The Bull
26th August 2009, 09:42 AM
Sorry if this has been posted before.

http://photo.netcarshow.com/Mini-Coupe_Concept_2009_photo_05.jpg

Loads more photos here:

http://www.netcarshow.com/mini/2009-coupe_concept/

GCA3N
26th August 2009, 09:52 AM
Where do i sign. I tell you this if they bring this out I want one, utterly uterly stunning in every way.

Delboy
26th August 2009, 10:28 AM
Looks very cool :cool:. Blue with a silver roof too - now where have I seen that before........? :D:lol:

The Dogfather
26th August 2009, 10:49 AM
The dimensions don't look right, the real MINI bodywork isn't sleek enough. Also the roof looks stuck on like it doesn't fit properly.

However, it does give a good indication of how the speedster could look.

Scottie
26th August 2009, 10:57 AM
roof reminds me of a Gloster Canary.

Stewart
26th August 2009, 11:21 AM
That’s what I was thinking, the roof looks like someone cut out a bit of cardboard at the last minute and placed it on. That rear window looks wrong. then again your two pencil strokes from a Mini TT

Just make it a Targa Roof at the front with a removable roof section and the rear part permanent

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/Mini-Coupe_Concept_2009_photo_05.jpg

Ally S
26th August 2009, 01:02 PM
Maybe it needs to be a bit longer so that the roof can flow better. It would probably look better if the roof was blue.

camjay
26th August 2009, 04:31 PM
I agree with the others. I just doesn't look quite right - yet! A few wee adjustments and my name is down for one. :cool:

Livi
26th August 2009, 04:40 PM
dont like this car in any way :frown::frown: - i do apologise for the people who 'love it'

my opinion is it aint a MINI anymore TBH :Whistle:

Gismo
26th August 2009, 04:42 PM
Another one in the no like group :frown:
What is it with the roof, that's terrible :thud:

AeroJonny
26th August 2009, 04:59 PM
utterly bizarre...

Mini_Disaster
27th August 2009, 01:41 PM
I want to love it but something just doesn't look right from the back. I think it would look better all one colour.......Maybe a nice dark metallic.

Crombers
27th August 2009, 02:14 PM
THAT is NOT a MINI :frown:

indigomatt
27th August 2009, 03:10 PM
what about the 1965 Broadspeed GT.....!!!

Burple
27th August 2009, 03:20 PM

+1!! :thumbs up:

Burple
27th August 2009, 03:21 PM
what about the 1965 Broadspeed GT.....!!!

They were never 'official' Minis tho... ;):p:Whistle:

indigomatt
27th August 2009, 03:30 PM
They were never 'official' Minis tho... ;):p:Whistle:

But somewhat odd lookibg like this one.....nearly there but not.....!!!

TheDoctor46
27th August 2009, 05:54 PM
Well i LOVE it!!! :thumbs up:

rpn
27th August 2009, 06:27 PM
:frown: don't likey

Sheilz
28th August 2009, 12:06 AM
Love the colour, could do with a pretty blue like that in the regular range. Agree roof looks like the bald mannies hairpiece, unnatural as it is but could have the wow factor with some adjustment. Have to be careful about not being too 'No' coz I do remember thinking along those lines when I first saw the clubman.

zimbo
28th August 2009, 09:42 AM

+1!! :thumbs up:

Oi!! you two need to come out of the dark ages and move into the future along with the rest of us... Its all in the name of progress, nothing we can do about it all we can do is go along with the flow be it good or bad.

You couple of old foggies... :rolleyes: :lol:

Burple
28th August 2009, 10:24 AM
Oi!! you two need to come out of the dark ages and move into the future along with the rest of us... Its all in the name of progress, nothing we can do about it all we can do is go along with the flow be it good or bad.

Hairdresser.. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

zimbo
28th August 2009, 04:07 PM
Hairdresser.. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

At least I've got some... :moonie:

Burple
28th August 2009, 04:56 PM
At least I've got some... :moonie:

on yer :moonie:?????

:p:p:p:p:p

Crombers
28th August 2009, 05:15 PM

You lot go for it, fire away :p

to steal a quote, it's F'UGLY, end of :yes nod:

Bazthemod
28th August 2009, 05:30 PM
You lot go for it, fire away :p

to steal a quote, it's F'UGLY, end of :yes nod:

Really getting old, he's repeating himself! :p

Crombers
29th August 2009, 01:07 PM
Really getting old, he's repeating himself! :p

:p

:thumbs up:

ajamesj
29th August 2009, 08:59 PM
I want one just love the look:thumbs up:

The Bull
30th August 2009, 10:02 PM
I think it's better than the clubman. Now that is FUGLY.

Delboy
30th August 2009, 10:20 PM

I think you are talking bull :moonie:

The Dogfather
30th August 2009, 10:29 PM

In your opinion, I and quite a few others disagree. In fact I would go as far as saying the Clubman is quite striking in the right colours.

GCA3N
30th August 2009, 10:46 PM
I am honestly not just saying this but del's clubman s was one of my favs on the run today, looked stunning IMHO. I will say this though and this goes for all mini breeds what you do to them makes a massive difference. Just look at baz and mini William two nicer cars you won't find and both, if you don't mind me saying, are standard coopers ( if u know what I'm saying) albeit u would not exactly call them standard now. Which reminds me William your car was looking very sweet, you didn't dissapoint, been bumming it up all week. And baz don't even think of changing yours I mean could you imagine you with any more power, I shudder at the thought.

Bazthemod
30th August 2009, 10:56 PM
And baz don't even think of changing yours I mean could you imagine you with any more power, I shudder at the thought.

Hmmm we shall see what happens lol :rolleyes:

Thanks for compliments though :thumbs up::blush:

Sheilz
31st August 2009, 10:18 AM
In your opinion, I and quite a few others disagree. In fact I would go as far as saying the Clubman is quite striking in the right colours.

Och its ugliness grows on you ;):laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Bull
31st August 2009, 10:37 AM
I think you are talking bull :moonie:

Too easy. I get that all the time! :smilewinkgrin: Is it because I talk BS or of my name? Who knows.

I admit it's (the coupe) a bit off being "just right" but if they sort that roof line out they could be onto a winner.

I'll reserve judgement on the Clubman for now until I see one of the good examples that you speak of but every one I've seen up until now hasn't turned my props. (Like you said, IMO) Sorry for drifting a little off topic.

Sheilz
31st August 2009, 12:45 PM
out they could be onto a winner.

I'll reserve judgement on the Clubman for now until I see one of the good examples that you speak of but every one I've seen up until now hasn't turned my props. (Like you said, IMO) Sorry for drifting a little off topic.

well basically they're either your chosen colour with silver or black roof, mirror caps and rear trim or all one colour with silver or black rear trim. The red and black looks good just as it does on the regular cooper but I'm biased ;)

john
31st August 2009, 01:38 PM
I have just looked at the picture on the first post of this thread and I have to say that is FUGLY its like a toy car that has been stood on!!

Crombers
1st September 2009, 10:22 AM
I have just looked at the picture on the first post of this thread and I have to say that is FUGLY its like a toy car that has been stood on!!

Welcome aboard JB :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
1st September 2009, 10:02 PM
Hmmm.... THAT'S what happens when your garage door comes down when you're half way in, or if Robbie Coltrane falls on your design model. The roof is totally at odds with the rest of the car - looks as if it was just dropped on it when they got fed up and went down the Bistro for a Baguette. The silver just looks tacky - maybe a different colour would suit it better, or maybe they could do it in brown vinyl...

More bloody Niche-Marketing BS from MINI - still, if you park up next to a Crossman it won't look quite so HOOOOOOGLEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! The only way it could be saved it is for MINI to shove in a 250bhp JCW motor and all the right bits - but then you can bet it'll cost the same as a nearly new Porsche Cayman. Apart from that I think it's great. I'll buy one when I get a PERM!

Crombers
2nd September 2009, 08:40 AM
I'll buy one when I get a PERM!

:laugh:

weefossy
2nd September 2009, 11:22 PM
Oh! if only perms could come back in fashion. :bigwave:

The Dogfather
3rd September 2009, 06:45 AM
http://www.virginmedia.com/images/perms.jpg

Stewart
3rd September 2009, 09:17 AM
Marouane Fellaini has great big head of hair....its fantastic you cant miss him.

http://www.evertonfc.tv/assets/_files/images/mar_09/efc__1236533503_Fellaini-celebrate-450.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfordshire/8235025.stm

See both are going into production.

Two new models of the Mini are to be built at BMW's plant in Oxfordshire creating up to 1,000 jobs, sources suggest. Two concept cars - one a coupe - will be unveiled on 15 September and will be produced at the company's factory in Cowley, near Oxford.

Ferengo
3rd September 2009, 10:53 AM
Can't wait to see the production coupe. This is the first MINI I've seen and instantly liked it. May have to take one for a test drive when it's available...

As for the clubman, same for me as the MINI was, I hated it until I got behind the wheel of one. Now I like :thumbs up:

stella
3rd September 2009, 08:48 PM
Can't wait to see the production coupe. This is the first MINI I've seen and instantly liked it. May have to take one for a test drive when it's available...

As for the clubman, same for me as the MINI was, I hated it until I got behind the wheel of one. Now I like :thumbs up:

well, your not getting one-:moonie:
it's digusting:ragin: doesn't even resemble a mini

Forbes
3rd September 2009, 09:15 PM
That's you told:laugh:

RyanK
3rd September 2009, 09:24 PM
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/dv103028.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=4C82CE9872E16B24E4B8E2A0E771C8F3E30A760B0D811297

zimbo
4th September 2009, 01:54 PM
That'll be a BIG NO then Grant... :laugh::hand:

Ferengo
5th September 2009, 12:15 PM
That'll be a BIG NO then Grant... :laugh::hand:

Yup, there's no arguing with a pregnant woman :frown:

ELFMAN
9th September 2009, 08:24 AM
One good result of the 'new models' is that it's been reported that MINI will be taking on more workers to build them - pretty good news in the current economic climate. Now if only they were building something more, well...... MINI.