PDA

View Full Version : MOBILE PHONE UNLOCKING

Wul
18th May 2004, 07:18 PM
Following a slight encounter between my 1 month old Nokia 3300 and a road gully at the weekend :I:clown: I am now looking to buy a replacement handset from ebay.

However most of the ones on sale are locked to Orange and i'm on O2.

So has anyone out there had any success using one of the many websites who claim to give you the unlock codes for £3.95 by email?

Or can you recommend a place that does it?

Cheers folks

Monsta Mo Mini
18th May 2004, 07:23 PM
Any of the wee stolen property shops on Leith Walk would do it . Just look out for the queue of Neds clutching handfuls of nicked mobiles and you'll be on the right track.

Scottie
18th May 2004, 07:47 PM
What phone r u getting.

Wul
18th May 2004, 08:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini

Any of the wee stolen property shops on Leith Walk would do it . Just look out for the queue of Neds clutching handfuls of nicked mobiles and you'll be on the right track.

Now now MMM - they may have a legitimate reason for going there!

like cash for a new burberry cap!:p

Wul
18th May 2004, 08:28 PM
quote:Originally posted by thornef

What phone r u getting.

looking to get same as i just killed on saturday :(- a nokia 3300 mp3 phone.:clown:

GAJ
18th May 2004, 09:09 PM
The shops in Leith charge a tenner. I believe there is software available which will work out the unlock codes for some Nokias available if you know where to look. If the phones that are for sale are particularly cheap remember that if they may have had an 'interesting history' that the network operators can permanetly block the IMEI number and the phone is impossible to unlock.
In 4 years of trading on eBay I have only had any bother twice (eventually sorted both times but only after a bit of hassle) and both times it was with cheap mobiles!

Saying that I bought a T610 on eBay a few weeks back which was a very fair price, brand new and unopened! Well chuffed with it! (I was jealous of Macblobs!)

duncan
18th May 2004, 09:31 PM
You aint seen me..... right! (http://www.unlockme.co.uk/unlockme.html);)

Wul
18th May 2004, 10:35 PM
Duncan - you have mail!