PDA

View Full Version : Claire Bear - From the 'Shire

Claire_Bear
16th August 2009, 06:50 PM
Hi All,

Names Claire, stay approx 30mins from Glasgow.

Purchased my Mini Cooper S on the 28th May 2009.

Loved every minute while driving it. Such a fun car :)

Pity the Harry Fairbairn Giffnock Garage have made it such a miserable process.

At the moment I've not done anything to it. Just a decal on the side.

Will get some pics up within the next few days.

Forgot the spec

Black-Eye Purple
1.6 S
06 Plate
22K on the clock
Panoramic sunroof

Problems to date: spoiler had to be resprayed (burnt through paint when polished by Giffnock), rear drivers quarter panel scuffed by Giffnock, 3 different makes of tyres... courtesy of Giffnock, no lockin nut provided, broken sunroof... That is all - I think

TheDoctor46
16th August 2009, 07:00 PM
:welcome:
and yes, get some pics up asap!!! Whats the problem with the dealer that made the process sooo bad??

Claire_Bear
16th August 2009, 07:20 PM
Customer service hasn't been upto much at all to be fair.

Got the mini with a lot of problems, theres a wee list above.

At the moment I'm running a Dunlop on the left side and a Pirelli on the right. A dunlop on the rear left and a goodyear on the back right. So... I was a bit puzzled when I drove the car home and felt a pull to the left. I put it back in to the Giffnock garage. They had "fixed" it. I drove it home. Still pulled. Then I saw the tyres and though... oh... that may be the problem.

So I managed to twist their arm and get a locking nut from them at the weekend there so I'll be changing the two dunlops to the front to see if it makes a difference.

It's made my mini adventure a rather poor one :(

Stewart
16th August 2009, 07:38 PM
Hi and Welcome…..So when you say your paint etc burnt and scuffed was this done after you purchased it and when they were prepping it for you. Only ask as I’m putting my wee Cooper in for a service there and going to ask then not to touch it other than the service. The cars on the front lot are a total mess. I bought my car from Menzies and I told them just to leave it, I did not want it cleaned..

The person receiving the car will be getting told there is no dents or scuffs…
:blush:

Claire_Bear
16th August 2009, 07:49 PM
I'd tell them not to touch it. You know your car and know how to clean it to your standard.

My rear quarter looks like it's been washed with a brillo pad. Yummy! Lol.

This was done to the car during "prep"

I inspected the Mini before purchase and after purchase. It was like night and day.

It's a shame because the purple is a really nice colour but it feels ruined now. Just superficial though. It can be fixed.

Personally I would not goto the Giffnock garage ever again unless I absolutely had to. Im avoiding it at all costs.

They sell cars well but the after care is poor.

If it's just in for a standard service it should be ok but be sure to check your mileage before you put it in. My mini had extra mileage on it when I got it back.

GOOD LUCK!!

MINI William
16th August 2009, 08:15 PM
Looks very nice :yes nod:and welcome to NMS.Sure mayb I seen you last sunday

Claire_Bear
16th August 2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks

You seen me?!

Not sure where I was last Sunday. Can't really remember what I had for tea tonight never mind last Sunday lol.

Think you stay a bit away from me? I'm over the West Coast.

AeroJonny
16th August 2009, 08:34 PM
You can't be surprised by the poor show at fairbairns when you take into account it's just another arnold clark garage.

That being said, I use Fairbairn's Irvine dealership for servicing etc when I'm at home and they're pretty damn good for aftersales!

MINI William
16th August 2009, 08:35 PM
I was heading through to the west on the M74 was a BEP cooper s prob wasent you just that thers not alot about

Claire_Bear
16th August 2009, 08:38 PM
To be fair. When I went to Irvine on Sunday the guy at the parts department was helpful.

I'll be taking my mini to the Irvine branch for a service in a month or so. It's just down the road from me. First service since I bought it so glad to hear they're better than Giffnock.

Stewart
16th August 2009, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the Info…Thinking now I’ll say at the garage that way they might remember my requests. Still fancy a go in an S.

Why these garages do not have a proper detailer :argh:as apposed to a valeter, who lets face it could be anyone with a bucket of water……..The Clubmans on the lot were shocking.

Craig
16th August 2009, 08:57 PM
Welcome to NMS Claire :welcome:

another Black Eye Purple motor.. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

I have had pretty much the same kinda issues as you (bad paintwork, broken sunroof and a mechanical issue). The last two are what the car is going back into the dealership tomorrow for, along with a faulty boot release which failed this week and I had to call out MINI Emergency.. :rolleyes::argh:

Hope to see you on a run. :thumbs up:

Mini Ecosse
16th August 2009, 10:03 PM
Hi, :welcome:

Smitty
16th August 2009, 10:23 PM
Welcome :bigwave:

I had a few teething problems when I picked mine up too (faulty rear light cluster, full coolant system failure, rubbish valet/paintwork). It's put a bit a dampener on the "new car" feeling, but stick with it. Once you get it all fixed....these cars are BRILLIANT FUN :D :D

stoney
16th August 2009, 10:26 PM
:welcome: i am around your area so may see you about :thumbs up:

D3 JDA
16th August 2009, 10:37 PM
Welcome to NMS claire get your name down for a run soon:thumbs :bigwave::thumbs up::clap::clap:

audrey
16th August 2009, 11:10 PM
Hi Claire :bigwave:

GCA3N
17th August 2009, 06:12 AM
Welcome to NMS Claire :welcome:

another Black Eye Purple motor.. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

I have had pretty much the same kinda issues as you (bad paintwork, broken sunroof and a mechanical issue).

Do you think there i a common theme here is it possible that both your cars were targeted for their colour:Whistle:

Ivano
17th August 2009, 09:37 AM
Hello and :welcome:

AndyP & Lenore
17th August 2009, 09:53 AM

Gismo
17th August 2009, 10:15 AM
:welcome: not the best start to your MINI adventure

zimbo
17th August 2009, 10:56 AM
Welcome to the site Claire, hopefully your mini experience will only get better :thumbs up:

NorthSea888
17th August 2009, 11:39 AM
Nice Car !!! :welcome:

Claire_Bear
17th August 2009, 04:19 PM
Thanks you guys for the very warm welcome :thumbs up:

Greig!! - Yur a Largs man, watch what your saying about my precious mini, I know where you stay :lol: I work in Largs so probably see you about.

Craig BEP is the best colour to get - I'll be putting a few noses out of joint here, hehe. Polishes up really well, nice and glossy. I'm a bit of a cleaning pervert.

It's a shame to hear a few other folk have had some paintwork problems. At the moment it's not bothering me too much but I'm a bit of a perfectionist so no doubt I'll get it fixed at some point.

The S is great fun to drive and sound amazing. Pops nicely when I drive into the street. Gets the looks as well :)

Had a wee flick through the gallery so fingers crossed I can start with the modifications soon. All input would be greatly appreciated.

Delboy
17th August 2009, 04:34 PM
:welcome: Hope your mini experience improves - I had a poor start myself :sad: but it's all behind me now, I hope :D

GCA3N
17th August 2009, 07:19 PM
Thanks you guys for the very warm welcome :thumbs up:

Greig!! - Yur a Largs man, watch what your saying about my precious mini, I know where you stay :lol: I work in Largs so probably see you about.

Actually moved 2 weeks ago back to Arran , but my mum owns a hairdressers/boutique in the town so will still be about. Only winding the big man up about his choice of colour.;)

baptie
17th August 2009, 07:27 PM
*waves* @ Claire

Welcome along Claire, hope you enjoy your stay.

crackin motor, will keep an eye out for you.

Claire_Bear
17th August 2009, 08:16 PM
Lol I know your mums shop!!! I love the bags in there. Discount my way :thumbs up:

Purple can be for boys too... he's just in touch with his femine side ;) Only jokin Craig

Hamish
17th August 2009, 08:24 PM
:welcome: ... enjoy your stay, we're a friendly bunch... oh and I love your choice of username... :thumbs up:

Craig
17th August 2009, 09:14 PM
Lol I know your mums shop!!! I love the bags in there. Discount my way :thumbs up:

Purple can be for boys too... he's just in touch with his femine side ;) Only jokin Craig

Thick skin me... ;) some would say just thick... :laugh:

Big Gordy
17th August 2009, 10:57 PM
Thick skin me... ;) some would say just thick... :laugh:

Not so thick around the middle now tho are we SLIM:Whistle:

shaunbhoy67
18th August 2009, 10:26 AM
welcome :thumbs up:

S111_SOT
18th August 2009, 02:31 PM

Crombers
18th August 2009, 03:32 PM
some would say just thick... :laugh:

Well...................yes :thumbs up:

Welcome to NMSland Claire

(& eh.........what's the 'Bear' bit about?)

Claire_Bear
18th August 2009, 04:14 PM
Claire Bear because I'm like a teddy bear and always good for a cuddle :D

Just a nickname thats stuck with me.

Hamish
18th August 2009, 06:33 PM

It's cool... I wouldnt shout about being always good for a cuddle, there'll be a queue of NMS memebers to your car at the 1st meet haha :D

Enjoy your stay, I've got to know some great people on here... was well worth joining up. :thumbs up:

Duncan Stewart
18th August 2009, 07:58 PM

RyanK
18th August 2009, 08:14 PM
Welcome

Crombers
19th August 2009, 03:56 PM

Ah great, cool :thumbs up:

Was thinking of other 'bears' that often frequent this site :Whistle:

Get yer name down for the HOB run, that'll see you 'in with the bricks' :yes nod:

GCA3N
19th August 2009, 07:39 PM

Does that mean your hairy with sticky oot ears:Whistle::p

Colin
19th August 2009, 11:07 PM

AlanJRobson
20th August 2009, 06:41 PM
Welcome along..

I'm through in Ayr a few times a month..shall give you a flash if i see you.

Claire_Bear
20th August 2009, 07:27 PM
Lol hairy with sticky out ears. Aye not far off it :thumbs up:

I'm not really down Ayr way much. I'm up North Ayrshire rather than South.

Give us a flash tho, sometimes down that way.

Crombers... a wee bit feart about putting my name down for a run just yet :sad:

GCA3N
20th August 2009, 07:32 PM
Crombers... a wee bit feart about putting my name down for a run just yet :sad:

The site is gr8 but the runs are, for me anyway, the best bit.

Claire_Bear
20th August 2009, 07:35 PM
Hehe but I'm awfa shy :blush:

Just thought it'd be best I'm a more established member before I head out on a run.

GCA3N
20th August 2009, 07:40 PM

Just thought it'd be best I'm a more established member before I head out on a run.

Stop being daft, every run there are the old timers and loads of first timers, Del is on his 2nd run I'm on my 4th and there are I'm sure other 1st timers. You really will love it, I can never stop smiling on these runs, see loads and loads of minis together is actually really cool, besides need some normal Ayrshire folks to make up for the weirdo fyfer's, east coasters and northerns:Whistle::lol:. Get is sorted Clair. We are leaving from glasgow if you want to convoy.

Claire_Bear
20th August 2009, 07:48 PM
Let me think about it :thumbs up:

GCA3N
20th August 2009, 07:49 PM
:yes nod::thumbs up:

Stewart
20th August 2009, 07:53 PM

Here I’m shy and everyone is great on the runs. Next Sunday that will be my forth run and fifth outing with the crowd if you include the festival of speed. I did my first two runs within a week….and one was heading to the very north of Scotland with these dafties.

Greigs right all you do is smile……….Plus its great seeing all the cars and what the Members do to them.

Craig
20th August 2009, 08:10 PM
claire. I will be offended if as another bep owner you dont come on a run. :(

As other have said its a great laugh and everyone is very friendly. :-) :-) go on you know its makes sense. :-)

Claire_Bear
20th August 2009, 08:11 PM
Well I had no plans for the mini but now I've got this mad obsession with carbon fibre.

Pricing the JCW Scoop, door handles, petrol cap and mirror (with the indicators on the side).

I don't have Sat Nav so I think that's contributing to the fear. Just hoping I don't get lost lol.

AndyP & Lenore
20th August 2009, 08:26 PM
Well I had no plans for the mini but now I've got this mad obsession with carbon fibre.

Pricing the JCW Scoop, door handles, petrol cap and mirror (with the indicators on the side).

I don't have Sat Nav so I think that's contributing to the fear. Just hoping I don't get lost lol.

Claire, Lenore and I are organising the Heart Of The Borders (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=16550) run on Sunday 30th August. We always look after new "runners" and would make sure someone who is more used to runs looks after you on the run to make sure you take the right turns etc. Also, it's not a race, it's a social run around the countryside. So, if you would like to attend, you're more than welcome and I promise you will be looked after.:thumbs up:

A.:D