PDA

View Full Version : help !!

m8cxc
15th August 2009, 03:02 PM
hi guys , i know a few of you on here work offshore, hubby goin next week to do his survival course and medical in aberdeen hoping to get work on the rigs as a rigger as he is a steel erector to trade, also has loads other tickets slinger banksman etc, anyway the ? is wheres the best sites to look for jobs?thanks in advance and how difficult is it to get work offshore ?

GCA3N
15th August 2009, 04:23 PM
hi guys , i know a few of you on here work offshore, hubby goin next week to do his survival course and medical in aberdeen hoping to get work on the rigs as a rigger as he is a steel erector to trade, also has loads other tickets slinger banksman etc, anyway the ? is wheres the best sites to look for jobs?thanks in advance and how difficult is it to get work offshore ?

I am on the Brent fields offshore and to be honest if you had asked this question 12-18 months ago it would be different. Work offshore is becoming harder to get, we have noticed it is quieter that usual. I will ask out here see if anything is going and let you know. Places to look are Oil and gas jobs, Woodgroup engineering, Salamis, I 'll find out more and let you know.

m8cxc
15th August 2009, 04:42 PM
brilliant greig thanks a lot :thumbs up:

GCA3N
15th August 2009, 04:48 PM
just went and spoke to the Scaffolding /rigging gaffer, and he has aked for your man's CV. He knows who to talk to so if you email me your C.V. then I will hand it to him and he will see what he can do. I will pm you my email.

m8cxc
15th August 2009, 05:28 PM
your a wee gem ta much will email it to you x

GCA3N
16th August 2009, 10:07 AM
Handed that in for u today, hope you get something sorted.

m8cxc
16th August 2009, 01:11 PM
thanks greig appreciate it ta much

KenL
16th August 2009, 08:16 PM
What a bril thing the MINI community is.

Well done to you Greig :thumbs up:, and good luck to your man Carol.

m8cxc
16th August 2009, 08:34 PM
thanks for that ken yes it is a brill thing the mini community amazing what can be done when you ask a simple ? cant thank greig enough for his help

GCA3N
17th August 2009, 09:21 AM
What a bril thing the MINI community is.

Well done to you Greig :thumbs up:, and good luck to your man Carol.

Ah shucks:blush:, listen its like you say its a gr8 community to be in, and I am only doing what I would hope others would do for me if needed:clap:.

Gismo
17th August 2009, 10:41 AM
Not my line of work and have not worked in the North Sea for years, but, as Greig says, very hard to get a job these days due to major cut backs etc etc.
A good opportunity for the oil companies to get rid of the dead wood etc, sad as it seems.

Hopefully Greigs contact can help out :thumbs up:

m8cxc
17th August 2009, 12:43 PM
hi greig meant to ask you whats your honest opinion of the mans cv, think he has enough qualifications for that type job ? cheers :D

GCA3N
17th August 2009, 07:06 PM
hi greig meant to ask you whats your honest opinion of the mans cv, think he has enough qualifications for that type job ? cheers :D

Yes looked ok, this is not my dicipline, but I know the guy who is the gaffer for that department, he seemed to think it was fine. He did mention the bit about medical and offshore survival, so i said that he was doing it over the next 2 weeks. He said that was cool and would pass that on to the HR department. Like Alan says though it is tuff getting out here however, like i did, if you know someone who can get you a foot in the door then it makes a huge difference.