PDA

View Full Version : Barcelona

GAJ
19th May 2004, 05:02 PM
OK Spaniards, get the cork's out of the Cava bottles, get the Tapas ready and get one of those huge Paellas on the go cos I'll be in Barcelona tomorrow!:cool: You can keep yer San Miguel though!:dead:

Anyone been there recently who can recommend any particularly good restuarants or bars?:p

macblob
19th May 2004, 05:21 PM
Have a good one you lucky lucky Bas**rd

Starky
19th May 2004, 06:58 PM
Check out the "living statues" down Las Rambles Gaj.

KAH
19th May 2004, 09:35 PM
THERE IS A DODGY/GOOD/FUNNY STRIP CLUB/PEEP SHOW PLACE ON LES RAMBLES......SO I'M TOLD!

YOU HAVE TO CHECK OUT THE SAGRADA FAMILIA (PROB NOT HOW ITS SPELT BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN)

Monsta Mo Mini
19th May 2004, 10:44 PM
All the usual touristy stuff is great - the big cathedral thingy, Parc Guel is also worth a look as is the Miro Foundation up near the Olympic complex. There are some great Cava (£2 per bottle!) bars down on the edge of the old quarter near the docks/marinas, just across from the wee glass seafood restaurant. Halfway down the Ramblas on the left there's a plaza which certainly used to have a few really good clubs in the basements - indie/punk but dinnae open until about 1am! Don't go anywhere near the flower sellers on the Ramblas and keep an eye on yer wallet...god is that pickpocket in for a dissapointment ;) Have a great time...it's one of the most amazing cities I've ever been to!

3GGG
19th May 2004, 11:21 PM
Needing a hand with carrying your cases GAJ? :p;)

GAJ
20th May 2004, 12:20 AM
quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

Needing a hand with carrying your cases GAJ? :p;)

Well it's funny you say that...

...but I'm sure I'll manage!:)

3GGG
20th May 2004, 01:27 AM
I was just installing broadband for someone who came back from a short break In Barcelona last week and she said it rained all the time, however she tells me that the weather out there is glorious now (just like here).

Have a great time GAJ.

GAJ
20th May 2004, 04:59 AM
The 10 day forecast doesn't look great! Cheryl's face is tripping her!

macblob
20th May 2004, 05:43 AM
Have a great time Gaj and hope the weather is got to ya

duncan
20th May 2004, 05:59 AM
The Nou Camp is very impressive, and the museum is quite interesting.
Was there in 1999, just wish i had been there in 87 ;)

Willie M
20th May 2004, 03:03 PM
Have a good wee break Gaj. Do they do Guinness in Barca? ;)

GAJ
26th May 2004, 06:06 PM
I'm back! Thanks for the advice everybody.

Willie, they do indeed do Guinness and very nice it was too! Saw quite a few MINIs over there, mainly black and white (a good choice I think) but I also saw an electric blue Cooper! Is it only in the UK that electric blue is only available on the S?

macblob
26th May 2004, 06:15 PM
Hope u had a good break :D