PDA

View Full Version : Our new toy

AndyP & Lenore
28th August 2009, 09:50 PM
The Freelander 2 has gone. Loved it while we had it, but a change in our family circumstances and lifestyle meant we no longer needed a big 4X4 - our dog passed away last September and we no longer caravan.

We've both had a real hankering for a convertible for some time now. Looked at a MINI Convertible at Vardy's about 3 weeks ago. Just couldn't bring ourselves to go for the pram look and the skuttle shake and so on. But on the way in we passed a 118i Convertible. Took that out for a spin and fell in love with the 1 Series convertible. That engine wouldn't pull skin off of custard, but the engine in our 125i M Sport is brilliant!

Gotta say, we absolutely LOVE this car. Picked it up from Williams BMW in Liverpool today and it was raining most of the M6 so couldn't put the top down. But it dried up for the A7 and it was an absolute dream to drive. It's only done 3,500 miles so hasn't even bedded in yet.

Spec is:

Model : ZF33 E88 125i MSport
Colour : 354 Titanium Silver
Upholstery : LWD1 Leather Boston Coral Red

2MR 18" Double-spoke style 261M alloys
205 Automatic Gearbox
322 Comfort Access
387 Wind deflector
430 Ext. mirrors - folding. auto dimming
441 Smokers package
459 Elec Fr Seats + Driver Memory
494 Seat heating. front
502 Headlight wash
508 Park Distance Control (PDC). front & rear
521 Rain sensor with auto. headlights on
522 Xenon headlights
540 Cruise control
6FL USB interface
609 Navigation-system Professional
612 BMW ConnectedDrive-Assist
616 BMW ConnectedDrive-Online
620 Voice Control
633 Bluetooth phone prep + telematics
676 Loudspeaker system - BMW Business
7XA M Sport leather steering wheel 991

And some pics... (taken with my iPhone so quality is a bit pants).

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/MINI/125i/front.jpg

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/MINI/125i/front2.jpg

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/MINI/125i/inside1.jpg

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/MINI/125i/inside2.jpg

http://www.motorsportphotographic.com/MINI/125i/inside3.jpg

AndyP & Lenore
28th August 2009, 09:51 PM
The camera in my iPhone makes the seats look almost orange. They're not, honest, they are a nice deep burgundy red. Lovely!:cool:

A.:thumbs up:

Gismo
28th August 2009, 10:01 PM
Nice motor :thumbs up: but, sorry, don't like the red seats

AndyP & Lenore
28th August 2009, 10:03 PM
Nice motor :thumbs up: but, sorry, don't like the red seats

Cheers Alan. But, you gotta see them in the flesh. :thumbs up:

Gismo
28th August 2009, 10:11 PM
Cheers Alan. But, you gotta see them in the flesh. :thumbs up:Andy, i discarded every M3 that had a red interior, i just don't like it :blush: soz :rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
28th August 2009, 10:19 PM
Andy, i discarded every M3 that had a red interior, i just don't like it :blush: soz :rolleyes:

Fairysnuff. If we all liked the same things... etc.:thumbs up:

A.:D

Delboy
28th August 2009, 10:21 PM
That looks awesome Andy:thumbs up:, and I like the red leather:yes nod:!

I had a courtesy 1-series recently and while the engine wouldn't pull you out of bed the drive was superb and I really enjoyed taking it on country roads - handled superbly.

You're not bringing this on Sunday, are you...? ;)

Scottie
28th August 2009, 10:22 PM
Very nice:cool: but not a fan of red seats either

AndyP & Lenore
28th August 2009, 10:23 PM
That looks awesome Andy:thumbs up:, and I like the red leather:yes nod:!

I had a courtesy 1-series recently and while the engine wouldn't pull you out of bed the drive was superb and I really enjoyed taking it on country roads - handled superbly.

You're not bringing this on Sunday, are you...? ;)

As much as I fancy the idea of a blast around the Borders run in the 125, it is a MINI run after-all. On top of that, it's our MINI run, so it's the Red MINI's turn this Sunday.:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
28th August 2009, 10:24 PM
Very nice:cool: but not a fan of red seats either

I guess there sort of Marmite thing. Love it or hate it. Lucky for us, we love them.:thumbs up:

KenL
28th August 2009, 10:26 PM
I've only seen a few of those and think they look really smart. Congrats.

Delboy
28th August 2009, 10:26 PM
As much as I fancy the idea of a blast around the Borders run in the 125, it is a MINI run after-all. On top of that, it's our MINI run, so it's the Red MINI's turn this Sunday.:thumbs up:

Didn't think so! Will be nice to see your red Mini though:thumbs up:

audrey
28th August 2009, 10:46 PM
Lovely :thumbs up: I like the red seats :cool::cool:

Neil and Lorna
28th August 2009, 11:57 PM
Very Nice :D:D but then we kinda like the 1 series coupe/cabrio ;):thumbs up::thumbs up:

Absolutely love our 135 coupe.:cool::cool:

N&L

Hamish
29th August 2009, 12:33 AM
Looks awesome andy, pleased for u both... Hope u bring some convertible weather to th uk now!!! Haha

euan
29th August 2009, 08:03 AM
Looks very nice. I like the red seats, black seats would look wrong in a silver convertible. Welcome to the world of the six cylinder ;-)

The Dogfather
29th August 2009, 08:16 AM
I like the red seats but not the 1 series, sorry Andy, which is why I have a TT.

stoney
29th August 2009, 08:58 AM
looks good andy but i am the same as most dont like the red seats looked at a mini with red and did not like it but i do like the car

SimonS
29th August 2009, 09:10 AM
Welcome to the world of topless motoring :Whistle::smilewinkgrin::Whistle:

zimbo
29th August 2009, 11:02 AM
Wots up MrP its not like you to not get a bright coloured car??
I like silver as a colour anyway, I think your new car looks very nice mate, I would have preferred a Black interior with the silver body (red interior with black body:p..) but as long as you and Lenore love it then it doesn't matter what anyone thinks.

Enjoy guys :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
29th August 2009, 11:15 AM
Wots up MrP its not like you to not get a bright coloured car??
I like silver as a colour anyway, I think your new car looks very nice mate, I would have preferred a Black interior with the silver body (red interior with black body:p..) but as long as you and Lenore love it then it doesn't matter what anyone thinks.

Enjoy guys :thumbs up:

Cheers mate.:thumbs up:

Crombers
29th August 2009, 12:53 PM
So you had 2 MINI's and a Landy :confused:

Have you still got 2 MINI's :confused:

Beemer :moonie:

GCA3N
29th August 2009, 12:57 PM
Loving it guys, don't even think about taking on the run, been looking forward to see your R53. anyway, obviously the cinema industry is doing well!

Stewart
29th August 2009, 01:06 PM
Like the Car, did you take a look at the New Z4?

AndyP & Lenore
29th August 2009, 04:16 PM
So you had 2 MINI's and a Landy :confused:

Have you still got 2 MINI's :confused:

Beemer :moonie:

Yes, we've still got the MINI's.:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
29th August 2009, 04:17 PM
Loving it guys, obviously the cinema industry is doing well!

Or, could it just be that we have no kids.:moonie:;)

AndyP & Lenore
29th August 2009, 04:21 PM
Like the Car, did you take a look at the New Z4?

Never took one out, as we still have Lenore's mum and dad to ferry about every now and again, so 4 seats is beneficial.:D

ianking
29th August 2009, 04:38 PM
Like I said last night Andy. I love it. Really really like the red leather.

I wouldnt bring it on the mini run if its raining though. Mind last year when I brought my 130i and I spent most of the run looking out the side window. (just ask Neil as he was behind me).

In saying that though it wont be raining for your run tomorrow. :D

GCA3N
29th August 2009, 04:49 PM

That's where I'm going wrong!

AndyP & Lenore
29th August 2009, 04:55 PM
That's where I'm going wrong!

lol.:thumbs up:

Scottie
29th August 2009, 05:22 PM

Lenore has you;)

AndyP & Lenore
29th August 2009, 05:29 PM
Lenore has you;)

This is true. But it was actually Lenore who replied to Greig's post, so she must not think of me as a kid.:smilewinkgrin:

badwolf340
29th August 2009, 08:36 PM
Nice car Andy,love the seat's and think exterior is very very nice.hope we get some sun so you can get your top down before winter..:p:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
29th August 2009, 08:50 PM
Nice car Andy,love the seat's and think exterior is very very nice.hope we get some sun so you can get your top down before winter..:p:thumbs up:

Cheers.:thumbs up:

illegalhunter
30th August 2009, 04:05 PM
The red leather gives it the WOW factor.

MINI William
30th August 2009, 05:22 PM
Very nice Andy & Lenore :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
30th August 2009, 05:56 PM
The red leather gives it the WOW factor.

Very nice Andy & Lenore :thumbs up:

Cheers guys.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

Sheilz
31st August 2009, 09:51 AM
That's one very handsome car. I think I'd like the red interior since as you say the photos dont do it justice and make it look orange instead of a rich burgundy which I think will look lovely. Red and silver is a nice change from black and silver. Lots of happy motoring :thumbs up::clap::clap::clap: On an aside, how do you ever get the chance to enjoy all your cars :smilewinkgrin:

AndyP & Lenore
31st August 2009, 02:08 PM
That's one very handsome car. I think I'd like the red interior since as you say the photos dont do it justice and make it look orange instead of a rich burgundy which I think will look lovely. Red and silver is a nice change from black and silver. Lots of happy motoring :thumbs up::clap::clap::clap: On an aside, how do you ever get the chance to enjoy all your cars :smilewinkgrin:

Cheesrs Shielz.:thumbs up:

We spend all day driving our cars. We're actually independantly wealthy and don't work at all. The cinema thing is just a front to make folk think we work for our living.:laugh:

Seriously though, I wish had more time to spend driving all 3 cars - but we DO have to work for a living after all.:sad:

Sheilz
31st August 2009, 05:56 PM
We spend all day driving our cars. We're actually independantly wealthy and don't work at all. The cinema thing is just a front to make folk think we work for our living.:laugh:

Same here ;) That's why I've spent today chained to my computer doing a mammoth report :argh: :thud:

Just for fun you understand so that I'm spared the trials of maybe having to drive a mini. :Whistle:

Think I need :beer::beer:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

AndyP & Lenore
31st August 2009, 06:29 PM
Same here ;) That's why I've spent today chained to my computer doing a mammoth report :argh: :thud:

Just for fun you understand so that I'm spared the trials of maybe having to drive a mini. :Whistle:

Think I need :beer::beer:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

We all have our crosses to bear.:frown:

Ally S
31st August 2009, 06:35 PM
Nice, I much prefer the convetible to the hatch

RyanK
31st August 2009, 06:41 PM
Looking good! Fair bit of extras!

AndyP & Lenore
31st August 2009, 06:58 PM
Looking good! Fair bit of extras!

Fully loaded, were the words which came to our mind when we saw the spec.:thumbs up:

Ferengo
2nd September 2009, 07:50 AM
Nice car mate :thumbs up:. Interior looks good.

I've been scouring the dealers looking for a "Family" car. So far I like the 3 series saloon, new Mondeo and the VW Jetta, but we'll see if we need one...:rolleyes:

AndyP & Lenore
2nd September 2009, 08:58 AM
Nice car mate :thumbs up:. Interior looks good.

I've been scouring the dealers looking for a "Family" car. So far I like the 3 series saloon, new Mondeo and the VW Jetta, but we'll see if we need one...:rolleyes:

Cheers mate.:thumbs up:

Mini Ecosse
2nd September 2009, 04:07 PM
Ooooopppps missed this.

Looks :cool:

Hope you have lots of fun with new car:bigwave:

AndyP & Lenore
2nd September 2009, 08:13 PM
Ooooopppps missed this.

Looks :cool:

Hope you have lots of fun with new car:bigwave:

Cheers Stephen. It's rained pretty much solid since we bought it. so haven't been able to make proper use of it yet.

zimbo
3rd September 2009, 11:11 AM
Cheers Stephen. It's rained pretty much solid since we bought it. so haven't been able to make proper use of it yet.

:laugh: so this horrid weather is ALL YOUR FAULT... :knife:

AndyP & Lenore
3rd September 2009, 11:16 AM
:laugh: so this horrid weather is ALL YOUR FAULT... :knife:

Yes indeed. All our fault.:D

Smitty
3rd September 2009, 03:44 PM
Very nice, and very well specced! Love the red seats. :D

But you probably should have got a proper roof for the current weather we are having in Scotland :p ;)

AndyP & Lenore
3rd September 2009, 03:57 PM
It's gotta stop raining soon. Surely. :eek:

Big Gordy
3rd September 2009, 04:08 PM
Nope:frown: Start building the ark:Whistle:

Craig
3rd September 2009, 06:08 PM
It's gotta stop raining soon. Surely. :eek:

says the couple who do a rain dance nearly EVERY day... :thud::moonie: You reep what you sow..!! :clap:

AndyP & Lenore
3rd September 2009, 06:16 PM
says the couple who do a rain dance nearly EVERY day... :thud::moonie: You reep what you sow..!! :clap:

lol.:laugh: Was waiting for somone to pick up on the irony and inconsistency in our posts.:laugh:

Craig
3rd September 2009, 06:18 PM
lol.:laugh: Was waiting for somone to pick up on the irony and inconsistency in our posts.:laugh:

Happy to help :thumbs up::clap: