PDA

View Full Version : LED 501w Bulbs.

Livi
23rd August 2009, 11:32 PM
bought myself some LED 501 bulbs on saturday.

now... when i put them in (ignition off and lighting off) they seem to dim a little but not fully.

they work when the lights are on but once switched off they just wont go off and id rather not risk it and have the battery go flat on me.

they look good with the xenon lights as i really dont like the 'yellow' effect they standard ones give.

now - has anyone else had this problem that they managed to fix or possibly some advice? :thumbs up:

thank you.

Forbes
23rd August 2009, 11:36 PM
They do that. They are off I believe it is just the gases still reacting. They start to flicker then eventually go out.

Nothing to worry about.

Livi
23rd August 2009, 11:40 PM
thing is, i had just put them in and they went on.

i did sit them in for about 10 mins and they still went on, so i shall try again tomorrow.

Smitty
23rd August 2009, 11:54 PM
I'll 2nd Ben's words...my Angel Eye Sidelight take about 15 minutes to fully switch off. Nothing to worry about.

Forbes
23rd August 2009, 11:55 PM
Basically all the Minis were running the LEDs or Halos, they use such a little amount of charge. Seriously it is the gases in them. Have faith in me, mine have done it for over a year.

Gismo
24th August 2009, 12:12 AM
I have the halo sidelights and yep, they take ages to go off

Craig
24th August 2009, 07:34 AM
yeah, I will support what Ben, Smitty and Alan says. :thumbs up:

I used to get the local kids in the street ringing my door bell to tell me I had left my lights on (and various neighbours..:laugh:) They do take about 15mins to go out.

Also when you turn on the ignition, they flicker and flash like strobes... :yes nod::clap:

This has never caused a problem for me and never had a problem with a flat battery.. :thumbs up:

stoney
24th August 2009, 09:03 AM
i have led all round and never had a flat bat cos of them i also fine they react with a ford key fob when i open or close my van they flash at the same time

Livi
24th August 2009, 10:39 AM
Thanks guys,

put them in this morning before heading to work and left them in and checked back an hour later, and there off..... its just a thing you think of "will this run out my battery?!" but all seems fine now - thanks all :D

Burple
24th August 2009, 11:43 AM
Glad they went out after all! ;) I was starting to wonder on Sat! :D
sorry I wasn't about.. but I had a massive steak to scoff! :laugh::laugh:

Livi
24th August 2009, 01:02 PM
Glad they went out after all! ;) I was starting to wonder on Sat! :D
sorry I wasn't about.. but I had a massive steak to scoff! :laugh::laugh:

aye, i was away to raid your house for some steak, but you were in perth so i left it :hand:

G19RNT
31st August 2009, 08:25 PM
my led lights flash when i start the car will be getting done for impersonating police lol think its sumit to do with having my usa side marker lights wired to sidelights they dont stay on when car is switched off tho

The Dogfather
31st August 2009, 08:29 PM
I put some in the Audi yesterday and they came up as being blown, so I swapped the polarity but still no. I think the resistance is too low, so they register as being blown.