragin:
Anyone out there know the answer, without continuing the wind up:hand:

Suppose I could use spacers?

Almost certain they won't fit standard over the brakes. Spacers should sort you out though. Maybe test different sizes out.

ianking
15th September 2009, 08:57 AM
The S spokes have a kind of lip on them in the inside about an inch from the edge. I think its this edge that catches on the JCW caliper.

The Factory JCW wheels are flat inside and only just clear the caliper.
You could always get the JCW wheels painted black.

I very much doubt the S spoke will fit the new JCW.
If you pop past mine with an S spoke we can try to try one on to put your mind at rest.

Big Gordy
15th September 2009, 09:04 AM
Hey Malc:bigwave: I'll give you 250 quid for your black 'S' spokes:Whistle:

weefossy
15th September 2009, 08:16 PM
That would be a good buy big man.....they have just been refurbed by powdertec and they have brand new run flats on them :D
Hence why I'll not be a happy bunny if they don't fit.
Ian really appreciate your offer, but I'm away at a wedding this weekend and then I'm in Marbella working all next week. It's a hard life.....roll on my retirement. :Whistle:
Brakes might have to come off :knife:cause it don't sound like spacers will work.

MINI William
15th September 2009, 08:57 PM
Will the S spokes fit over the JCW brakes?

I was thinking this myself.Cant see the S spokes fitting.My brakes sit very close to my wheels same as mum and dads JCW.

GCA3N
15th September 2009, 10:06 PM
Can't believe you would take the brakes off to stay with s spokes. I love the s spokes but not that much.

ianking
16th September 2009, 08:47 AM
Dont take the brakes off Malcolm.
You certainly need them on the JCW

Crombers
16th September 2009, 09:21 AM
BIG dilema Malcolm (knowing how you/me like the 'S' spokes), but with the JCW would it not be time to wave 'S' spokes goodbye :eek: :frown: :sad:

Just can't help thinking that a new R56 JCW just would'nt look right without JCW rims.

ianking
16th September 2009, 12:55 PM
Just can't help thinking that a new R56 JCW just would'nt look right without JCW rims.

Exactly Alan.

Leave the brakes on and the wheels on as they look the muts nuts.

Why not just get the wheels painted black?

weefossy
16th September 2009, 01:24 PM
:eek::eek: how could you both suggest such a thing........
your messing with my head :shut up:

We did have S spokes and Works brakes on the red convertible, but that wasn't an R56

Craig
16th September 2009, 01:28 PM
:eek::eek: how could you both suggest such a thing........
your messing with my head :shut up:

We did have S spokes and Works brakes on the red convertible, but that wasn't an R56

yeah Malcolm, I have S Spokes and JCW brakes on my car. (or they will be on the car soon for the winter.. :thumbs up:)

think the disc size is bigger on the R56 and the caliper is bigger which causes problems :frown:

VERY hard decision to be made by your sir... :argh:

Big Gordy
16th September 2009, 01:30 PM
Think Ross has a set (may just be a pair) of spacers in the garage Malc if you need to try them:thumbs up: They were for his MG ZR which has the exact same bolt arrangement as the mini..... 4 x 100 PCD:yes nod: Think they're about 5mm thick:Whistle:

Craig
16th September 2009, 01:30 PM
that liquid yellow S with black roof is looking better every day Malcolm... :Whistle::clap:

Forbes
16th September 2009, 03:38 PM
Spacers I think will work. Just need to test different sizes

weefossy
16th September 2009, 11:04 PM
Mini dealers probably won't have clue, so sounds like one for Mikeythemini, once I get the car.