PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know This Car?

alienwarez
13th August 2009, 02:28 PM
Hi all, am very interested to buy this Mini Cooper S that I have seen and have seen that the Car and Driver have been a part of this forum and wondered if I could have some more information on the Mini. Does anyone know more about it as it's in absolutely fantastic nick and looks brilliant.

Cheers all

Gismo
13th August 2009, 02:30 PM
I don't recognise the car, but, to help, wherabouts are you and the car based?

alienwarez
13th August 2009, 02:34 PM
Hi Gizmo

Thanks for the quick response. The car is currently in central london, unfortunately I like doing my homework on these types of things before I make a move. Especially seeing as the car has modifications such as Sat Nav different exhaust system, limited slip difs etc etc. I noticed on the car it had newminiscotland.co.uk badges and thought I would give you guys a shout. Just wondering if 77k miles an okay milage on a cooper s thats a 52 Reg?

ianking
13th August 2009, 03:11 PM
SV52 reg will more than likely have been either John Clarks at Aberdeen or Calterdon at Inverness registered new.
Perhaps give them a call and see if they can tell you any of the history about the car.

Livi
13th August 2009, 03:33 PM
Its a John Clark Aberdeen car

01224 335577 :thumbs up:

alienwarez
13th August 2009, 03:50 PM
Hey man, just spoken to them thank you, apparently the car had done 44616 on the clock by 2006 so quite a normal mileage car and was pretty highly specced from factory.

ianking
13th August 2009, 03:53 PM
just spotted it on autotrader.

Dont remember the car either and I have been on here since Oct 2003. The sticker at the top of the window is the standard NMS one but the big sticker at the bottom, never seen one of those before.

Not keen on the big exhausts either but each to their own.

alienwarez
13th August 2009, 03:55 PM
I'm desperate to try and establish who made the exhaust as hope its not some rubbish longlife exhaust. hoping for a milltek or better tbh but the company won't get back to me in regards to it yet.

Livi
13th August 2009, 04:05 PM
The car spec is as follows:

249 Multi-function on S/Wheel
214 * ASC + T
228 * Sports suspension PLUS
240 * Leather steering wheel
302 * Remote Control Alarm
327 * White Bonnet Stripes
369 * 17" S-Spoke Alloy Wheels
382 * Roof&Mirror Caps in White
403 * Elec Panoramic Glass Roof
423 * Velour Floor Mats
434 * Alloy Patina Look Trim
441 * Smoker Package
450 * Pass. Seat Height Adj.
481 * Sport Seats - Front
493 * Storage Compartment Pack
502 * Headlight Power Wash
520 * Front Foglights
522 * Xenon Headlights & Wash
530 * Air Conditioning Manual
546 * Central Rev. Counter
550 * Trip Computer
564 * Interior Light Pack
609 * Satellite Navigation
657 * Radio BOOST
672 * 6 Disc CD Boot Changer
812 * UK Specification
823 * Hot Clim Countries Vers
853 * Instrument Panel Letter
863 * Dealer Network - Europe
872 * CHILI Pack
877 * Remote Alarm Setting Only
880 * English Handbook
895 * Auxiliary fan

Craig
13th August 2009, 05:06 PM
That looks awfully like something Fi would have done to a car. The big NMS sticker on the bottom of the window Fi has done before... ;)

Also where did Martin Sullivans car go to? I know it had UJ wing mirrors. :confused:

Burple
13th August 2009, 05:14 PM
That looks awfully like something Fi would have done to a car. The big NMS sticker on the bottom of the window Fi has done before... ;)

Also where did Martin Sullivans car go to? I know it had UJ wing mirrors. :confused:

I was about to say it looks a lot like Sully's old car...

p.s.. the Exhaust looks very like a BlueFlame one.. there's some talk of them on Mini 2, try a google search for them..:thumbs up:

here's a LINKY! (http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m15b261s1192p3978) :thumbs up:

Craig
13th August 2009, 05:20 PM
I was about to say it looks a lot like Sully's old car...

Great "Black Eye Purpled" Minds think alike... :clap::clap:

Gismo
13th August 2009, 05:20 PM
I was about to say it looks a lot like Sully's old car...Didn't he have a UJ rear view mirror?

Eggy7496
13th August 2009, 05:26 PM
I agree that looks like Sully's car and i am pretty sure it is! I recognise everything on it... plus not seen him driving about in it in Aberdeen lately....

EJ

Craig
13th August 2009, 05:27 PM
Didn't he have a UJ rear view mirror?

yeah, but he may have taken it off to sell it.... Also those wheels look like the ones that AjamesJ (Andy) used to have on his Leccy Blue S. :thumbs up:

alienwarez
13th August 2009, 05:53 PM
Okay managed to find a bit more, its a powerflow exhaust, something I would get ripped straight off tbh. the wheels are also Heritage Replica Split Rims 18" this car is full the the "rims" with optional extras and looks a nice car? has this sully ever put pics of the car on this website?

Scottie
13th August 2009, 06:14 PM
looks like martins car to me

Scottie
13th August 2009, 06:21 PM
Yip defo Martins car I sold him that sticker.

The exhaust is a blue flame exhaust I had one on one of my cars and man it's loud:shut up:

alienwarez
13th August 2009, 06:34 PM
it is definately a blue flame as the dealer selling that car says it is a powerflow? This car had anything done to the engine apart from an exhaust if anyone knows an more. This certainly does look promising. Nice car.

Scottie
13th August 2009, 06:43 PM
it is definately a blue flame as the dealer selling that car says it is a powerflow? This car had anything done to the engine apart from an exhaust if anyone knows an more. This certainly does look promising. Nice car.

it might well be I just always thought it looked the same as the blue flame I had on my car.:blush:

t18tav
13th August 2009, 07:00 PM

last time i seen under the bonnet it had a bigger intercooler and an oil catch can, cant remember what els was done. but it was fast. :thumbs up:

alienwarez
13th August 2009, 07:11 PM
hope its not quicker than my mapped GTI 25th Anni running 206bhp :P else my girlfriend will have a faster car. lol

AndyP & Lenore
13th August 2009, 07:15 PM
I should imagine it will be significantly faster than your GTI. Solution: swap cars.:thumbs up:

A.:thumbs up:

alienwarez
13th August 2009, 07:21 PM
Doubt it would be that much faster.....my GTi pulls hard lol ;-)

Big Gordy
13th August 2009, 07:41 PM
If it is Martys car I'm sure it had a reduced pulley, bigger injectors, silicone intercooler boots and a larger intercooler. Did it not run on coilovers as well..?? It also had those group buy 18" from mini2, can't remember there name:frown: I certainly never saw it with those wheels on it:eek:
He's now cutting about in a Nissan 350Z:yes nod:

t18tav
13th August 2009, 08:00 PM
i am sure it will be sorry mate, but as said maybe try giving the bird the golf.

alienwarez
13th August 2009, 08:10 PM
just curious but how much hp would this probably push with these mods for insurance policy.

Scottie
13th August 2009, 08:12 PM
he had the Dares on the car. I had them also. Didn't he take some of the stuff off the car.

t18tav
13th August 2009, 08:28 PM
just curious but how much hp would this probably push with these mods for insurance policy.

try sending Martin Sullivan a PM as he still comes on here, just search for him in the community option and i am sure he can tell you all you need to know.
:computer::thumbs up:

Forbes
13th August 2009, 09:05 PM
He sold it. So is more than likely his. I believe it had around 250bhp last time I heard. Not sure if he changed anything before selling it.

Big Gordy
13th August 2009, 10:40 PM
he had the Dares on the car. I had them also. Didn't he take some of the stuff off the car.

That's what they were called:clap:
He did have some stuff for sale......upper front,lower front and rear strut braces, 2 modded cylinder heads etc.
I'm not convinced its his tho:frown: I could be wrong:rolleyes:

Big Gordy
13th August 2009, 10:41 PM
Just remembered.... I think he had it MTH chipped as well:Whistle:

Big Gordy
13th August 2009, 10:48 PM
Doubt it would be that much faster.....my GTi pulls hard lol ;-)

Ohh I think if it turns out to be Sully's old mowta it will quite easily whup the GTi's ass:moonie:

RyanK
13th August 2009, 11:45 PM
Havn't read through the thread to see if it has been said but it is definately Martins old car. The new owners have only had it a few months though so maybe worth asking why they are getting rid of it. The current owners stay near St Machar in Aberdeen, regularly pass the car on the way into town.

Has the old school NMS sticker with the purple & silver fonts, blueflame, Lenso S73 wheels and im sure loads more.

Apologies if this has already been discovered!

alienwarez
14th August 2009, 09:01 AM
do you still pass his car into work cause if you do its not his car i am looking at heh.

MartinSullivan
14th August 2009, 10:20 AM
As stated this is my old car, I sold it far to cheap to someone who promised they were going to look after it, unfortunately his wife didnt like it - so he traded it in, it was then sold to crown motors up here I believe , and it looks like they have sent it down south.

Some info from memory

17% pulley
380cc injectors
GRS Intercooler
GTT manifold + cat
various GTT bits to protect the engine if the belt snaps
Spax fully adjustable coilovers
Mini Recaro seats (with heated option although Im not sure if the next owner ever installed the cable, seats have the heaters in though)
DVD player head unit
Blueflame exhaust
MTH Remap
factory installed sat nav although Ive tweaked it a little ;)

Now the other owner didnt keep it long enough to get the spare keys off me, so i have them here, you could maybe use that as a bargaining tool (dont tell them i have them), there is also a anti hook and caine device which I have the fobs and keys for.

There are probably loads of other things, which I cant remember off the top of my head but that gives you an idea

Cheers

Mart

alienwarez
14th August 2009, 12:31 PM
Hi Mart, thanks for getting back to us about your car, really sorry that it changed hands so quickly after you selling it. My other half will treat it with the respect it deserves. Is the expected quota of 250hp on this car about right? Will be a fantastic drive if so....

By the way your car is still in perfect condition and the little mini on the sat nav is quality. ;)

Alienwarez

MartinSullivan
15th August 2009, 01:14 PM
Hi Mart, thanks for getting back to us about your car, really sorry that it changed hands so quickly after you selling it. My other half will treat it with the respect it deserves. Is the expected quota of 250hp on this car about right? Will be a fantastic drive if so....

By the way your car is still in perfect condition and the little mini on the sat nav is quality. ;)

Alienwarez

Hi , so you bought it?? Thats great, look after it :thumbs up:

I think 250BHP is a bit exagerated, Ive never rolling roaded it and never would have done, its got everything a JCW car has plus a few other bits and pieces so should be good for 220-230 I would reckon, but it feels "quick" and thats all that mattered to me.

Few other things I remembered

Spacers on the front wheels to increase the track marginally, helped with cornering.
Larger bonnet scoop
Union Jack mirrors (as stated there is a union jack inner mirror , I asked the previous owner to remove it if he ever sold the car as BMW dont make one for that year of car, I had to get mine from Japan).
Whalen shift machine gear knob
B&M Short shift kit
Exedy Sports clutch and lightened flywheel fitted less than 3000 miles ago, need a strong left leg though (which is part of the reason the previous owners wife couldnt get used to it).
Steering wheel re-trimmed in Alcantra
Richbrook handbrake
Bluetooth hands free kit
Genuine BMW Clear Rear lights including top brake light
Zeemax Front strut brace
GTT air filter, including mods to rear scuttle to allow greater cold air flow
GTT Spiraslot brake discs and kevlar pads

the list goes on......

I have in my garage a few other bits that you might be interested in, that I never got around to fitting, Ill pull up a list when I get back to Abz and PM you.

Did you get a full set of keys - should be a non remote one and a "thin" key as well as the fully functional key?? If you got a full set then they must have got new keys or replaced the locks and the ECU, if you didnt get them then let me know as Im sure I have them somewhere and could send them to you for cost of the postage.

If they replaced the ECU then you will have lost the map, I have a copy of the file and the cable required to reflash it if needs be :thumbs up:

Ill tell you now I sold it for nearly half what that garage is asking :rolleyes: because I thought it was going to a good home

MartinSullivan
15th August 2009, 01:17 PM
Just reading back through your posts...

Especially seeing as the car has modifications such as ... limited slip difs etc etc.

If the car was sold to you as having a LSD then it doesnt and never had had, it was on my possible list of things to do but never did it.