PDA

View Full Version : JCW Performance....by the book?

Eggy7496
18th August 2009, 07:31 AM
Hey Folks,

I wondered what would be your opinion on the new JCW regards its REAL performance against what they report in the brochure...

I'm pretty positive my current Cooper S is quicker than they say...i remember discussing that a while back on NMS...

So for the JCW owners in here....anyone know a realistic 0-60 time? And, a true reflection of what the BHP figure actually is?

PS.... Anyone ever removed their rear seats for a while? If so, is it difficult? And, does anyone know how much the rear seats weigh?

Many thanks folks for your input,
EJ

ianking
18th August 2009, 08:19 AM
Rear seats dead easy to remove, however no idea why you would actually want to do this for all the weight it would save.

I think my car feels faster than the book suggests. My car before the factory JCW was a 130i M Sport and it was quick but on the move the JCW feels quicker. My car before the 130 was an R56 S and it seemed quicker than the book would suggest. I put that car on the rolling road when it had only 600 miles on it and it gave a reading of something like 195 bhp. It was a standard S. Happy days.
Over on other forums folks have rolling roaded factory JCWs and had reading of around 230 bhp

Eggy7496
18th August 2009, 05:11 PM
Thats why i was enquiring about how much the rear seats weigh before making the decision whether to take them out or not...obviously they dont weigh enough... which is decent as it saves a job!

Thats pretty mental that ppl are getting 230 BHP from a factory JCW.... surely then...does that mean the JCW will do 0-60 quicker than the brochure stated 6.2 secs? (cant remember if that was to 60 or 62)....

EJ

ianking
18th August 2009, 09:21 PM
Im sure book says 6.1 to 62 but it feels quicker

KenL
18th August 2009, 09:27 PM
Has anyone tested JCW or R56S quicker than the claimed figures?

MINI USA site quotes 6.7s and 6.2s for 0 - 60mph (not 62.5mph).