PDA

View Full Version : Moto GP, Brno.........

TheDoctor46
16th August 2009, 02:41 PM
And that, Mr Lorenzo, is only ONE of the reasons that it is silly of you to ask for the same Wage as Mr Rossi :D

O another note, Stoner out for nearly 2 months, illness could be stress related!!! I wonder if he'll come back as good as or if thats the best we've seen from him?? Or maybe WHEN Rossi retires his 'stress' will fade away??

Hamish
16th August 2009, 02:46 PM
i've thought for some time that Stoner has lost the plot, Rossi has got inside his brain and messed it up a little.

Stoner does nothing but moan and whinge these days, he's damn good, and yes I think he has been ill, but even before that, when Rossi made that pass at Laguna and up until the point his illness was making him weak and tired he was moaning an awful lot.

TheDoctor46
16th August 2009, 02:58 PM
I've always said that since Yamaha (and the rest of the field) caught up with Ducati, that Stoner wouldnt Win another Title, not with Rossi still in the game anyway.
Although i highly rate Stoner as a rider, he has always been a whinger as soon as things dont go his way. Yeah, people will say Rossi whined and whined about getting the Bridgestones, but everybody else (bar the peeps already on Bstones!) agreed that the Michelins could no longer compete at there level, to the point that it was getting dangerous.
The doctors (not Rossi! :lol:), mentioned something about Stoner being Anemic (spelling??)
which in turn is related to stress, which doesnt help him at all!! Imagine the stress these guys must be under?? Plus, most of the GP fan base 'seems' to have taking a dislike to him, which i'm guessing, would only make things worse??
Anyway, i honestly do wish him all the best, i hope he comes back better than ever because lets be honest, it is ALOT more exciting when he's around!!! :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Hamish
16th August 2009, 03:12 PM
seeing him and rossi mixing it again would be excellent.

I like Jorge, its a shame he is prone to binning it, the lads quick... as long as he doesnt hurt himself too severely I think he'll settle down eventually and progress.

Rossi is just phenomenal though, I've loved every minute of watching him progress and come up through the ranks.

I hope Stoner is back soon... not only is he fun to watch, his wife is stunning too an where he is... she's normally makes an appearance haha, I can put up with his whining when his wifes around haha.

TheDoctor46
16th August 2009, 03:19 PM
Basically, Lorenzo is The Apprentice.
He's still young and got alot to learn, and for sure he's got a hell of alot of success coming his way, i've no doubt about that!!
But it was too very silly mistakes, at Donnington it was the white line that caught him out and today, he was WAY too wide going into that turn.
He must be thinking to himself "what do i need to do to beat that barsteward!!!"
I'm in full agreement with you regarding Stacey Moaners wife Hamish!!! :lol:

Smitty
16th August 2009, 04:51 PM
What a tool Jorge is....that was set up to be an amazing finish (with the Doctor coming out on top of course ;)) but he goes and drops it low side. He's quick, bu he really does have a lot to learn.

At least he got to try out his new Airbag suit :moonie: :laugh:

TheDoctor46
16th August 2009, 05:57 PM
What a tool Jorge is....that was set up to be an amazing finish (with the Doctor coming out on top of course ;)) but he goes and drops it low side. He's quick, bu he really does have a lot to learn.

At least he got to try out his new Airbag suit :moonie: :laugh:

I wouldnt go as far as saying he's a tool. He's under a sh1t load of pressure being Rossi's team mate, living in his shadow so to speak, so i'd say it was purely down pressure. He has got alot to learn but then so has the WHOLE grid if you compare them to Rossi.
I'd go as far to say that he'll push Rossi ALOT more next year than he has this year and i wouldnt be surprised if he beats him??

Smitty
16th August 2009, 10:12 PM
I wouldnt go as far as saying he's a tool. He's under a sh1t load of pressure being Rossi's team mate, living in his shadow so to speak, so i'd say it was purely down pressure. He has got alot to learn but then so has the WHOLE grid if you compare them to Rossi.
I'd go as far to say that he'll push Rossi ALOT more next year than he has this year and i wouldnt be surprised if he beats him??

I think I'd agree with you on that - whether he can beat him will depend on whether he can keep his bike upright consistently.

Big Gordy
17th August 2009, 08:55 AM
Casey was a bit like Lorenzo a couple of seasons ago remember:Whistle:was VERY quick but rather prone to chucking it down the road:rolleyes: They say you can train a quick guy not to crash but you can't train a slow guy to go quicker.....so I suppose he's in the right place:hand: I think it was a smart move, yet again, by Vale to let him past to see just how fast he thought he was:yes nod: One thing tho, I don't think Toseland will be there next year tho as he's just not doing it this year which is a pity:frown:

Gismo
17th August 2009, 10:25 AM
A great race with so many talking points, no less than Elias's podium finish sticking 2 fingers up to Honda.

Jorge has a lot to learn about tactics and track position that he should just suck it up and live in Rossi's shadow until he retires and then reap teh benefits.

Toseland is in dire straights methinks

zimbo
17th August 2009, 11:15 AM
Yup great race yesterday, Rossi was cool as a cucumber, Lorenzo was trying to hard and just out braked himself I think got off the racing due to leaving his braking too late and got onto the dirty side of the track and down he went. But I too agree he is still young and new to this game and has a great future ahead of him assuming he watches and learns from his (current) team mate!!
Just wonder where he is going to be next year with all the rumours going around and no 100% confirmation from anyone about where he is or isnt going to be next season...

Well done to Elias, great race from him as well and as Gismo said a kind of two finger salute to Honda :D

Toseland sadly I also think its curtains for him next season and think he will prob be seen in WSB and not here in MOTO-GP

I am really looking forward to seeing what Bautista (going to Suzuki) and Simoncelli (going to Honda) will be like coming into MOTO-GP from the 250s?

:clap:

Big Gordy
17th August 2009, 12:06 PM
The biggest thing next year is gonna be the 6 engines for 18 races ruling:eek:

TheDoctor46
17th August 2009, 12:21 PM
Jorge has a lot to learn about tactics and track position that he should just suck it up and live in Rossi's shadow until he retires and then reap the benefits.

Toseland is in dire straights methinks

Couldnt agree with you more.
Especially on the Toseland front!! I've always said, i honestly dont think he has what it takes to be successful in MotoGP. He's awesome on a Superbike, no question, but i dont think he has what it takes for the big league.
If you watched him in WSB and now MotoGP, i can hardly notice a difference in his riding style??? He still tends to move ALOT more on the bike, looks like he's throwing it around more than the rest of the field??
Imho, he'd be ALOT more successful in WSB if he went back there, especially if Spies is rumoured to come to MotoGP.

TheDoctor46
17th August 2009, 12:22 PM
The biggest thing next year is gonna be the 6 engines for 18 races ruling:eek:

Yip, it'll be interesting to see how that effects the reliability!!

Big Gordy
17th August 2009, 12:43 PM
Yamaha will be more worried about Lorenzo bouncing ther bikes through the kitty litter:eek: There's always the chance it will suck something into the engine and as far as I can make out the factories are not allowed too strip the engine to make sure they can only stick a scope in and see if anythings been damaged:thud:No burn-outs as well....too much stress on the motor:frown:

zimbo
17th August 2009, 03:10 PM
Well next year is DEFINATELY going to be interesting if anything... :D

TheDoctor46
17th August 2009, 04:35 PM
as far as I can make out the factories are not allowed too strip the engine to make sure they can only stick a scope in and see if anythings been damaged:thud:No burn-outs as well....too much stress on the motor:frown:

Yip, no strip downs whatsoever. If engines are to be checked, then its out with the scopes!!!
Should make things alot more interesting!! I think thats why Rossi was so gutted about throwing it down the road during Qualifying!!

Big Gordy
17th August 2009, 10:49 PM
Did you see Lorenzo's with his race suit all inflated:eek: Made him look like a mini muscle man:laugh:It's supposed to deflate after 10 seconds but I don't think it did:lol:

zimbo
18th August 2009, 09:40 AM
Did you see Lorenzo's with his race suit all inflated:eek: Made him look like a mini muscle man:laugh:It's supposed to deflate after 10 seconds but I don't think it did:lol:

Think that was just because the leather was stretched out by the airbag device Gordy :D

Big Gordy
18th August 2009, 11:05 AM
Think that was just because the leather was stretched out by the airbag device Gordy :D

Nah......reports say he would have struggled to continue, even if his bike hadn't been too badly damaged, due to his suit not deflating:Whistle: They recon it saved him from a possible broken collarbone tho which is a good thing:clap:

Big Gordy
19th August 2009, 02:58 PM
I'm reading that Ducati (or should that be Marlboro:rolleyes:) have offered Lorenzo a £13m 2 year deal to go ride with them next year:eek::eek:

zimbo
20th August 2009, 05:26 PM
I'm reading that Ducati (or should that be Marlboro:rolleyes:) have offered Lorenzo a £13m 2 year deal to go ride with them next year:eek::eek:

:eek: I'll do it for half that Marlboro/Ducati :yes nod: who am I kidding, I'll do it for £1m...

zimbo
25th August 2009, 02:03 PM
Well Lorenzo has signed with Yamaha again for 2010 :clap:

Fiat Yamaha 1 + 2 again next season :lol:

Big Gordy
25th August 2009, 02:35 PM
Everything should settle down now with regards to next years rider lin-up:yes nod:
We just need to know what Yamaha are gonna do with Ben Spies now as that will determine what happens to Toseland assuming Yamaha don't just dump him anyway and take Vermeulen or de Puniet who have both offered their services for free:eek: