PDA

View Full Version : Bad minis in St. Andrews...

Julz
17th May 2004, 03:53 PM
While cruising through St. Andys on saturday, I passed 4 minis, and only one waved, WHAT'S THE STORY????:mad::mad::eek:

monkimagic
17th May 2004, 07:19 PM
The story is the same all over, people dont get it, they get into there MINI and dare I say it, its just another car to them. nae idea why !!!!

Monki

ps : keep chippin away at them though

Big Col
17th May 2004, 07:39 PM
It's not the fact they don't wave back at a flashing MINI that astounds me. It's the fact they don't wave back at a cute non-blonde chick who's waving at them??? What IS going on in St. Andrews???

(it had to happen, using my moderator powers to remind you that I ain't got blonde hair!!:eek::kiss:)

Starky
17th May 2004, 08:00 PM
Maybe they're just scared of the "Scary monster"

Burple
17th May 2004, 08:01 PM
This is really scary...
Where were all you people, and at what time on Saturday was this?
I passed thru Inverkeithing AND visited St Andrews on Saturday evening..

I never saw any of you.. I *DID* however see the Stouffer lookee-likey - somewhere in mid Fife I think... but they didn't play either.... hmph.. :disapprove:
But the 3 Danish Morgans (with the tops down :cool:) gave me big cheesy grins and waves when I gave them the thumbs up going across the FRB!! :D:D

Duncan Stewart
17th May 2004, 08:35 PM
To be honest most people in Minis just give you a blank look now if you flash or wave at them :disapprove: . I tend not to bother now (unless I recognise it as a NMS car) but I always try to return a wave or flash - if I'm quick enough :I ;) .

Fontal
17th May 2004, 09:08 PM
I have always waved to the MINI's up here and they are only just starting to wave back (mostly women mind you, must be my devilishly good looks :D) persistance is what you need.

macblob
17th May 2004, 09:16 PM
Over 90% of the MINIs in Edinburgh never wave back ,just give ya icey looks instead......keep having to try and remember not to wave at minis anymore as people will think im a nutter cau7se im not even driving one :D

Big Col
17th May 2004, 09:29 PM
quote:Originally posted by Big Col

(it had to happen, using my moderator powers to remind you that I ain't got blonde hair!!:eek::kiss:)

See! You complimant a girl, call her cute and point out that it's amazing these people ain't falling out of their cars to wave back. What do you get for your trouble? Abuse that you got their hair colour wrong, despite the fact that it's not the same colour for more that 17 minutes! Wimen!!! Sheesh!:blackeye::(

GAJ
17th May 2004, 10:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by Fontal

I have always waved to the MINI's up here and they are only just starting to wave back (mostly women mind you, must be my devilishly good looks :D) persistance is what you need.

The blacked out windows probably help!;)

Bazthemod
17th May 2004, 11:00 PM
What about making a flyer which we could give to the MINI dealers to hand them to new customers?:) Then they would know why they are being waved at and what they are missing out on! :cool:

Also how about these inside window stickers we talked about ages ago to identify peeps from here? Anymore thoughts?

Burple
17th May 2004, 11:53 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bazthemod

What about making a flyer which we could give to the MINI dealers to hand them to new customers?:)

ummm... I actually did this at JC's one Sunday afternoon, to a rather attractive young lady, as she was ordering a Mini..

she looked a bit bewildered.. hmmm..
Like Fontal says.. must've been the dashing good looks...

Never heard from her on here anyway!! heh..;):D:cool::blackeye:

Big Col
18th May 2004, 12:03 AM
quote:[i]
Never heard from her on here anyway!! heh..;):D:cool::blackeye:

<flutters eyelids> I was just too shy to tell you! I was Collette back then. :kiss:

Burple
18th May 2004, 10:03 PM
quote:
<flutters eyelids> I was just too shy to tell you! I was Collette back then. :kiss:

OMG!!! Now it all falls into place....

but how did they get all 7 foot 19 of you into those totty wee tight jeans??
(explains the squeaky wee voice I suppose...) ;)

That blonde wig was pretty classy tho.. ;):kiss:;)

monkimagic
19th May 2004, 01:50 AM

What about making a flyer which we could give to the MINI dealers to hand them to new customers?:) Then they would know why they are being waved at and what they are missing out on! :cool:

Also how about these inside window stickers we talked about ages ago to identify peeps from here? Anymore thoughts?

They have flyers on here that look good and can be printed, cant remember where though :I , I have got some in the car and have been known to place them on MINIs

Monki

Julz
19th May 2004, 03:58 AM

Don't know about anyone else, but when I got my mini, I received a thing on mini etiquette (SP!!) through the post and it told you about waving etc.....

p.s. Big C, I've had the same 4 colours in my hair for about 3 months now (and yes, all 4 at once, oo-er!! Hows that for commitment!!);):D

Big Col
19th May 2004, 03:55 PM
You've had 4 coulours in your hair for 3 months and not one of them is Blonde?? How unlucky can a guy get?? ;)

Julz
19th May 2004, 08:15 PM
One of the colours is 'honey', not quite blonde, but near enough!! happy??;):D

Big Col
20th May 2004, 06:51 PM
WOO HOO! Honey's close enough for me. :D