PDA

View Full Version : Pulling to the left

Claire_Bear
22nd August 2009, 03:25 PM
Ok, heres goes my rant.

I thought it was because I had two different tyre makes on the front but no, this is not the problem.

It's had a KDC?! check. AKA alignment check at Fairbairns in Giffnock. No luck.

Took it to an independent garage (friend of the family), he showed me the underneath of the car and nothing wrong visibly. He used to work for Honda and cannot see any fault with the car although he did say I should get a 4 point alignment? and take the print out to mini and say " Fix it! "

So. The diagnosis was. Claire, it's dangerous you shouldn't really be driving the car if it pulls so much.

I thought it was a gentle pull but all my passengers have been very surprised at the severity of it.

So... The car is getting booked into Fairbairns in Irvine for Friday (fingers crossed). So... I may not be able to make the run pending the outcome.

To make matters worse. Giffnock are wiping their hands of the car after this alignment check. They said this is the last one they are doing. Well... really. Thats just not good enough. If it's not the alignment I'll be telling them to keep the car until it's fixed.

This pulling problem has been there since day 1 so it's upto them to fix it. Plus it still has 9 months labour and parts warranty.

:( My mini adventure has taken a detour down to pantsville :sad:

GCA3N
22nd August 2009, 03:38 PM
Ok, heres goes my rant.

I thought it was because I had two different tyre makes on the front but no, this is not the problem.

It's had a KDC?! check. AKA alignment check at Fairbairns in Giffnock. No luck.

Took it to an independent garage (friend of the family), he showed me the underneath of the car and nothing wrong visibly. He used to work for Honda and cannot see any fault with the car although he did say I should get a 4 point alignment? and take the print out to mini and say " Fix it! "

So. The diagnosis was. Claire, it's dangerous you shouldn't really be driving the car if it pulls so much.

I thought it was a gentle pull but all my passengers have been very surprised at the severity of it.

So... The car is getting booked into Fairbairns in Irvine for Friday (fingers crossed). So... I may not be able to make the run pending the outcome.

To make matters worse. Giffnock are wiping their hands of the car after this alignment check. They said this is the last one they are doing. Well... really. Thats just not good enough. If it's not the alignment I'll be telling them to keep the car until it's fixed.

This pulling problem has been there since day 1 so it's upto them to fix it. Plus it still has 9 months labour and parts warranty.

:( My mini adventure has taken a detour down to pantsville :sad:

Another sad mini story hope things get sorted, p[retty sure if the car is under warranty they are liable to sort it out. Let me konw on saturday what happens, all the best