PDA

View Full Version : JCW Steering Wheel now as standard..

Eggy7496
14th August 2009, 01:51 PM
Hey folks,

I was just on the phone to my local dealership and was just told that the JCW Alcantara steering wheel is now standard on the JCW... that must be new.. anyone else know about that?

Cheers
EJ

MINI William
14th August 2009, 02:54 PM
Hey folks,

I was just on the phone to my local dealership and was just told that the JCW Alcantara steering wheel is now standard on the JCW... that must be new.. anyone else know about that?

Cheers
EJ

Been like that for a good few months now :smilewinkgrin:

ianking
14th August 2009, 03:44 PM
Yeah a couple months after I bought mine:sad:. You also get the JCW grey carpet mats as part of the chili pack as well.

Eggy7496
14th August 2009, 07:06 PM
Do you know if that steering wheel comes with the carbon inserts in it?

EJ

Livi
14th August 2009, 07:16 PM
if its standard now, i assume that the carbon inserts will be with it.

i do know, but dont quote me on this but last time i was looking for the carbon inserts with a multifunction steering wheel there was no inserts available.

i would need to speak to Neil (AndyP's Brother) as i priced up his steering wheel when he bought the JCW from us.

mikeythemini
14th August 2009, 07:37 PM
Mini don't do the carbon mfsw inserts but I do ;)

Neil and Lorna
14th August 2009, 10:15 PM
Only the bottom bit was available when we bought our car.

The multi function button bit looked a bit odd to begin with but we don't really notice it now.

Mikey, are the inserts you do the same weave pattern as the BMW or is it still the same as you showed us at our last visit ?

Neil.:D:D

Eggy7496
14th August 2009, 11:45 PM
Do you know then if you can choose to have the bottom carbon insert then? Thats the one with WORKS on it too...

EJ

mikeythemini
15th August 2009, 11:53 AM
We no have an exact match ;)

Neil and Lorna
15th August 2009, 03:17 PM
We no have an exact match ;)

I take it you mean now.

If so then :

Fandabidozy.

Will give you a call next week. :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::D

Neil.:D:D:D

Neil and Lorna
15th August 2009, 03:25 PM
Do you know then if you can choose to have the bottom carbon insert then? Thats the one with WORKS on it too...

EJ

Yes you can, had a wee look for a pic on my photobucket pages.
But they only show it before I swapped over to the C/F.

Neil. :thumbs up:

ianking
16th August 2009, 08:04 AM
The JCW from the factory has the alcantara wheel but they dont fit the carbon plates on the front from factory. You could however do this yourself.