PDA

View Full Version : Paypal.

KenL
31st August 2009, 09:10 PM
Just sold (tonight) a couple of drivers on Ebay.

One has already paid and it say "elligible" for protection on my Paypal account.

Should I just go ahead and post the item in the next day or two?

Is there anything I should be wary of. The email from Paypal mentions "chargebacks" but there is nothing obvious about what this is and if I actually am protected fully.

So, advice please :thumbs up:

Livi
31st August 2009, 09:27 PM
i never send a parcel out until the money is fully cleared.

KenL
31st August 2009, 09:39 PM
i never send a parcel out until the money is fully cleared.

What does that mean please?

My Paypal says "completed" or something like that.

If I withdraw it to my bank, could it still be "chargedback" meaning I owe Paypal money?

Ta.

Livi
31st August 2009, 09:50 PM
Near the top it will tell you your paypal balance.

Once the money is showing in there it's safe to post the item.

if you are selling, your money will be on hold for up to 5-7 days? or until feedback is given by the buyer.

24 Aug. 2009 | Gift From ******** | Completed | Details | £25.00 GBP

If you click on your 'Details' it will then tell you it is ok to post :thumbs up:

Livi
31st August 2009, 09:51 PM
If I withdraw it to my bank, could it still be "chargedback" meaning I owe Paypal money?

Ta.

like you ebay fees?

that will come off at the end of next month as a invoice total and will DD out of your account.

Gismo
31st August 2009, 09:52 PM
Even supposing you wait 25 years for your money to appear in your paypal account the buyer can still claim their money back by simply creating an item not received claim against you.
The only safe way to deal on eBay using PayPal is to send items out registered and insured postage.
During the claim you must be able to provide postage details which include as a minimum the trace number for the parcel.

ebay and PayPal are 2 different entities and do not go together like some folks think, including me.

It matters not a jot whether you state that registered postage is required to ensure delivery in the eBay auction, PayPal work on the principal that the purchaser paid and if they do not get what they paid for then the seller must refund the money, been there and done it and won't let it happen again.

Ken, the fact you have received a PayPal notifiaction that you've been paid is ok, just make sure the buyers address is verified.

Apart from that, the fact the person paid immediately should mean that you should be prepared to send the item as soon as possible and not in the next day or two :Whistle:

KenL
1st September 2009, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the advice guys.

Ferengo
1st September 2009, 10:03 AM
There is a time limit of 45 days for a item not recieved claim. If you don;t claim within this period then tough.

As for your money make sure you balance actually says what it should and that next to the transaction it says complete. If it says pending or clearing then don't send it out.

Word of advice, always send an item at least recorded delivery. That way you know that if they say they never got the item they are on the up and up and you are protected as you can claim the cash back from Royal mail.

Last piece of advice, never sell an item to me, lol :laugh::laugh::laugh: