PDA

View Full Version : De-cat pipe and smoked rear lights

Fontal
17th May 2004, 12:09 AM
Does anybody out there know where I can get either of the above items:question:
The smoked rear lights I would prefer if I can get them cheaper than £200 If I can also who officialy sells them any way:question:

Cheers Richard

Gismo
17th May 2004, 01:13 AM
Richard, try These Guys (http://www.rspeed.net/mini/) that's where i got mine from, approx £35 including delivery.
They are a film that you apply to the existing lens, not sure if they still do it, but, worth an e-mail.
The film is legal in the UK, at least i've never been stopped etc :cool:

Fontal
17th May 2004, 05:04 PM
Thanks Alan,
The order has been placed $39.25 including delivery :D
one very chuffed gadgy :)

Gismo
17th May 2004, 05:13 PM
Luckily for me i got John at Apex to install them when i was getting my roof graphic done, he had to trim the film a bit to make it fit.
If you look very closely you can see the film edge, but, from a very short distance you don't see it.
If i'm honest, if it was me who was to be fitting the film i would remove the light cluster and do it on a bench or something :cool:

Fontal
2nd June 2004, 12:00 AM
Alan how long did it take for your light films to arrive, I placed the order on the 17th, the money has been taken but nothing through the post as yet :(

Gismo
2nd June 2004, 04:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by Fontal

Alan how long did it take for your light films to arrive, I placed the order on the 17th, the money has been taken but nothing through the post as yet :(Took about 2 weeks, just send them an e-mail :)

GAJ
2nd June 2004, 05:48 AM
Post from the States does seem pretty slow just now. I have been waiting a couple of weeks for some stuff too.

Fontal
2nd June 2004, 04:26 PM
Spoke to soon I got home and there they were lying in the shed just waiting to be fitted :)
I went along my mates house last night and fitted them in his garage, I took out both light clusters and held them in a vice, they were actualy very easy to fit and instead of cutting the film to size I used a heat gun to shrink the edges over.
I will get pics up as soon as I can get time from work I am going to be very busy for the next couple of days then its the car show this weekend.

john
3rd June 2004, 07:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

If i'm honest, :cool:

ROTFL:D:D:D